There are 250 users in the forums

Singletary is All in with Smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Afrikan:
and that was Nolan's down fall......and it might be Sing's as well...

I'm not saying he shouldn't back his QB or anything....but it was obvious he was making excuses for Alex, at the expense of the other players......and the more he does this the more he is really "all in"......so what that sets up is, if.....if Alex struggles again and again....and again....its going to be hard for Sing to detach himself from Alex and by the time he tries to its most likely too late, ala Nolan...

like I have said before....alot of you have ALOT of Faith in Alex....I have tried to on a number of occasions...but I don't get my hopes up anymore....especially after those 2 late 4th qtr. INTs.... the first couple of turnovers fine...what ever, you know...but Alex had a chance to win the game...to redeem himself TWICE......but couldn't....so my expectations are not that high anymore with the rest of the season....we have the talent to beat most teams on our schedule....but it will come down to us limiting our turnovers (especially late in games, when it counts).....because of the type of offense we run.......

so here is hoping for the best but expecting the usual....

I don't disagree with you, I don't think Sing is a great coach but as a former player I find it hard to believe he'd blame someone else if he really believed it was Smith's fault, it's not what he preaches so if you are right then he's no better the Snake Oil Salesman Nolan, maybe worse at least Nolan never claimed to be anything else
Originally posted by boast:
but it came down like a punt, coach

im starting to not like Josh Morgan
Originally posted by Richva9er:
Norcalninerfan if the balls hit the recievers in there hands then its on them..... PERIOD. You cannot blame a Quarterback.

so what's the point of having an accurate QB then????

why waste a #1 draft pick on a QB....why sign A big name QB off free agency....why do all this when apparently, ALL YOU NEED IS A QB THAT CAN THROW THE BALL TO A RECEIVER ...it doesn't matter if its late...doesn't matter if its off target most of the time......no ALL you need is a QB who can throw a ball in the area.....and EVERY WR is REQUIRED TO CATCH IT......YOU CAN NOT BLAME THE QB!!!

After ALL THESE YEARS...I think I am finally starting to understand the sport of Football...thankx fellas.

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:

im starting to not like Josh Morgan

join the club. let's hope Sing makes the correct decision and goes with J Hill more the rest of the season.
Originally posted by Method:
and that was Nolan's down fall......and it might be Sing's as well...

I'm not saying he shouldn't back his QB or anything....but it was obvious he was making excuses for Alex, at the expense of the other players......and the more he does this the more he is really "all in"......so what that sets up is, if.....if Alex struggles again and again....and again....its going to be hard for Sing to detach himself from Alex and by the time he tries to its most likely too late, ala Nolan...

like I have said before....alot of you have ALOT of Faith in Alex....I have tried to on a number of occasions...but I don't get my hopes up anymore....especially after those 2 late 4th qtr. INTs.... the first couple of turnovers fine...what ever, you know...but Alex had a chance to win the game...to redeem himself TWICE......but couldn't....so my expectations are not that high anymore with the rest of the season....we have the talent to beat most teams on our schedule....but it will come down to us limiting our turnovers (especially late in games, when it counts).....because of the type of offense we run.......

so here is hoping for the best but expecting the usual....

Whatever? If Alex plays that bad again I hope he's benched just as much as you do. He's not the type that has so many turnovers, so I hope it's an aberration, if it wasn't he'll be benched. I think we win vs. Chicago and will be able to turn our season around. Woottt

What? He doesn't have many turn-overs?
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A

For all Morgan's screw ups this is one of my all time favorite quotes
Originally posted by 9ermj:
I heard Singletary on KNBR this morning and he has hitched his cart to the A Smith Bandwagon for better or worse , he says Smith was responsible for 1 turnover, now I know what some of you are going to say , "what else is he supposed to say" etc , and while there is some truth to that he was pretty over the top in his defense and support of Smith, I don't pretend I know more than a coach, GM, Scout, so I guess if Singletary says he's ok who am I to dispute it, we'll see if he's right but it sure sounded like Smith going to be around for awhile.

Stupid decision.

Tie yourself, your players, your coaches and everyone else in your organization to a loser.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

At least TRY the the dude that looker great in preseason!!!!

I've lost a lot of RESPECT for Singletary with this one.

F--king moron.
What else is he supposed to say or do?

Of course he's not going to crucify his QB like Nolan did. He's not gonna fault all the picks on him. (even though it was his fault)

We have nobody else right now better than Alex, so might as well go with him.
It's great that he is backing Alex and I'm really curious to see whether Alex will bounce back from this game. Personally, I don't like the blame game going on but it is absolutely necessary for the growth of Alex Smith. Alex isn't ready to shoulder the blame and I think Sing knows that. After everything that has happened to him he needs someone to pat him on the back and carry him and that is exactly what Sing is doing. Alex needs to come out and have a good game against the Bears and not for anyone else but for himself.
Originally posted by Richva9er:
Norcalninerfan if the balls hit the recievers in there hands then its on them..... PERIOD. You cannot blame a Quarterback.

so what's the point of having an accurate QB then????

why waste a #1 draft pick on a QB....why sign A big name QB off free agency....why do all this when apparently, ALL YOU NEED IS A QB THAT CAN THROW THE BALL TO A RECEIVER ...it doesn't matter if its late...doesn't matter if its off target most of the time......no ALL you need is a QB who can throw a ball in the area.....and EVERY WR is REQUIRED TO CATCH IT......YOU CAN NOT BLAME THE QB!!!

After ALL THESE YEARS...I think I am finally starting to understand the sport of Football...thankx fellas.

The job of the QB is to get the ball into the hands of the WR.

If it gets there, after that it's on the WR to actually catch it. Just my opinion.

-9fA

that was the funnies line all season. Sad tho.

Originally posted by BAD_AL:
Originally posted by 9ermj:
I heard Singletary on KNBR this morning and he has hitched his cart to the A Smith Bandwagon for better or worse , he says Smith was responsible for 1 turnover, now I know what some of you are going to say , "what else is he supposed to say" etc , and while there is some truth to that he was pretty over the top in his defense and support of Smith, I don't pretend I know more than a coach, GM, Scout, so I guess if Singletary says he's ok who am I to dispute it, we'll see if he's right but it sure sounded like Smith going to be around for awhile.

Stupid decision.

Tie yourself, your players, your coaches and everyone else in your organization to a loser.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

At least TRY the the dude that looker great in preseason!!!!

I've lost a lot of RESPECT for Singletary with this one.

F--king moron.

I bet he loses sleep crying all night long knowing that you don't respect him for sticking with what he's got to work with. It is hilarious that you think you know better how to evaluate a player than a paid NFL coach...stick to your day job.
Originally posted by backontop:
I have already stated that Smith was responsible for 1 of the 3 INT's the other 2 were on the WR's. Looks like Singletary agrees

Anyone who watched the game with an objective mind could see that. I would also partly put the fumble on him to, because he must protect the ball even when the pass protection breaks down. Bottom line is Sing understands it's going to take time, and he believes in his players....that's encouraging.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
What else is he supposed to say or do?

Of course he's not going to crucify his QB like Nolan did. He's not gonna fault all the picks on him. (even though it was his fault)

We have nobody else right now better than Alex, so might as well go with him.

You can repeat that all the picks were Smith's fault but it doesn't make it true.
Share 49ersWebzone