LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

Official Jimmy Raye WTF thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
HE IS THE WORST. How does he continue to run plays that don't work and go away from the plays that do?! How does he not use Alex in shotgun and spread for that last drive? He should have just used him in the same way he was utilized in the 2-minute drill!! Aghh.. I f**kING HATE RAYE!
The guy sucks, no doubt about it.

Never thought I would long for the halcyon days of Jim Hostler.

Problem is, firing him and bringing in yet another OC would in and of itself be another set back in the development of AS and the other young talent on this team.

Die was cast when he was hired. No easy way out now.

In the meantime, here are some suggestions for Raye:

Run, pass, run.

Run, pass, pass.

Pass, run, pass.

Pass, pass, pass.

Just a thought...
Jimmy Raye is the prom date you settle on after your first ten choices turn you down. We should have expected this. Raye has been a mediocre coach his whole sorry career. Singletary screwed up bigtime when he fired Martz.
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Jimmy Raye is the prom date you settle on after your first ten choices turn you down. We should have expected this. Raye has been a mediocre coach his whole sorry career. Singletary screwed up bigtime when he fired Martz.

Agreed. I was REALLY worried that this shiet would happen when Martz got fired. I like what Sing has done but if the only way we can get rid of raye is to wack both of them....by all means....wack both of them. I can't take anymore handing off on 1st and 20.
jimmy raye seriously worse than hostler. hostler had a far worse team than the star players we have today
Originally posted by sacleads:
I can't take anymore handing off on 1st and 20.

Affectionately known as 'the give up play.'

Nothing says 'winner' like giving up.
Originally posted by Xestenz:
Originally posted by sacleads:
I can't take anymore handing off on 1st and 20.

Affectionately known as 'the give up play.'

Nothing says 'winner' like giving up.

when you play not to lose you get a lot of close moral victories. I would rather go for the kill and get blown out rather than keep it close and lose only to trick myself into how fgood I played.
  • dj43
The design of Raye's running plays is so overly simplistic even a HS coach could stop them. He has only one theme and that is "up the gut." Until that changes, the offense will continue to struggle.
49ers attempted two passes for every run today

matt m
Originally posted by ads_2006:

matt m

yes but when we did run, how did those runs vary from one another? Colts wanted to win more than we did which was why they took a risk to get that win. They went with a play they havnt worked on in years while we use the same run-play over and over.

Originally posted by Joecool:

matt m

yes but when we did run, how did those runs vary from one another? Colts wanted to win more than we did which was why they took a risk to get that win. They went with a play they havnt worked on in years while we use the same run-play over and over.

Broke a 64 yarder though

I know what you mean, we need variation.

Offense is too vanilla and the f**ked up part is we have seen that our offense can be a different flavor
anybody else notice how much more effective our running game was last year on a yards per attempt basis with essentially the exact same offensive line???

I personally feel that Sing should have tried to continue to find a solid middle ground with Martz instead of firing him outright.

matt m

It's not the amount of times they pass, it's the formation that they run it out off - double TE BS.

-9fA
Originally posted by abowers1984:
anybody else notice how much more effective our running game was last year on a yards per attempt basis with essentially the exact same offensive line???

I personally feel that Sing should have tried to continue to find a solid middle ground with Martz instead of firing him outright.

This is frank Gore's worst year by far since he's been here.If Sing wants to run with this current o-line then they will have to open up the offense(spread) first.If they ever decide to do that Frank will be able to run all day.
I also think our problems are due to the predictability of formations.

If Norris is in, 90% of the time it's a run. Raye's playbook just seems to have the same generic running plays. There is no variation at all, we don't ever seem to want to take it outside. Everything is between the tackles...

-9fA
Share 49ersWebzone