There are 70 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

N. Clements might be out for season..fractured shoulder blade

Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Another reason to try and get Eric Berry in the draft...

Yes finally some sense on this board!

Eric Berry baby!
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by ION2814:
Crap.. he plays Fitz really really well. We need him.

Spencer generally covers Fitz

Remember when Arizona had TWO great Pro Bowl Receivers, instead of just one?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Knowing McCoulghan he will end up signing someone off another teams practice squad. The only way I see us going after a big name free agent is if Bly and Spencer are injured.
I think he was indeed injured on a punt return, because he ran off the field funny. Then, the announcers shortly mentioned that he was injured. I assume it was that return that did it.

Rossum was released because he was dodging players, rather than trying to run them over on his returns.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
another brilliant move having clements return punts. this coaching staff is completly retarded in every aspect of the game

A lot of teams use star players for punt returns: John Taylor, Dieon Sanders just to name a couple.
Originally posted by Ether:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by ION2814:
Crap.. he plays Fitz really really well. We need him.

Spencer generally covers Fitz

Remember when Arizona had TWO great Pro Bowl Receivers, instead of just one?

yup, glad boldin fell off the face of the earth. the clements injury definitely hurts our defense, love him or hate him he gets beat sometimes but he is a very solid corner. everyone gets beat. brown has to step up now and show why he got his extension.
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
another brilliant move having clements return punts. this coaching staff is completly retarded in every aspect of the game

A lot of teams use star players for punt returns: John Taylor, Dieon Sanders just to name a couple.

Sure they do, but Clements had no business being back there especially when they have(or had...Rossum) more expendable players who can do the job just as well.

Also

"His injury likely came when he was hit hard by Jerraud Powers and Philip Wheeler on a second-quarter punt return."
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20091101/sports/911019971
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Knowing McCoulghan he will end up signing someone off another teams practice squad. The only way I see us going after a big name free agent is if Bly and Spencer are injured.

we'll probably bring back that eric green guy.
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:

if Clements had the ability to break a return the distance any time he touched the ball like Deion did that would be a different story. However, he doesnt. It was stupid to risk injury to a guy who has limited return ability.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
The people who wanted him to be a returner should be b***h slapped.

I'll say it again.... We should have kept Rossum.... Terrible decision.
Well there were some posters who were hating on him. this will just show how much he means to us.

f**k US!!!
Brilliant move by Singletary! BRILLIANT! Let's put the highest paid player on the team out there to return punts. Moron!

Next week: expect Morgan to be back in the starting lineup to free up Crabtree to take over punt return duties!
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Again.....what was wrong with Rossum?

What was wrong with Sheets....is my question?

To answer yours...OLD, and the case of the drops!
I think losing Nate Clements is going to be big. I personally thought he had been playing well and now we are thin at corner and Tarrell Brown and Shawntae Spencer are two guys who have struggled staying healthy in the past. Plus Clements was our most physical corner and we will miss him when we play teams like Arizona.
This is gonna be huge loss to deal with.

Spencer did very well today. Clements was outstanding against the run. Hopefully Brown, Bly, and Spencer and rally the rest of the defensive backs.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home