There are 154 users in the forums

From horrible to great in 2 moves?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I dont know about you guys, but I think this offense can be top 10 in the league..

our receiver core is excellent now with the Crabtree, Morgan, and Davis trio.(assuming bruce is gone after this year)

If alex can spread the ball like he did today then there will no longer be 8 in the box against gore which will make him run wild against defenses.

all this took 2 changes: QB alex smith and signing of Crabtree..
There's something wrong with our defense.
I loved what i saw today, lets just hope its not a glimpse.
Originally posted by billbird2111:

it wasnt roman, dude came out with a big play at the end to tip that pass. too bad we couldnt score to win it tho. i was getting the chills, i thought alex was gonna get us redemption for that vikings loss

yeah, they're on the field as a result of the offense...

Like what. A 3 and out stop that was wasted by a muffed punt inside the 10. Or the obvious block in the back on Willis that resulted in the other TD. That's 14 points that was given too them on a silver platter.
[ Edited by 49wyztoscore on Oct 25, 2009 at 2:45 PM ]

They got exhausted from all the 3 and outs in the last few games. In the 2nd half they were pretty good after a little rest, and held the texans to 3 points. They can force punts sometimes vs explosive offenses, but they're not as good as the steelers now or the ravens from 8 years ago or whatever. They played their asses off the first 3 games and now the 3 and outs are taking a toll on them.

I agree.... The past couple weeks it seems like our secondary has been very slow...
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerman49:
I dont know about you guys, but I think this offense can be top 10 in the league..

our receiver core is excellent now with the Crabtree, Morgan, and Davis trio.(assuming bruce is gone after this year)

If alex can spread the ball like he did today then there will no longer be 8 in the box against gore which will make him run wild against defenses.

all this took 2 changes: QB alex smith and signing of Crabtree..

Sometimes that's all it takes. Overall, most teams are even, save for about 2 or 3 superstarts at key positions. The Colts without Manning are basically the 49ers.
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:

Like what. A 3 n out stop that was wasted by a muffed punt inside the 10. Or the obvious block in the back on will that resulted in the other TD. That's 14 points gave to them on a silver platter.

This

...and not to mention a QB that amassed 46 total passing yards in one half of football. That same defense that has "something wrong" gave up 3 points in the second half once the offense gave them a chance.

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

it wasnt roman, dude came out with a big play at the end to tip that pass. too bad we couldnt score to win it tho. i was getting the chills, i thought alex was gonna get us redemption for that vikings loss

Hudson made that tip. Roman still sucks.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:

Like what. A 3 n out stop that was wasted by a muffed punt inside the 10. Or the obvious block in the back on will that resulted in the other TD. That's 14 points gave to them on a silver platter.

This

...and not to mention a QB that amassed 46 total passing yards in one half of football. That same defense that has "something wrong" gave up 3 points in the second half once the offense gave them a chance.

ur right... I think alex had more yards his first drive than hill had the whole half
Originally posted by Hopper:

nope, go watch it again, it was roman
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:

nope, go watch it again, it was roman

23 is Hudson. The Niners were in their dime package.

i think so too. it's not solid like it was the first 4 games(the second half they came close though)
Share 49ersWebzone