LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

Players that have to go

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I want release that players have to go Roman, Battle, M. Lewis, Goldson, Lawson, Haralson, T.Spikes and I. Sopoaga

Roman is still suck while!

Battle is nothing for yards lesson

M.Lewis is damn too old and soft tackle

Goldson is ok and too slow to read the defense and bad play

Lawson is not smart to play a football and not much tackles well

Haralson is rare with sacks and rare with tackles and very well play

T.Spikes is kinda too old and play ok for tackles well

I. Sopoaga didn't tackle with them RB or didnt much sacks with QB.. he is play bad a football!

So much for the English Language.
Every one in the whole organization except Mike Johnson, Willis, Gore,Lawson,Staley,Crabs,VD,Clements,Heitman.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
My choices:

Mark Roman - The Kwame Harris of the secondary, March can't get here fast enough.
Shaun Hill - Yes, him too, time to re-vamp both the starter and back up QB's.
Arnaz Battle - via free agency, love the guy, but I wanna see Crabtree, Morgan and Hill in there.
Michael Robinson - We need a better return man and singleback, lets get Sheets back or draft CJ Spiller.
Isaac Bruce - See Arnaz Battle, same.

**Edited for change of heart purposes!!!**

[ Edited by Kolohe on Dec 7, 2009 at 22:36:49 ]
Originally posted by 5xChamp:
Has to go: Mark Roman - sucks , Arnez Battle - time to move on, Bruce - Lost a step, Mike Lewis - Concussions and alittle slow

What we Need: A Right Tackle, Playmaking Safety, Kick Returner, Pass Rusher

i remember this same line of thought being used for cutting rossum. we don't have dynamic so we have to settle for what we've got right now.
  • Tombo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by baltien:
The Cut List:

-Bruce: Served us well but now he's far too slow to make in impact.

-Roman: Doesn't even require an explanation.

-Battle: See 'Bruce'.

-Chris Forester: He has consistently been one of the worst Line coaches in the game. How this guy continues to find employment is nothing short of amazing. The very first thing I expect to hear at the conclusion of our season is Sing announcing his dismissal.

The Bench/Demote List:

-Everyone on the O-Line not named Eric Heitmann. The only player I'd consider starting is Baas.The rest right now are at best, depth players and nothing more.

This is by far our biggest area of concern.

-Haralson (and possibly Lawson): Lawson gets the nod over Haralson because he's better in coverage. Either way, we need to get a legitimate pass rusher to fill one (or both) of our OLB positions.

-Josh Morgan: Has all the physical tools to be a very good WR, but makes far too many mental errors. Let him, Hill, and Jones battle it out in camp next year. Even if he doesn't start, he makes a very good slot WR.

Pending:

-Alex Smith. As of right now, I still believe that this kid can get it done. I'd like to see him progress through his reads more, and stop being so impatient and forcing throws. Unfortunately for him, he's short on both time and O-Line talent.

In any case, I'll reserve final judgment until the end of the season.

-Jimmy Raye: His playcalling has been better in recent weeks. Hopefully he'll keep it up.

Agree with you on everything except keep Staley and replace w/r coach--Sully has not produced anyone exciting in all these years.
  • Stuuk
  • Veteran
Subject is players that need to GO

Bruce: I'm not gonna hate on the guy he was productive last season and is a great pro but I think he probably regrets coming back this season, and hasnt looked right missing catches he would normally grab with ease Retired

Roman: Again the guy hasn't been terrible, I know he has made some errors and has a lack of big plays but he done a job for us, however, if we want to take the team to the next level we need more playmakers especially at Safety Released

Battle: Another guy who has been a good servant to the team throughout the years, especially when they were appalling. However, he doesn’t currently add much to the team apart from being a effective blocker on Special Teams. Out of contract Released

These players should be kept for depth but should only be starting in certain game/injury situations as I don’t think they possess consistent starting quality.

Snyder: They say he can play any position on the line, which he can but none to a high or consistent level.

Baas: Has been a disappointment for a 2nd round pick, has had issues with injuries but was kept out of starting line-up for a few years with good reason it would seem. I would be surprised if he is retained as FA at end of season. Lets hope he isn’t as successful as Smiley has been in his new home

Haralson: Good season last year but struggled this year needs to show something in next few weeks to show us he is better than a backup player

Morgan: Big things were expected from Morgan but I think he has disappointed thus far, being caught during the Atlanta game and his effort in fighting for the ball appears not existent. Another who needs to show something in the final 8 weeks to warrant a place starting next season.

Goldson: Given a chance this year and although he hasn’t been a complete disaster is maybe better suited to a backup role.

Clements: I hate to do this because I admire him as a player and person but his play this season doesn’t warrant his contract. I think a move to safety would be a good move for both parties, he could be like Lewis with better coverage skills.

Can’t believe they have been mentioned:

Robinson: Special teams stud, decent depth at RB/FB and safe hands when required and for KO
Lawson: Although he isn’t a pass rushing beast is a very good player and has played well this season
Staley: One of the best young LT in the league

[ Edited by Stuuk on Nov 10, 2009 at 03:53:35 ]
Originally posted by Dino:
Originally posted by xx49erfanxx:
Willis
Gore
Crabtree
Vernon
Clements
Wow Dino less make you a GM .

yep. i wasn't joking or anything.....

That is the sad part , we know your not joking ...............
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Bruce
M. Lewis
M. Roman
J.Ulbrich (with regret)
C. Wallace (useless draft pick)
A. Battle
A. Brooks (if he can't see the field with our two average OLB's, he's gotta go)

Jason Hill hasnt seen the field either this year and what does he do? He scores 2 TDs.
Bruce and Roman 100%. There's no one else I think needs to go.

It would also be nice to have the OL depth to get rid of Sims too but I wouldn't do it if he's still one of the top 4 tackles on the roster in camp.

Aside from that it looks like Ulbrich will probably retire and it looks like Battle doesn't have a place on this team anymore but you should always have 5 WRs on the roster and you're just going to have to sign someone else (that isn't going to play) if you cut him so why not keep him for the last year of his contract?
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Willis
Gore
Crabtree
Vernon
Clements
Wow Dino less make you a GM .

yep. i wasn't joking or anything.....

That is the sad part , we know your not joking ...............

Besides the players u guys are right Scot McClueless has to go also besides a few good selection in the draft most of the draft pick selection have been brain scratchers

Ketwan Balmer??????

& now Glen Coffee?????

there is more to that list but does guys are the ones that have lately had me thinking

WTF!!!! was he thinking??????
How are you guys hating on Glen Coffee? A rookie RB with a total of 75 carries running behind a line that Frank Gore has had a hell of a time doing anything behind and he's already a bad pick? Chalk that up to things that only make sense in the WZ.
Lets add Brandon Jones & Moran Norris to the list
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Also Alex Smith.

Is this a call you would stick with, in hindsight?
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by baltien:
The Cut List:

-Bruce: Served us well but now he's far too slow to make in impact.

-Roman: Doesn't even require an explanation.

-Battle: See 'Bruce'.

-Chris Forester: He has consistently been one of the worst Line coaches in the game. How this guy continues to find employment is nothing short of amazing. The very first thing I expect to hear at the conclusion of our season is Sing announcing his dismissal.

The Bench/Demote List:

-Everyone on the O-Line not named Eric Heitmann. The only player I'd consider starting is Baas.The rest right now are at best, depth players and nothing more.

This is by far our biggest area of concern.

-Haralson (and possibly Lawson): Lawson gets the nod over Haralson because he's better in coverage. Either way, we need to get a legitimate pass rusher to fill one (or both) of our OLB positions.

-Josh Morgan: Has all the physical tools to be a very good WR, but makes far too many mental errors. Let him, Hill, and Jones battle it out in camp next year. Even if he doesn't start, he makes a very good slot WR.

Pending:

-Alex Smith. As of right now, I still believe that this kid can get it done. I'd like to see him progress through his reads more, and stop being so impatient and forcing throws. Unfortunately for him, he's short on both time and O-Line talent.

In any case, I'll reserve final judgment until the end of the season.

-Jimmy Raye: His playcalling has been better in recent weeks. Hopefully he'll keep it up.

Jimmy "Mummy" Raye--playcalling better in recent weeks??? 2nd and short/3rd and 2 with less than a minute and passing the ball?? HE LOST THE GAME even MC Hammer can call better plays than that. He need to go....

I agree with u the rest of the way, oh and G. Coffee need to follow the mummy.
Share 49ersWebzone