LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 176 users in the forums

No Explosive Crabtree plays yet, but good production

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So far, Crabtree has had 5 receptions for 56 yards against the Texans and 6 receptions for 81 yards against the Colts.

Those aren't superstar numbers and he hasn't had any explosive 70 yard catch and runs, truck-sticking strong safeties (which he will), but that's solid production for a rookie that missed all of training camp.

His average is 68 yards per game and if you translate that to a 16 game season... 1100 yards receiving. Of course, that's a poor estimate with only two games under his belt, but it's a nice thought... coupled with the fact that he's continuing to learn the offense and we're transitioning to be a more passing team, I think his numbers will go up... I think he'll have some nice production this season.

I'm curious though how teams are playing him. Has he run into any double-coverages yet? Some of his catches have been on out and curl routes, while he's had a few over the middle.
He's played very well for just being in two games.
He still learning the offense give him some time dude has been good.
6 for 80 is impressive in this Jimmy Raye offense.
The kid is going to be special. No training camp, no preseason and missed the first 5 games. I thought he wouldn't do much but he has impressed me.
He is still learning. He's only gonna get better and that has to be scary for the rest of the NFC West.

There's little doubt in my mind that we hit the jackpot in this past draft.
I was happy was his production. But one would mention he was involved in both turnovers we had.

Im sure they will teach how to hold the ball whenever he's running around.
He's already the best WR on the team.

[ Edited by blunt_probe on Nov 1, 2009 at 16:18:02 ]
In his first 2 games he's playing above average.The explosive plays will come as soon as square peg round raye starts spreading the offense!
Raiders are so stupid

Originally posted by boomer49er:
Raiders are so stupid

lulz DHB over MC15
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Yah but he needs to learn how to protect the ball better, stupid bonehead move today with that fumble.
Originally posted by Chief:
Yah but he needs to learn how to protect the ball better, stupid bonehead move today with that fumble.

He will he was stumbling while trying to gain extra yards it won't happen again.
By next season this kid will be mentioned with the elite WR's Fitz/Moss/A.Johnson.
He did make 2 costly mistakes today, the fumble and the tip that resulted in the INT he should have let go and that ball would have fell incomplete. he also had a drop but overall looks very good and has far exceeded my expectations for his 1st 2 games.
Originally posted by Chief:

It takes some smarts to run routes against a cover 2 (deep outs, behind the MLB) and he knows how to do that. He's going great and just needs more reps with Alex to build on that chemistry they already have.
Share 49ersWebzone