LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 372 users in the forums

Official Jimmy Raye WTF thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Mex49
Originally posted by niners94:
Stop with all the short passing plays. Smith can throw it down field, he's not Hill. Take a shot once in a while. Also, how about a trick play like a reverse. Put the opponent on their heels for once.

A reverse you say?????????????????????

Swallow the tongue son, for you know nadda about this game
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
he called a good game yesterday

I hope you're kidding because Raye turtled up after the Smith INT.

Second that.
  • Mex49
Who thought this monkey would be good for 2 years?

I have seen Gorrillas throw s**t better than his O
Originally posted by Mex49:
Originally posted by niners94:
Stop with all the short passing plays. Smith can throw it down field, he's not Hill. Take a shot once in a while. Also, how about a trick play like a reverse. Put the opponent on their heels for once.

A reverse you say?????????????????????

Swallow the tongue son, for you know nadda about this game

I'd rather keep the opponent on their toes instead of their heels. We took a shot tonight and it was picked. I liked the play a lot and I'm not being sarcastic. If you're going to throw a pick it's better to put one deep. Alex just needed to look off the safety a little longer and throw it to the other shoulder. I liked how we were playing during the first couple possessions. The run works out of the spread and we accumulate first downs.

The score is 7-3 and we go totally conservative. I'm so baffled by this way of playing and thinking. We go from the spread to an offset eye or a power package unless it's 3rd and long. We have about a 15% chance of completing a first down with 3rd and 8 or more and we were frequently putting ourselves in that position.

I read all the burn Alex Smith threads but the bears game clearly illustrates a perfect scenario of setting a QB up to fail. We take the lead and then go conservative. You take the QB out of the game and put it into the hands of Gore in a package that doesn't even suit us. Then it's 7-6 and we're still playing conservative. Imagine if Jay Cutler had actually not thrown another pick and nailed us for a TD with 12 or so minutes left in the 4th. Now you're in a situation where you have everything blasted on Alex's shoulder's. We go to the spread and he has to get it done. Now he is out of sink and out of rhythm. Now when he throws a pick because he is still a young QB and trying to press because we HAVE to score.

Why not take the shots when you have the lead to extend it rather than losing the lead and taking shots because you have to? Football is a game of chess and Walsh was a master at it. I know we're not that team and we're trying to find our identity. I don't know if it is Raye that dictates this philosophy or Singletary but we're in for a very long season if we keep this style going.

We have all the tools in the shed to build a manage and we're living in a hut.

I'm not bashing. I love the win and I'm happy for our team. I think Sing is learning and the 49ers are evolving and I hope they see that in football darwinism their style of play is not working. As Mooch put it we should have put up a '50 burger' in this game.

"We go out and we hit people in the mouth!" That is the philosophy, right? How about I add a little.

"We go out and we hit people in the mouth then slit their f#%king throat!"

Give him a shot of adrenaline. Do something. This guy's a f**king idiot. I've never seen such a bipolar offense in my life.

DO SOMETHING NOW OR YOU'RE F**KING FIRED.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Give him a shot of adrenaline. Do something. This guy's a f**king idiot. I've never seen such a bipolar offense in my life.

DO SOMETHING NOW OR YOU'RE F**KING FIRED.

I say we all pitch in about $20,000 each and buy the team, just like the Packers fans' own the Packers.

We'll run the team and we can fire coaches like Raye instead of waiting 3 years and wasting our whole lives away.
Tight formation in the first half -- does nothing.
Spread in the second half -- 3 touchdowns.
Why didn't we start it the other way around...

Jimmy Raye. What the eff.
Originally posted by FGore2121:

i knew that gif was gonna come up.
  • nooj
  • Veteran
The more I think about the last drive, the more frustrated I get with Jimmy Raye's playcalling. This isn't the first time a crappy last drive cost us the game.

WTF Jimmy

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by FGore2121:

i knew that gif was gonna come up.

Share 49ersWebzone