There are 231 users in the forums

Dont blame Alex Smith...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Here's my unbiased take on alex smith..

I see only a couple of "Bad" plays on his part. The pass he threw to nowhere when he had 2 wide open receivers in the endzone was my main concern..

do you really blame alex? It seems that the whole team does not have faith in him when he throws the football and it shows in his performance. He threw it away because he doesnt want to make a mistake... His dink and dunk short passes when he wants to go deep with the football

guess what.... THATS WHY WE BENCHED HILL...

I'll really tell you why we never scored 20 or 30 in that game.. on 3rd and 10 raye calls a draw up the middle.. way to conservative..

By the way.... I do not blame alex on the int.... Man coverage against crabtree and you SHOULD go deep with it.. enough air was under it where it was practically positioning that wins you the football. Crabtree slipped up and gave the DB perfect jump on it.. If that was calvin johnson everyone would be saying "what a nice throw by alex smith"

all in all, as long as we win, i think no one really cares what we do.. they say they like to throw and stuff and thats cool, but 30 short 5 yard pass plays arent going to get the job done. We all see flashes of greatness in alex, lets develop it and turn him into a star that he could be..

U guys agree?
No
why
bu..bu.. I want to.
  • Apone
  • Veteran
He had an OK game. He looked good on the first possession moving us nearly 80 yards. I think he was able to make some plays with his feet with the "shovel" passes, and on the screen play. That INT, didn't bother me. You throw it up, hope your guy makes a play and if not they (bears) get the ball on there 15-20.
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
No

LMAO
Originally posted by Ninerman49:
Here's my unbiased take on alex smith..

I see only a couple of "Bad" plays on his part. The pass he threw to nowhere when he had 2 wide open receivers in the endzone was my main concern..

do you really blame alex? It seems that the whole team does not have faith in him when he throws the football and it shows in his performance. He threw it away because he doesnt want to make a mistake... His dink and dunk short passes when he wants to go deep with the football

guess what.... THATS WHY WE BENCHED HILL...

I'll really tell you why we never scored 20 or 30 in that game.. on 3rd and 10 raye calls a draw up the middle.. way to conservative..

By the way.... I do not blame alex on the int.... Man coverage against crabtree and you SHOULD go deep with it.. enough air was under it where it was practically positioning that wins you the football. Crabtree slipped up and gave the DB perfect jump on it.. If that was calvin johnson everyone would be saying "what a nice throw by alex smith"

all in all, as long as we win, i think no one really cares what we do.. they say they like to throw and stuff and thats cool, but 30 short 5 yard pass plays arent going to get the job done. We all see flashes of greatness in alex, lets develop it and turn him into a star that he could be..

U guys agree?

Smith threw the ball away because of pressure, he did not have time to throw to Davis or Morgan. Smith wasnt good and you can see that the coaches do not have faith in him.
Because the guy sucks at improvising. I don't think Alex has a high ceiling. Yeah, he's a smart guy and yes he's got a decent arm, but when his plays don't develop the way they should, Alex can't pull magic out of his ass like Joe, Steve, and at times Jeffy could.
Anybody who doesn't blame Alex on that INT is a fool. He underthrew it and it had way too much air under it.

Why is everyone so afraid to blame Alex when he f**ks up?
I hope he turns it around so all the haters out their can eat their words and shut it

No man I don't agree. If the team didn't show faith in Alex he would not be out there and Hill would be starting. We have a horrible offensive line. 3 out of the 5 starters need to be replaced and they are not giving any QB time to throw the ball and are not opening running lanes. Alex was pressured on that play and decided to play it safe and get the 3. Morgan broke open late but by that time Alex was already set on throwing it away.
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Because the guy sucks at improvising. I don't think Alex has a high ceiling. Yeah, he's a smart guy and yes he's got a decent arm, but when his plays don't develop the way they should, Alex can't pull magic out of his ass like Joe, Steve, and at times Jeffy could.

I Dont know if you remember, but it took steve to have a lot of losing before he "figured it out"...

ALEX HAS playd only 2 games in 2 years... give the guy some time is all im saying.. he will figure it out
Alex play was ok tonight, however was very frustrated with Raye play calling who again fell into his own trap of calling a run damn near everytime on 1st down. I really became frustrated when Chicago was loading up for the 1st down run yet Raye would not pass instead Gore got 2 yard with 9 in the box.
In my opinion, Alex just thinks too much. If he would just have confidence in what he's seeing, that is half the battle.
  • Apone
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Anybody who doesn't blame Alex on that INT is a fool. He underthrew it and it had way too much air under it.

Why is everyone so afraid to blame Alex when he f**ks up?

Everyone? Ha, everyone is afraid to blame Alex? Really who isn't blaming Alex.

[ Edited by Apone on Nov 12, 2009 at 21:35:16 ]
Share 49ersWebzone