LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 204 users in the forums

Singletary is All in with Smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
I heard Singletary on KNBR this morning and he has hitched his cart to the A Smith Bandwagon for better or worse , he says Smith was responsible for 1 turnover, now I know what some of you are going to say , "what else is he supposed to say" etc , and while there is some truth to that he was pretty over the top in his defense and support of Smith, I don't pretend I know more than a coach, GM, Scout, so I guess if Singletary says he's ok who am I to dispute it, we'll see if he's right but it sure sounded like Smith going to be around for awhile.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
I have already stated that Smith was responsible for 1 of the 3 INT's the other 2 were on the WR's. Looks like Singletary agrees
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by backontop:
I have already stated that Smith was responsible for 1 of the 3 INT's the other 2 were on the WR's. Looks like Singletary agrees

Why were they on the receivers? If he would have thrown the ball to them ON TIME and ACCURATELY they would have caught those!
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

Why were they on the receivers? If he would have thrown the ball to them ON TIME and ACCURATELY they would have caught those!

because they were catchable balls that the WR's sent 10 feet in the air
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A

See this is what I'm talking about ,Hall of Famer Singletary says they were on the receivers and Hall Of Fame TV viewer says he's wrong, I didn't watch the film so I can't make that call and even if I did , I'm not qualified
Let's see if sing is still behind him when he throws another 3 INT's on Thursday.
and that was Nolan's down fall......and it might be Sing's as well...

I'm not saying he shouldn't back his QB or anything....but it was obvious he was making excuses for Alex, at the expense of the other players......and the more he does this the more he is really "all in"......so what that sets up is, if.....if Alex struggles again and again....and again....its going to be hard for Sing to detach himself from Alex and by the time he tries to its most likely too late, ala Nolan...

like I have said before....alot of you have ALOT of Faith in Alex....I have tried to on a number of occasions...but I don't get my hopes up anymore....especially after those 2 late 4th qtr. INTs.... the first couple of turnovers fine...what ever, you know...but Alex had a chance to win the game...to redeem himself TWICE......but couldn't....so my expectations are not that high anymore with the rest of the season....we have the talent to beat most teams on our schedule....but it will come down to us limiting our turnovers (especially late in games, when it counts).....because of the type of offense we run.......

so here is hoping for the best but expecting the usual....
Within realistic terms our season is cutting to a close possibly, so we might as well just see if this guy can develop or look amazing within the final 8 games of our schedule (and if we fall to the Cardinals on MNF Nate Davis will replace him).

Scenario A: We'll know if Alex is the guy.
Scenario B: Alex will be released after this season and we'll draft a QB/the Nate Davis 'riverboat' rolls forward down the bay.

Originally posted by 9ermj:

See this is what I'm talking about ,Hall of Famer Singletary says they were on the receivers and Hall Of Fame TV viewer says he's wrong, I didn't watch the film so I can't make that call and even if I did , I'm not qualified

general rule of thumb: if it touches the receivers hand's, it is a catchable ball.

now, the debate maybe that the ball was thrown late or the ball took too much time getting to the receiver (allowing defender to come up and make a play).

i say smith was late on the throw to morgan, but morgan should have caught it. i also say that the ball to crabs took too long to get to him and allowed the defenders to make a play on the ball. BUT crabs could have also made a play to catch it.
Norcalninerfan if the balls hit the recievers in there hands then its on them..... PERIOD. You cannot blame a Quarterback.
  • kirkfiege
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 9ermj:

Hahaha this is an awesome come back! Accurate and on time! Great work!
Originally posted by Afrikan:
and that was Nolan's down fall......and it might be Sing's as well...

I'm not saying he shouldn't back his QB or anything....but it was obvious he was making excuses for Alex, at the expense of the other players......and the more he does this the more he is really "all in"......so what that sets up is, if.....if Alex struggles again and again....and again....its going to be hard for Sing to detach himself from Alex and by the time he tries to its most likely too late, ala Nolan...

like I have said before....alot of you have ALOT of Faith in Alex....I have tried to on a number of occasions...but I don't get my hopes up anymore....especially after those 2 late 4th qtr. INTs.... the first couple of turnovers fine...what ever, you know...but Alex had a chance to win the game...to redeem himself TWICE......but couldn't....so my expectations are not that high anymore with the rest of the season....we have the talent to beat most teams on our schedule....but it will come down to us limiting our turnovers (especially late in games, when it counts).....because of the type of offense we run.......

so here is hoping for the best but expecting the usual....

Whatever? If Alex plays that bad again I hope he's benched just as much as you do. He's not the type that has so many turnovers, so I hope it's an aberration, if it wasn't he'll be benched. I think we win vs. Chicago and will be able to turn our season around. Woottt
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
but it came down like a punt, coach
Share 49ersWebzone