There are 168 users in the forums

Is the Bruce era done in SF?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is the Bruce era done in SF?

• nj49erfan
  • Info N/A
Time to go with the youth movement across the board for the recievers. Let Alex spend the rest of the year getting comfortable with Crabs, Morgan, Jones and for petes sake give Hill a god damn chance. Bruce has no place in the future and we are not going to win the super bowl this year so get our young guys in there. I seriously doubt at this point that Issac Bruce is the difference between making the playoffs and not making the playoffs.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Has to be. He's costing us games with his drops that kill drives. Outside of route running he doesn't really do anything, and that only really helps you out if once he gets the ball he can hold onto it. He doesn't stretch the field, he doesn't block well, and his hands have turned to stone. I like the guy but I think he's pretty much done.

anyone notice on the fumble by Crabtree what Bruce was doing? he was in front of the play and just kind of stood there watching the ball lie on the ground. no effort to pick it up at all, maybe he didn't think it was a fumble but he should have dove head first towards the ball, if he would have i believe he def would have recovered it. Looks like Bruce is just collecting a paycheck.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Cut him, not just bench him.

WR: Crabtree/Hill
WR: Morgan/Jones/Spurlock

no reason to cut him....Bruce is better than other teams #4 WR and that's what he should be for us.
Crabtree/Morgan starting
Jones in the slot
Bruce #4

the guy we need to cut is Spurlock

It looks like Battle's era is also over in SF according to you guys. You both don't even have him as the fifth receiver? I, too believe that Battle won't be on the team next season. I really believe we need to find a fast special teams type WR next year whether it be via the draft or free agency so we can finally get rid of the rest of the trash like Battle and Spurlock.

[ Edited by obx49 on Nov 1, 2009 at 16:45:30 ]
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I'm sick of him. He needs to split more time with Morgan and Jones Morgan and Crabs need to be in on 3 wide sets.

Doesn't seem like he plays with effort and drops too many easy passes. I'm pretty sure all the young wideouts are gonna learn from them they've learned at this point so now they need PT.

But the staff loves him so unfortunately he's gonna still be in the game.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Has to be. He's costing us games with his drops that kill drives. Outside of route running he doesn't really do anything, and that only really helps you out if once he gets the ball he can hold onto it. He doesn't stretch the field, he doesn't block well, and his hands have turned to stone. I like the guy but I think he's pretty much done.

anyone notice on the fumble by Crabtree what Bruce was doing? he was in front of the play and just kind of stood there watching the ball lie on the ground. no effort to pick it up at all, maybe he didn't think it was a fumble but he should have dove head first towards the ball, if he would have i believe he def would have recovered it. Looks like Bruce is just collecting a paycheck.

He should be collecting social security.

this...Stole the words out of my head.
The Bruce era is over at the end of the season. He will be retiring.
He is not giving us an 100% effort out there. It looks like he is just trying to get through this season without any major injury so he can leave this game in one piece. I would much rather see Hill and Jones out there then to watch this has been not even try to make a great catch on a slightly poor throw or just fall down or run for the sidelines when he does make the catch. It is not fair to us fans to watch his effort on a week in and week out basis. Bench this hack before it's to late!
For the record, Bruce isn't the Devil, but he shouldn't be starting either. I would love to see Battle stay with SF. All he does is get open and catch the ball. There is no reason to get rid of him. He's only been in the league 6 seasonss and has been faithful during it all. If anything he deserves some loyalty.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Nov 1, 2009 at 16:46:09 ]
Seems like he has dropped a lot of passes this season. He is not having the same impact he made last year. I think he still has some value as a third down receiver, but shouldn't be a starter.

He looks like he doesen't even want to be out there
if a receiver has good hands and runs great routes he doesnt need speed. if a receiver is fast and can catch he doesnt have to be perfect on his routes. if a receiver is not fast and cant catch i dont care how good his routes are. bench this clown!!! f**kin drive killer
Yeah Bruce has to make way for the younger WRs. He isn't an awful player, but we have a lot of talent that's being left on the bench. Bruce is on the downswing of his career, but with no disrespect, I think Bruce should be bumped down the depth chart
I think he's expendable.
I don't know if his brief stint here can be considered an 'era', but yes I do think it's time he starts giving up some time to the younger guys. He does still have something to offer, but Crabtree has shown he's already a force and Morgan was great for us going into the stretch last year. That combined with Davis' ascension to one of the better recieving TE's in the league, it's only logical that Bruce takes a lesser role with this team moving forward. Heck, maybe we could get Hill and Jones some playing time!
Share 49ersWebzone