LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

Cut Battle!!!!!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mod
  • Veteran
Why we cut Rossum is still beyond me... I hope Scotty's logic isnt the same as most of the people on the zone. Stupid stupid stupid decision. Should have cut that scrub spurlock.
Originally posted by RJCS80:
Why was he calling a fair catch inside the 15 anyway? He needs to be pulled if not cut.

Exactly. If you can't see it you let it go. I will never understand why we cut Rossum.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
He shouldn't have even touched it, if you are having trouble seeing it just let it go..that pretty much cost us the game.

I can't believe we cut Rossum with no plan B...pathetic. Singletary wants winners..wtf does he see in Battle or Spurlock??
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Why we cut Rossum is still beyond me... I hope Scotty's logic isnt the same as most of the people on the zone. Stupid stupid stupid decision. Should have cut that scrub spurlock.

GM didn't cut the players, the coaches are the ones who cuts the players. The GM's job is to bring talent to the team.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
I hate to interject some reality here but...

If we cut SPURLOCK intead of Rossum, that NEVER would have happened.

You can't blame Battle who doesn't normally pull return duty for muffing a Punt that's coming at him from the Sun. You can be mad yes. I know I am.

But this is PURELY on Scott for cutting a known to keep an UNKNOWN player on the roster. Spurlock if he is eligible could have been cut to make way for Crabtree and then would have made the PS(once again, IF eligible) and therefore the play would never have occurred and we would have been within reach for Alex's 3 TDs' to be the difference in a Win or Loss situation.

So would you guys hating on Battle please kindly go see your local cranialrectologist and have your heads removed. Thank you.

~Ceadder

Where did you get the information that Scott cut Rossum over Spurlock? Coaches are usually the ones that cut players.

You can't blame Battle who doesn't normally pull return duty for muffing a Punt that's coming at him from the Sun. You can be mad yes. I know I am.

But this is PURELY on Scott for cutting a known to keep an UNKNOWN player on the roster. Spurlock if he is eligible could have been cut to make way for Crabtree and then would have made the PS(once again, IF eligible) and therefore the play would never have occurred and we would have been within reach for Alex's 3 TDs' to be the difference in a Win or Loss situation.

So would you guys hating on Battle please kindly go see your local cranialrectologist and have your heads removed. Thank you.

~Ceadder

In your previous post you rip noobs to shreads for not being knowledgable and then you post that its all on Scott? Since when in the NFL do the GMs make the cuts. He may have discussed it with Sing but I promise you that the Head Coach makes the call.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

~Ceadder

In your previous post you rip noobs to shreads for not being knowledgable and then you post that its all on Scott? Since when in the NFL do the GMs make the cuts. He may have discussed it with Sing but I promise you that the Head Coach makes the call.

exactly, it's the strategy called "since you hate someone, frame him"
[ Edited by kronik on Oct 26, 2009 at 10:57 AM ]
Originally posted by Ang:
Letting you have the thread, but if you are going to ignore the fact that the sun was in his face it's a lost cause.

That's just an excuse, he should have known and been ready for that from the beginning. You didn't see anyone else fumble a punt because of it did you? Cutting Rossum was a terrible idea especially when we are going to use Battle/Robinson to return punts/kickoffs.
Originally posted by DeltaBoy:
Originally posted by vamphunter23:
He drops another punt.......Cutting Rossum for this chump....Way to go!

Giving Games Away Still!!!!!!!!!!!

I second that!

Let's just get it all over with and cut the entire team.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Originally posted by Ang:
Letting you have the thread, but if you are going to ignore the fact that the sun was in his face it's a lost cause.

That's just an excuse, he should have known and been ready for that from the beginning. You didn't see anyone else fumble a punt because of it did you? Cutting Rossum was a terrible idea especially when we are going to use Battle/Robinson to return punts/kickoffs.

LOL I listened to the game on the radio Gary Plummer was all like dude sun was in his face and the other announcer guy was I Don’t Care! Houston’s punt returner caught a punt looking at the same sun. Gary’s like well.. other dude says Doesn’t Matter! He should have caught it. He was really pissed lol.

Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by RJCS80:
Why was he calling a fair catch inside the 15 anyway? He needs to be pulled if not cut.

Exactly. If you can't see it you let it go. I will never understand why we cut Rossum.

okay really?

I am just as upset over that muff, as well as the bobbles he had against Atlanta, and he isnt really contributing much elsewhere...

however are you kidding me? did you watch the play, not only was he surrounded by opposing players by the time the ball got to his body, but there was a Texan player behind him, that is a 100% fair catch play....he isnt going to return that, and fair catching it keeps the ball on the where he catches opposed to within the 5 yard line...

yes, we would have kept possession, but he isnt effing nostradamus, he made the right situational decision...
Yea i don't get it, if you were to be put in his position and you knew the basics of football, you would let it drop if the sun was in your eyes.
I mean, come on Battle, you have been here for long enough and you have to know by now otherwise your gone dude.
First i didn't think that was the reason why we lost, but now i look back on it and we could have scored on that possession had we gotten the ball. Just a pathetic play and if it happens again, get him outta there.

He's definitely making the "C'mon Man!" with Boomer and the crew
BATTLE = BAD LUCK

Cut this overrated idiot.

I hate this cat more than Dexter Carter....yes, Dexter Carter!
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
BATTLE = BAD LUCK

Cut this overrated idiot.

I hate this cat more than Dexter Carter....yes, Dexter Carter!

No need, his contract expires at the end of the season.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
BATTLE COST US THE DAMN GAME!!

WE ARE NOT A CHARITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WANT WINNERS.....I want people who want to WIN!!!
Share 49ersWebzone