There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

From horrible to great in 2 moves?

• dmatt
  • Veteran
Alex is a stud, always has been.

Raye and Rachal both need to be gone, quickly.
Originally posted by Ninerman49:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by Pogity:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
There's something wrong with our defense.

it wasnt roman, dude came out with a big play at the end to tip that pass. too bad we couldnt score to win it tho. i was getting the chills, i thought alex was gonna get us redemption for that vikings loss

Hudson made that tip. Roman still sucks.

nope, go watch it again, it was roman

23 is Hudson. The Niners were in their dime package.

You guys must be talking about different plays. It was Roman that tipped the pass that forced punt before the last drive.

thats the play i was talking about at the end of the game

ur right... i was confused too... i miss alex smiths pick... was it a poorly thrown ball or did he force because he had no other options?

we had a 4th and 10 and he had to try to force something. it was a typical end of the game desperation move kinda throw.
Originally posted by dmatt:

rachal is collapsing into his own hole of suckage.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Top 10? Keep in mind the Texans D isn't that great, they had no film on Alex, and they thought they had the game won. Now I hope Alex lights it up next week, but keep it in perspective.

Sorry i worded the whole thing wrong.... i meant to say that this is a future top 10 offense because the tons of upside we have at all the positions
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:

Like what. A 3 and out stop that was wasted by a muffed punt inside the 10. Or the obvious block in the back on Willis that resulted in the other TD. That's 14 points that was given too them on a silver platter.

Yep, they barely got to rest in that first half!
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by dmatt:

rachal is collapsing into his own hole of suckage.

No. It was Hill's inability to throw the deep ball that was severing Raye's playbook.

I think that was very evident today. See what happens when you put in a QB with an arm? The whole playbook opens up, the line plays better since the opposing LB aren't run blitzing and we get the ball to our strength - the WRs.

-9fA
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A

it wasnt roman, dude came out with a big play at the end to tip that pass. too bad we couldnt score to win it tho. i was getting the chills, i thought alex was gonna get us redemption for that vikings loss

One tip pass doesn't erase play after play of ineptitude
Alex Smith wasn't sacked.
Originally posted by 9ermj:

and if my aunt had nuts she'd be my uncle. we're not saying he hasnt been bad for the last few years. just that he didnt do anything wrong in this game
Wow kneejerk reactions are all over the place in here, as per the norm. Look I'll admit that Smith played well. But to hear someone on here say that the Colts without Manning are "basically the 49ers" is just absurd.

Let's not forget that even if the game was good it wasn't like it was against a vaunted defense. I'm all for whoever can give us wins so if Smith's that guy, let's do it. I'm just afraid that this season is down the tubes today.

We lose to the Colts. We have a back and forth QB situation the rest of the year. I just saw the wheels come off today.

I guess there's always 2010...

I'm so weary of waiting

They only gave up 3 points in the 2nd half, and got raped in the 1st half because of a muffed punt and multiple 3 and outs by the offense.
Originally posted by Mospeed:

Yeah on obvious passing downs. Strange. Raye was not the problem. Now that his playbook has been expanded I think we will see his true form. Guy can call a game when given the proper tools.
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Originally posted by Mospeed:

Yeah on obvious passing downs. Strange. Raye was not the problem. Now that his playbook has been expanded I think we will see his true form. Guy can call a game when given the proper tools.

smiths pocket presence was very good. he saw and avoided the rush very well. and rayes version of the spread offense seems to work, more passing, towards the end, even those few run play that we threw in were pretty effective since we stretched the defense

it all comes from the crap offense that we had. look at it this way
21-0 1st half
21-3 2nd half in our favor
this season the D has been on the field way to much, and has had their backs against the wall in terms of field position because the offense under Hill was just run/run/bad throw/punt give the team the ball around the 35-45.
one of today's TD's was on Battle for fumbling can't really blam the D on that one
we did not give up alot from Johnson and most of Slaton's damage was done through the air
watch this D once it actually gets some rest and the field position battle isn't so lopsided you will see a D that looks like what we saw in the 2nd half not the 1st half.
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 9ermj:

and if my aunt had nuts she'd be my uncle. we're not saying he hasnt been bad for the last few years. just that he didnt do anything wrong in this game

Really? take a second look Tight end running free all over the field , it might not be wrong it's just not very good