LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 402 users in the forums

Official Jimmy Raye WTF thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This is long overdue. In this thread we can list all of Jimmy Rayes wtf was that playcalls..

Nov. 1st vs Colts

1. Draw on 2nd and 20
2. FB run on 2nd and long.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Can we add the release of Rossum wtf in this also?

Raye and releasing Rossum is really screwing us up.
I just can't get over the handoff to Moran. I can't comprehend the amount of stupidity that goes into calling such a play.
Going to the I form to start second half was awesome too.
We take absolutely NO shots down the field. None at all.

The one that works for us - multiple WR set and up tempo offense - Raye only uses it when the we're done by 21 points or have to run a 2 minute drill.

Draw play on 2nd & 20. Truly WTF.

-9fA
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I just can't get over the handoff to Moran. I can't comprehend the amount of stupidity that goes into calling such a play.

Its like he gave up on that down. Second down is just as big as third down RAYE!!!
  • dald1
  • Veteran
i really hope norv gets fired then we hire him as our OC...raye's playcalling is just pitiful
One of our drives today we called the same 3 plays on first thru third down twice in a row... it looked like Raye did the old Madden flip play and ran the same 3 plays again... unheard of at this level.

First down - Gore up the middle
Second down - screen pass to gore
third down - Norris up the middle

First down - Gore up the middle (play flipped)
Second down - screen pass to gore (play flipped)
Originally posted by thojess:
One of our drives today we called the same 3 plays on first thru third down twice in a row... it looked like Raye did the old Madden flip play and ran the same 3 plays again... unheard of at this level.

First down - Gore up the middle
Second down - screen pass to gore

First down - Gore up the middle (play flipped)
Second down - screen pass to gore (play flipped)

It should be simple: GO WITH WHAT'S WORKING!!!

We're choosing not to do that for what ever reason.

This game planning and play-calling is making me so frustrated, I can close my eyes and know what their gonna call on everydown! Raye has to go! Singeltary is blind and ignorant to stay with this guy and continue to do the same dam thing!
Stop with all the short passing plays. Smith can throw it down field, he's not Hill. Take a shot once in a while. Also, how about a trick play like a reverse. Put the opponent on their heels for once.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
No. But thank you for the original suggestion.
Originally posted by luv49rs:
No. But thank you for the original suggestion.
SHUT YOUR MOUTH
Share 49ersWebzone