There are 163 users in the forums

Is the Bruce era done in SF?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is the Bruce era done in SF?

• obx49
  • Veteran
I'm kind of split on this one. I think his veteran presence combined with his excellent route running skills are too valuable. On the other hand, I want to see what Hill, Morgan and Jones can do.
bench him like clements!
At the least, he needs to start splitting time.

Morgan needs to get some snaps at flanker.

-9fA
He can still produce this season, but I expect his role to diminish by the end of the season. Already, Crabtree has the most snaps, with Bruce and Morgan having a similar amount. It won't be long now until Bruce is a back-up. It's a good thing for us though when a solid veteran player like him loses his spot to up-and-comers like Crabtree and Morgan.
  • Apone
  • Veteran
i hope so
He hasnt played well at all.
Should be, he should play less and give guys like Jones and Hill some time.

[ Edited by niners94 on Nov 1, 2009 at 16:04:42 ]
He's done.
Bruce is still productive, but he is not the future. The young talent has to get on the field more. Bruce should have no problem coming off the bench. It may improve his play.
Originally posted by niners94:
Should be, he should play less and give guys like Jones and Hill some time.

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Cut him, not just bench him.

WR: Crabtree/Hill
WR: Morgan/Jones/Spurlock
It should be but it isn't.
it will be before the end of the season when Morgan and Crabtree both should be starting.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Cut him, not just bench him.

WR: Crabtree/Hill
WR: Morgan/Jones/Spurlock

no reason to cut him....Bruce is better than other teams #4 WR and that's what he should be for us.
Crabtree/Morgan starting
Jones in the slot
Bruce #4

the guy we need to cut is Spurlock
Has to be. He's costing us games with his drops that kill drives. Outside of route running he doesn't really do anything, and that only really helps you out if once he gets the ball he can hold onto it. He doesn't stretch the field, he doesn't block well, and his hands have turned to stone. I like the guy but I think he's pretty much done.
Share 49ersWebzone