There are 202 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

No Explosive Crabtree plays yet, but good production

• nj49erfan
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by matt49er:
By next season this kid will be mentioned with the elite WR's Fitz/Moss/A.Johnson.
He did make 2 costly mistakes today, the fumble and the tip that resulted in the INT he should have let go and that ball would have fell incomplete. he also had a drop but overall looks very good and has far exceeded my expectations for his 1st 2 games.

Agreed. Kid is awesome. Recievers are hardly ever superstars thier rookie year. He is gassed from missing so much time and that is his own fault yet he is still out there for almost every play making stuff happen. I never thought I would say this after his holdout but I love this kid. I agree with the statement above I think he is going to be a superstar withint two years.
By next season this kid will be mentioned with the elite WR's Fitz/Moss/A.Johnson.
He did make 2 costly mistakes today, the fumble and the tip that resulted in the INT he should have let go and that ball would have fell incomplete. he also had a drop but overall looks very good and has far exceeded my expectations for his 1st 2 games.

A receiver is not trained to let a possible catch go. Get real. The truth is, if you get a hand on the ball, you should make the catch... But you never leave a ball go if you're close enough to get a hand on it. You won't find a single coach in the league that wants his WRs to let the ball go by.
  • Crown
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
He's already the best WR on the team.

I would put him behind VD who is playing out of his mind.
just 4 words thank you al davis
11 catches in just 2 games without a t.c. and preseaon....pretty good...making my investment for his jersey worth it
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
11 catches in just 2 games without a t.c. and preseaon....pretty good...making my investment for his jersey worth it

He is going to have some really big games this year. So much for rookies not making much of an impact.
i hope they try to expose the weak ass titans next week and throw crabtree a pass in stride and watch him destroy the secondary. he's been catching a lot of sideline, posession type passes so far, which is awesome because we have a dependable receiver we can throw to on 3rd down (when were not running on 3rd and 20 ) but he can do it all and as he gets more comfortable in the offense the explosive plays will come, if raye stays awake long enough to call them
Originally posted by calinig4life:
just 4 words thank you al davis

Heyward-Bay has bust written all over him. I almost feel sorry for those Raider fans. Almost.
Worst case scenario: we have a dependable possession reciever ... best case: the sky's the limit.
Originally posted by Chief:
Yah but he needs to learn how to protect the ball better, stupid bonehead move today with that fumble.

rookie mistake. he'll correct is asap.
His production has been good given the offense he plays in. He'll have some big plays before the end of the season. It will be interesting to see how defenses will have to change things up to account for him if he keeps playing well. Maybe this will open things up for Gore a little.
Originally posted by thojess:

A receiver is not trained to let a possible catch go. Get real. The truth is, if you get a hand on the ball, you should make the catch... But you never leave a ball go if you're close enough to get a hand on it. You won't find a single coach in the league that wants his WRs to let the ball go by.

Every WR would try to catch that ball out of pure reaction... well, except Brandon Lloyd
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cestmoi:
Worst case scenario: we have a dependable possession reciever ... best case: the sky's the limit.

That's what he seems to be: a great possession WR like Michael Irvin. I don't know if he's capable of stretching the field. Does he have the speed? We'll find out more next week.
This kid is going to be very special for us. He has played great so far & will have some big games by years end.
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by cestmoi:

That's what he seems to be: a great possession WR like Michael Irvin. I don't know if he's capable of stretching the field. Does he have the speed? We'll find out more next week.
we may never find out the way raye calls the plays