There are 201 users in the forums

Is the Bruce era done in SF?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is the Bruce era done in SF?

I really wanted him to retire too
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Has to be. He's costing us games with his drops that kill drives. Outside of route running he doesn't really do anything, and that only really helps you out if once he gets the ball he can hold onto it. He doesn't stretch the field, he doesn't block well, and his hands have turned to stone. I like the guy but I think he's pretty much done.

anyone notice on the fumble by Crabtree what Bruce was doing? he was in front of the play and just kind of stood there watching the ball lie on the ground. no effort to pick it up at all, maybe he didn't think it was a fumble but he should have dove head first towards the ball, if he would have i believe he def would have recovered it. Looks like Bruce is just collecting a paycheck.

I have no doubt that morgan would have been in there fighting for the ball.
Damn ppl in here sure do love exagerating in here cut him, Bench him
WTF!!!!!!!

He's a Future HOF give the man a break 1 or 2 bad games all of a sudden he's a burden on this team

RELAX PPL!!!!!!!
He hasn't had one good game all season.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

Well if we had a REAL QB to throw to him we wouldnt have this problem right?
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

Well if we had a REAL QB to throw to him we wouldnt have this problem right?

He had no problem catching balls from Shaun last year did he?
He's done.
Bruce still has quite a few big games left. The ownership and the front office were given the understanding that at the right moment, say in the playoff, Singletary will perform special motivation session with Bruce to unlatch the hidden reserve.
He dropped some important balls today. I was screaming at the screen at Famous Sam's.
  • B650
  • Veteran
IMO, Bruce should split time with Morgan as the 3rd WR. Crabtree should be our #1 and Jason Hill should be our #2. I'm getting a little tired of Bruce's drops and inability to get separation. I'm also a little tired of Josh Morgan acting like a 12-year-old.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,100 for JBatta49erfansince81.
He stinks. He has to be up near the top as far as leading the NFL in drops this year.

I've been saying for some time that he is done and is just taking playing time from someone likes Jones, Morgan or Hill.

It would have been better all around if he had just retired after last season. All the crap about him mentoring the younger WR's is a bunch of BS, that's what coaches are for.
I wouldn't even call it an era. He's just there to keep Rice's 80 jersey warm during practice.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Damn ppl in here sure do love exagerating in here cut him, Bench him
WTF!!!!!!!

He's a Future HOF give the man a break 1 or 2 bad games all of a sudden he's a burden on this team

RELAX PPL!!!!!!!

He is a future HOF because of what he did for the RAMS about 4 years or more ago, not because of what has produced as a 49er.

Face it, Bruce is washed up and shouldn't be starting at all. He is at best better suited to coming in for 3 or 4 WR sets.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
era? lol he's been here a year and a half.
Battle > Bruce

At this stage.
Share 49ersWebzone