Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 560 users in the forums

How do you think Alex Smith did today?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Alex has turned a corner. That was a pretty good defense and he played pretty well. He looks calm and decisive. As has been stated ad nauseum, we need to open it up a bit to play to our strengths, which now appears to be the passing game. Funny turn of events. I am not too down. Three of our losses were against high quality opponents. A few plays go our way and we could have beat both the Vikes and the Colts. We're close. Raye needs to open it up, we need to jump out to leads against inferior opponents and suffocate them with our defense.

I agree with you,he's a different QB and has weapons now.Give him an upgraded o-line,a improved or new playcalling OC and he will light it up.
  • B650
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,205
Originally posted by danimal:
proved yet again that he is perfectly capable of being an important part of this offense, and it ends there. If the win or loss comes down to Alex Smith, 9 times out of 10 you are going to get the loss.

Dumbest post of the day.
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by danimal:
proved yet again that he is perfectly capable of being an important part of this offense, and it ends there. If the win or loss comes down to Alex Smith, 9 times out of 10 you are going to get the loss.

Dumbest post of the day.

agreed
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by danimal:
proved yet again that he is perfectly capable of being an important part of this offense, and it ends there. If the win or loss comes down to Alex Smith, 9 times out of 10 you are going to get the loss.

Dumbest post of the day.
He deserves another start. Not a great performance but I saw some nice things. Scrambling to avoid the sack was nice. What I didn't like is that we never really challenged deep. I also like the chemistry he is building with Crabtree.
  • B650
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,205
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
He deserves another start. Not a great performance but I saw some nice things. Scrambling to avoid the sack was nice. What I didn't like is that we never really challenged deep. I also like the chemistry he is building with Crabtree.

I believe he's earned the right to finish the year as our starting QB and try to build some chemistry with Davis, Crabtree, Gore, etc.
Originally posted by danimal:
proved yet again that he is perfectly capable of being an important part of this offense, and it ends there. If the win or loss comes down to Alex Smith, 9 times out of 10 you are going to get the loss.


Coaches are failing this team on offense. They are not calling plays or game planning in a way that gives the players the best chance for success.
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by danimal:
proved yet again that he is perfectly capable of being an important part of this offense, and it ends there. If the win or loss comes down to Alex Smith, 9 times out of 10 you are going to get the loss.

Dumbest post of the day.

agreed

Sure All I have is actual results, stats and national agreement....and you guys have the almight homeric "glimpses" and the good ol "what ifs". Such which one is it today? Playcalling right? Its always something

Trust me, on 49erswebszone.com...being called dumb is a compliment.

Thanks. and you are SMART

[ Edited by danimal on Nov 1, 2009 at 18:09:29 ]
I think he did very well.

he has now played 6 quarters. 4 of them against the NFL's top rated pass d. 404 yds, 4 TD's, 63% completion rating.

his QB rating is somewhere around 107.0 i beleive in those 6 quarters. both of his INT's werent really mistakes. Crabtree should have caught that pass today, and last week's was kind of a last chance desperation throw.
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by danimal:
proved yet again that he is perfectly capable of being an important part of this offense, and it ends there. If the win or loss comes down to Alex Smith, 9 times out of 10 you are going to get the loss.

Dumbest post of the day.

agreed

Sure All I have is actual results, stats and national agreement....and you guys have the almight homeric "glimpses" and the good ol "what ifs". Such which one is it today? Playcalling right? Its always something

Trust me, on 49erswebszone.com...being called is a compliment.

Thanks. and you are SMART

Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by danimal:
proved yet again that he is perfectly capable of being an important part of this offense, and it ends there. If the win or loss comes down to Alex Smith, 9 times out of 10 you are going to get the loss.

Dumbest post of the day.

agreed

Sure All I have is actual results, stats and national agreement....and you guys have the almight homeric "glimpses"

Trust me, on 49erswebszone.com...being called is a compliment.

Thanks. and you are SMART

The fact is we shouldnt have had to come back in the game...

We started running conservative with a dwindling lead.

If we had kept passing with runs mixed in, we probably would have put up points (at least a couple field goals) and not put alex in a come from behind situation.
  • B650
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,205
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by danimal:
proved yet again that he is perfectly capable of being an important part of this offense, and it ends there. If the win or loss comes down to Alex Smith, 9 times out of 10 you are going to get the loss.

Dumbest post of the day.

agreed

Sure All I have is actual results, stats and national agreement....and you guys have the almight homeric "glimpses"

Trust me, on 49erswebszone.com...being called is a compliment.

Thanks. and you are SMART

The fact is we shouldnt have had to come back in the game...

We started running conservative with a dwindling lead.

If we had kept passing with runs mixed in, we probably would have put up points (at least a couple field goals) and not put alex in a come from behind situation.

No, you're the genius. It's clearly Alex's fault we lost, especially since he wasn't on the field for the final 5 minutes of the game.
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by danimal:
proved yet again that he is perfectly capable of being an important part of this offense, and it ends there. If the win or loss comes down to Alex Smith, 9 times out of 10 you are going to get the loss.

Dumbest post of the day.

agreed

Sure All I have is actual results, stats and national agreement....and you guys have the almight homeric "glimpses"

Trust me, on 49erswebszone.com...being called is a compliment.

Thanks. and you are SMART

The fact is we shouldnt have had to come back in the game...

We started running conservative with a dwindling lead.

If we had kept passing with runs mixed in, we probably would have put up points (at least a couple field goals) and not put alex in a come from behind situation.

No, you're the genius. It's clearly Alex's fault we lost, especially since he wasn't on the field for the final 5 minutes of the game.

THAT IS THE POINT. Man, why do I have to repeat EVERYTHING on this forum? Just READ what I said already!!!!!

Quote:
he is perfectly capable of being an important part of this offense, and it ends there.

That means I don't blame the loss on Alex Smith....I blame the team. AGAIN. Once again Alex Smith has proven that you can not rely on him to SAVE you at the end.

Now you can all make your responses about all the dumb decisions the Niners made today which put Alex in a tough situation. And I will agree with ALL of them. The point is, there are QB's in this league right now who can carry a team to victory at the end.....Alex is not one of them.

How do I think Alex Smith played today? He played fine, and he is turning into a fine QB.
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
He deserves another start. Not a great performance but I saw some nice things. Scrambling to avoid the sack was nice. What I didn't like is that we never really challenged deep. I also like the chemistry he is building with Crabtree.

I don't think his status is game to game. I look for both Smith and Crabtree to have some big games down the stretch.
Alex was simply amazing. It was all rayes fault. Alex played well enough to loose. But it was a close loss to a decent team so this means Alex is improving.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone