LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Cut Battle!!!!!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I haven't read this whole thread, but I'd rather inactivate Battle and play Jones as our #4. We may need Battle down the road if people get injured.

Either way, it's clearly apparent that he needs to be removed from the punt return duties.
Bottom line is Battle is not a part of the future while Hill and Jones could be.
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by Ang:
Letting you have the thread, but if you are going to ignore the fact that the sun was in his face it's a lost cause.

And the sun was in his face against the Falcons when he dropped yet another punt. But it's not Battle's fault. The sun just usually happens to be out a lot. Maybe he should go to Seattle.

Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
Bottom line is Battle is not a part of the future while Hill and Jones could be.

next year

crabtree morgan jones hill battle
Clements should be returning punts....because he's the only one I trust to catch the ball.
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
he's usually sure handed...did u see the sun in his face?

btw in before the Fidel Castro Lock

f**k him he could have left the ball alone not try to catch it !
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

next year

I think Zeigler will be elevated next year
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
BATTLE COST US THE DAMN GAME!!

WE ARE NOT A CHARITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If the only thing Battle does in a game is returning punts, he's gotta me sure he catches the ball. No exceptions. He's not being asked to do anymore. With so many WRs on the team, and 3 of them being inactive in this game, he better make sure everything counts.
i don't see the point in cutting him. isn't his contract up at the end of the year? let him and bruce walk and let the young guys step up.

major mistake having him returning punts, though.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I haven't read this whole thread, but I'd rather inactivate Battle and play Jones as our #4. We may need Battle down the road if people get injured.

Either way, it's clearly apparent that he needs to be removed from the punt return duties.

I agree with this. I would like to see Jones in the game.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Hate to bring up the "If that never happened" crap. But if Battle didn't drop that punt, we probably would've won. Really frustrates me that we have crap as PR and KR. When Reggie Smith gets back, I would really love to see him return punts. Having as poor punt returner, REALLY hurts our team and momentum during games. Our defense works so hard to come off the field only to be brought back on by some dumbass that dropped the ball. Hurts game momentum, field position, our defense and chance of winning. Singletary needs to fix this ASAP and stop fugging around!!!
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

next year

I think Zeigler will be elevated next year
Originally posted by vamphunter23:
He drops another punt.......Cutting Rossum for this chump....Way to go!

Giving Games Away Still!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't get why you would cut Rossum and keep this guy. With Crabtree and Morgan his role will be even more diminished. Plus VD is going off so Battle will be even more diminished. His role on Offense going forward is next to zero. He's average on special teams. He doesn't have great speed. He drops the ball.

Why would you keep him and get rid of a reliable special teams guy? Singletary's worst move.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 25, 2009 at 11:34 PM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Hate to bring up the "If that never happened" crap. But if Battle didn't drop that punt, we probably would've won. Really frustrates me that we have crap as PR and KR. When Reggie Smith gets back, I would really love to see him return punts. Having as poor punt returner, REALLY hurts our team and momentum during games. Our defense works so hard to come off the field only to be brought back on by some dumbass that dropped the ball. Hurts game momentum, field position, our defense and chance of winning. Singletary needs to fix this ASAP and stop fugging around!!!

He's the guy that cut our reliable and steady return man. I don't know you explain it to me?

Share 49ersWebzone