Chilo is the new Kwame

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Chilo is the new Kwame

Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by crzy:
Kwame was a better run blocker

Seriously, let's bring him back just to get Gore going.

i knew you were getting there.

You just refuse to admit how bad Chilo is. Guy basically cost us two drives yesterday with the sack and the penalty.

Not to mention costing us DeSean Jackson. The 2008 Niner draft was just pure fail. Balmer, Chilo, Reggie Smith, Cody Wallace with the first 4 picks. Talk about an F grade.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

You just refuse to admit how bad Chilo is. Guy basically cost us two drives yesterday with the sack and the penalty.

Not to mention costing us DeSean Jackson. The 2008 Niner draft was just pure fail. Balmer, Chilo, Reggie Smith, Cody Wallace with the first 4 picks. Talk about an F grade.

I wanted DeSean on this team so badly. The only one of those 4 guys who even gets on the field is Balmer.

The thing I don't get is how Chilo regressed so much from last year. He was one of our best OL by the end of the season.
Why would anyone even take your poll. It yes or agree. This is just lame.

Since very little thought was put into this thread, maybe it ought to be locked.
[ Edited by nvninerfan1 on Oct 26, 2009 at 1:49 PM ]
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

I wanted DeSean on this team so badly. The only one of those 4 guys who even gets on the field is Balmer.

The thing I don't get is how Chilo regressed so much from last year. He was one of our best OL by the end of the season.

Just imagine DeSean Jackson and Crabs split wide and Morgan in the slot.

and you could say the same for kwame. we could've had Nnamdi Asomugha who went 5 picks later, Osi Umenyiora who also went in round 2, and Anquan Boldin (a better receiver) who went in round 2 as well
not even close.... Do u see Chilo gettin 5 false start penalties or 10 holding calls a game? he does miss some blocks though, i still have faith in chilo.

and you could say the same for kwame. we could've had Nnamdi Asomugha who went 5 picks later, Osi Umenyiora who also went in round 2, and Anquan Boldin (a better receiver) who went in round 2 as well

Idk about reggie smith, he kinda seems like a ballhawk...
It takes quite a special player to reach the level of Kwame. Chilo isn't quite there yet, though with a little bit less work ethic I'm sure he can one day.
Nothing like overreaction in the 'Zone.
You can't compare the two, position wise. Tackle and Guard have different assignment obviously. Maybe in making bone head plays. Chilo still has time on his side where Kwame did it for years.

Singletary addressed Chilo in his presser. Said Chilo really struggles on one certain stunt. Didn't say what kind or give details. Said we have to work on it in practice and show it to him more often. Still not giving up on Chilo.

IMO he would be benched for the rest of the year.

Funny...cuz I was just talking to my boy about this same thing. I think its still too early in his career to say that...but I sure hope not. I really believe its the coaching. We need to pick up another OL coach bc anyone from the Ravens cant be any good! I mean the guy was a starter at USC, so he has potential!!!
give the guy some time. he's basically a rookie. kwame wasnt as bad as you guys make him out to be, he actually got better towards the end of his stay here, his problem was he was too antsy, he shoulda been a DT. dont give up on chilo yet
  • Luca
  • Veteran
I think it is a matter of Chilo getting his head right.
  • dald1
  • Veteran

so gore's runs can be brought back every damn time? no thank u
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
You can't compare the two, position wise. Tackle and Guard have different assignment obviously. Maybe in making bone head plays. Chilo still has time on his side where Kwame did it for years.

Singletary addressed Chilo in his presser. Said Chilo really struggles on one certain stunt. Didn't say what kind or give details. Said we have to work on it in practice and show it to him more often. Still not giving up on Chilo.

IMO he would be benched for the rest of the year.

I'm glad I read the whole thread before posting because this is what I was going to say. It's threads like these that give the WZ it's reputation!

Also, don;t forget, Chilo could easily be a rookie this year. He wanted to go back to USC to play his Senior year but came out so he would have the money the family needed so his father could retire and for some sort of medical treatment his mother required. The pick was definitely one of potential. I don't think they envisioned him turning into a 28 year old Larry Allen overnight.
Share 49ersWebzone