LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 238 users in the forums

Cut Battle!!!!!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It's a tough position for Battle. After they cut Rossum they didn't have anyone experience to go to other than Battle. He was ask to help out the team in PR after...what 2 years absent? I think Battle will be OK if not spectacular.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
It's a tough position for Battle. After they cut Rossum they didn't have anyone experience to go to other than Battle. He was ask to help out the team in PR after...what 2 years absent? I think Battle will be OK if not spectacular.

I think Battle will be OK too. They'll get it together in practice over the next couple of weeks if that is going to be his job going forward. He's a great professional football player. Not a superstar WR, but he is a good TOUGH athlete with good instincts and pretty good hands. If he's the full time PR and spends all his time practicing that I think he'll end up the season with a middle of the NFL return average and will break 2-5 long ones over the next 10 games (1 for a TD).

Spectacular? I highly doubt it.

P.S. It's really nice to have someone like Battle around if one or two of our WR's go down for a couple of games. If that happens it will be fantastic that he's still here converting 3rd downs and blocking for our playmakers down the field.
A punt returner should have sure hands, good judgement and hopefully both speed and moves, if not one, then the other. Battle showed poor judgeent in trying to catch a ball he couldn't see, and, he's muffed a couple of other kicks if I'm not mistaken. Plus, he's neither fast nor particularly shifty. So, what's he doing back there? We are overloaded with receivers, so why, in all his wisdom, does Sing cut our best prospect as a returner (like him or not), for a dispensible receiver? For that matter, activate Spurlock, or whomever; just not Battle. Yes, he's a warrior and made some critical 3rd down plays these past years, btu it's time to move on. Want to keep him? Fine, don't cut him and let him be the inactive a few games and give one of our other guys some game time.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
A punt returner should have sure hands, good judgement and hopefully both speed and moves, if not one, then the other. Battle showed poor judgeent in trying to catch a ball he couldn't see, and, he's muffed a couple of other kicks if I'm not mistaken. Plus, he's neither fast nor particularly shifty. So, what's he doing back there? We are overloaded with receivers, so why, in all his wisdom, does Sing cut our best prospect as a returner (like him or not), for a dispensible receiver? For that matter, activate Spurlock, or whomever; just not Battle. Yes, he's a warrior and made some critical 3rd down plays these past years, btu it's time to move on. Want to keep him? Fine, don't cut him and let him be the inactive a few games and give one of our other guys some game time.

Battle, Spurlock and cut Rossum...

He's a solid possession WR and fits what we've been doing. However, if we're going to spread teams out, I think Hill and even Spurlock fit the scheme better.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by Ang:
Letting you have the thread, but if you are going to ignore the fact that the sun was in his face it's a lost cause.

then shouldn't he let it go instead of trying to catch a punt he can barely see

Exactly. Turned out to cost us the game. Cut him.
um where the heck is spurlock
Next year we'll have Crabby Patty, The Morgue, BJ!, and Hill Yeah! catchin passes for us
Originally posted by B_Carmine:
Next year we'll have Crabby Patty, The Morgue, BJ!, and Hill Yeah! catchin passes for us

I'm pretty sure Bruce is retiring.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by B_Carmine:

I'm pretty sure Bruce is retiring.

lol i have no idea why i came up with THAT. makes no sense

Originally posted by Ang:
Letting you have the thread, but if you are going to ignore the fact that the sun was in his face it's a lost cause.

yea...big orb of fire in the sky.....

he has seen that thing before....

Our pop Warner coach went over fielding the ball With the sun in your face......

What did battle expect to happen? was he going to catch an arrow blind folded next?
I just dont see Battle being someone that will add much to this team now and in the future. Maybe he lasts the rest of this year but there is no way he should be part of the WR rotation next year.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
BATTLE COST US THE DAMN GAME!!

WE ARE NOT A CHARITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by SanFranAddic:

WE ARE NOT A CHARITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by SanFranAddic:

Battle only contributed to the loss, The Defense failing to contain the tight end was the reason we lost.
Share 49ersWebzone