LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

Players that have to go

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It will be nice to keep Baas, Snyder, and Bly as backup.

Hudson is a good special team player. Reggie Smith is only in his second year and should get a pass.

To me Battle, Ulbrich, and Roman are the players that needs to go.
There's obviously so many players we can actually let go this offseason.

1. Battle - he's done ..
2. Clements - This is iffy, since i dont know how the contract is layed out. Or a reconstruction would be possible. But he's not worth 8-10 million next season.

3. Roman/Lewis - we need something to give with these two.

4. Bruce - think he's on his last season anyway.

5. Haralson - ehh.. rookie mid rounder would be better imo.
F**k Arnaz Battle let him have to go or trade it mofo!! F**k Mark Roman let him have to go or Release it mofo! Jeff Ulbrich didn't much to playing it because he already had painful or injured something whatever.. i prefer to let him be release it.. Isaac Sopoaga didn't have to fix with the 49ers to defense because didn't work out it.. that is sad... I think, Isaac Sopoage should go to trade it for the Drafts? The 49ers should have without Isaac Sopoage because the 49ers will have to wins how better without with him mofo! I believe it..

[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Dec 8, 2009 at 15:28:54 ]
Battle should have been cut two years ago. Dude contributes nothing. Bruce is going to be gone anyway. Draft a PR/KR who can be an emergency wideout.

Roman needs to get to steppin. He's not even quality depth imo. I'd rather see R. Smith at 2nd string safety.

I'd rather see Harylson and Brooks at backup OLB. If we can somehow hit a homerun ala Willis or close to it in the draft OLB wise our LB core would be set for awhile.

The OL needs to be blown up. I'm not sure wtf to do there, but I would keep Sims as depth. Baas is in a contract year and he sucks. Snyder sucks. Rachal needs more time. Heitman is solid, but he's not having a great year, but neither is the line as a whole, so who the f**k knows. I can't figure out why this line forgot how to run block, so cut the OL coach.

Off Shaun Hill too. As much as I like the guy, he's not the future even as a #2. Davis is a project, but I'd like to see him muscle his way into a backup role.

I'm not sure what needs to be done at the corner position. Who knows if Harris will step up or step off, or if the team will even give him a chance. Spencer is decent, Brown is a backup, and Clements needs to start earning his $$.

We might be further away than we think, and alot of important players will need to be resigned soon.

Originally posted by MadMartz:
Bruce/ Hampering our young wrs game time
Roman/ Sux
Goldson/ not a playmaker
Battle/ wasted roster spot
Norris/ not opening up the holes like he used to
Baas/ never panned out/ bench
Snyder/ never panned out/ bench
Smith/ we need to go in another direction
Hill/ we need to go in another direction

We fix these positions and we are SB bound!
dude smith is your qb for the future..lol
moran norris, brandon jones, mark roman, keith smith, arnaz battle.
Brandon Jones
Battle
Roman
Synder
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Bruce/ Hampering our young wrs game time
Roman/ Sux
Goldson/ not a playmaker
Battle/ wasted roster spot
Norris/ not opening up the holes like he used to
Baas/ never panned out/ bench
Snyder/ never panned out/ bench
Smith/ we need to go in another direction
Hill/ we need to go in another direction

We fix these positions and we are SB bound!
Agreed with all except for Smith, he is just starting to show some flashes of greatness, i would give him another year.
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
F**k Arnaz Battle let him have to go or trade it mofo!! F**k Mark Roman let him have to go or Release it mofo! Jeff Ulbrich didn't much to playing it because he already had painful or injured something whatever.. i prefer to let him be release it.. Isaac Sopoaga didn't have to fix with the 49ers to defense because didn't work out it.. that is sad... I think, Isaac Sopoage should go to trade it for the Drafts? The 49ers should have without Isaac Sopoage because the 49ers will have to wins how better without with him mofo! I believe it..

Huh? Huh? And huh again?

I hope English is your 2nd language.

Hell, you made a believer out of me too brother!
Originally posted by 5xChamp:
Has to go: Mark Roman - sucks , Arnez Battle - time to move on, Bruce - Lost a step, Mike Lewis - Concussions and alittle slow

What we Need: A Right Tackle, Playmaking Safety, Kick Returner, Pass Rusher
If only Scot were to be replaced with a good GM.........
Here is my list, and very similar to some of yours...

1. Bruce - he is retiring, so this is probably a moot point
2. Battle - I would rather get a speedy backup WR that can "also" return punts, because Battle doesn't catch or return punts...
3. Snyder - either cut or he needs to be a backup
4. Roman - quality backup, but better to build a rookie or acquire a more seasoned veteran
5. Robinson - he brings good special teams to the game, but he is a terrible backup RB...
6. Ulbrich - is most likely retiring, but if not, we can release him...

I am sure there are a few others that are expendable. I really don't like having a whole lot of guys that play only ST, but do not provide good quality backups...
  • Steve
  • Info N/A
While I agree that it is time for Battle to move on, I think that right now he would be better as the third receiver on third downs. He was always successful at getting that short past in the middle to get the third down. We aren't getting it done right now.
Hill should stay as back up QB for another year at least. Davis is no where near ready, lets not screw him up by pushing him too hard and too early. He looks to have potential. Hill has an excellent record as back up with the Niners. He knows the plays, is confident, and can move the ball given the right plays.
How about the person that thought that Sopoago should be traded and gone. What kind of B.S. is that? The guy is really getting it done now. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but that one is way off base. Agree with most of the others that everyone thinks should go.
Share 49ersWebzone