LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

From horrible to great in 2 moves?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by dmatt:
Alex is a stud, always has been.

Raye and Rachal both need to be gone, quickly.

Okay I just pointed this out on the recent ESPN article (comment section same SN as here) but I'll point it out again for the 3rd time(I think) here.

Raye should not go anywhere. You can't do much with a weak armed duck throwing QB. Raye didn't pick Hill, Sing did. Hell, as as been stated time and again by Sing; Hill was named the Starter for basically what he did LAST season. Raye only had team film on him to go off in that assessment.

Notice that when Smith got in the Offense was working fairly well. Receivers that couldn't catch a cold could now catch Flies ala Karate Kid. And 3 TD catches by my man Duke?

Seriously why fire the one guy that made that happen?

People should temper their expectations a bit and lets see how this plays out. For both Raye AND Smith.

46 YARDS Says I'm right.

~Ceadder

Raye is good to go. Anyone that thinks he is the problem is flat out wrong. With Hill the playbook is shortened due to his arm. He was pulled and Smith was givin a chance and he made the most of it. If this is how he plays consistently then we have something special brewing.
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Originally posted by dmatt:
Alex is a stud, always has been.

Raye and Rachal both need to be gone, quickly.

Okay I just pointed this out on the recent ESPN article (comment section same SN as here) but I'll point it out again for the 3rd time(I think) here.

Raye should not go anywhere. You can't do much with a weak armed duck throwing QB. Raye didn't pick Hill, Sing did. Hell, as as been stated time and again by Sing; Hill was named the Starter for basically what he did LAST season. Raye only had team film on him to go off in that assessment.

Notice that when Smith got in the Offense was working fairly well. Receivers that couldn't catch a cold could now catch Flies ala Karate Kid. And 3 TD catches by my man Duke?

Seriously why fire the one guy that made that happen?

People should temper their expectations a bit and lets see how this plays out. For both Raye AND Smith.

46 YARDS Says I'm right.

~Ceadder

Raye is good to go. Anyone that thinks he is the problem is flat out wrong. With Hill the playbook is shortened due to his arm. He was pulled and Smith was givin a chance and he made the most of it. If this is how he plays consistently then we have something special brewing.

For the most part, the playcalling looked pretty good in the second half. Smith now obviously expands what can be done.
I missed the game.. anyone know where I can download it or view the replay online?
I have been down on Raye most of the season but I really can appreciate the fact that he played to Smith's strengths, not that he had much choice but the play calling was more creative, running the spread really showed we are more productive because our playmakers and the new addition in Crabtree.

Even if we go back to playing tighter formations I think we can be more successful than Hill as Smith has improved his release and has a much stronger arm. I look forward for more Crabtree!! The kid is fun to watch.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billbird2111:
There's something wrong with our defense.

They need run support. At the beginning of the season they had the energy to carry the team but they need to know our O can score to play effectively. It's hard to play D when your O three and outs for an entire half.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
So if it only took 2 moves to make this offense significantly better you have to question what the coaches are asking the players to do and who's making decisions about scheme and personnel.

The decisions about scheme and personnel really scare me on this team. They still do BTW. For one ALEX should be the undisputed starter.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 25, 2009 at 5:05 PM ]

our defense is fine, Battle put them in a bad position, and then a blatant holding call on Willis wasn't called when Slaton scored on his 2nd TD.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
So if it only took 2 moves to make this offense significantly better you have to question what the coaches are asking the players to do and who's making decisions about scheme and personnel.

The decisions about scheme and personnel really scare me on this team. They still do BTW. For one ALEX should be the undisputed starter.

And how about the move to cut Rossum. That came back to bite us in the @$$ today. Not saying that he would have caught it but he probably would have let it go. 9er ball around the 10. Instead Texans score 7 resulting from the turnover.

That one spot right there would have kept us in the game had it not happened.

Don't get me wrong I still like Battle, but he's not nearly as solid as Rossum.

~Ceadder

And how about the move to cut Rossum. That came back to bite us in the @$$ today. Not saying that he would have caught it but he probably would have let it go. 9er ball around the 10. Instead Texans score 7 resulting from the turnover.

~Ceadder

I said at the time cutting Rossum was a terrible move. And I was right. He played real well for us last season. He still has speed. He fields kicks flawlesly not like we saw today. And even this year when given limited opportunities I thought he did pretty well.

I don't get some of Singletary's moves. I really don't...
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:

Like what. A 3 and out stop that was wasted by a muffed punt inside the 10. Or the obvious block in the back on Willis that resulted in the other TD. That's 14 points that was given too them on a silver platter.

Yes I was screaming at my TV on that block in the back. Our defense was exhausted after the first half. I really hope we continue to play more of that type of offense.

~Ceadder

We'll just have to have one go our way later this year that gets us a W (in a game we would have lost otherwise). Or maybe Battle even WINS us a game on a special teams play later this year to make up for it? It could happen?
Originally posted by Gavintech:

~Ceadder

We'll just have to have one go our way later this year that gets us a W (in a game we would have lost otherwise). Or maybe Battle even WINS us a game on a special teams play later this year to make up for it? It could happen?

But to cut a SOLID player to keep a NOBODY like Spurlock on the team? Spurlock?!?

That's just stupid.

I hope you're right about Battle. Because he doesn't deserve to be the goat for a stupid personnel blunder to get a spot open for Crabtree.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Gavintech:

~Ceadder

But to cut a SOLID player to keep a NOBODY like Spurlock on the team? Spurlock?!?

That's just stupid.

I hope you're right about Battle. Because he doesn't deserve to be the goat for a stupid personnel blunder to get a spot open for Crabtree.

~Ceadder

I don't get it either. The dumbest move of the Singletary era.

Originally posted by WillistheWall:

They got exhausted from all the 3 and outs in the last few games. In the 2nd half they were pretty good after a little rest, and held the texans to 3 points. They can force punts sometimes vs explosive offenses, but they're not as good as the steelers now or the ravens from 8 years ago or whatever. They played their asses off the first 3 games and now the 3 and outs are taking a toll on them.

They shouldn't have been so tired in just the first half that they gave up 21 points and they were also on the field because of their own inability to stop the Texas drives in the first half ------ nice second half though.
Originally posted by calinig4life:

i think so too. it's not solid like it was the first 4 games(the second half they came close though)

Was Ray MacDonald activated today? I don't remember seeing him on the field. He's important, cause J. Smith cannot do it alone, and RayMac can bring the pressure almost as well.
Share 49ersWebzone