LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 334 users in the forums

49ers a candidate to move to the Los Angeles area

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by philmo:
Doubt they move LA fans are the worst, they only support winning teams. They are lucky they have the Dodgers and Lakers. SF has always had sell outs so I seriously doubt they would move.

That isn't true at all. The Dodgers didn't make the playoffs for almost 20 years, and still had some of the best attendance figures in baseball. There are about 10 million people in this area. I'm pretty sure we could support a football team.

I would hate for the Niners to move, but let's not go acting like LA couldn't get people in the seats.

oh man, it would be OPEN SEASON on the best seats!!!!
How can anyone like any SoCal teams? It is beyond me. Can't stand any of them.
WHy are we even talking about this it has absolutely no chance of happening
Originally posted by RichmondPete:

so cal fans have nothing better to do since the bums lost, and now the angels are going to killed tonight.
I say it will be Rams or Raiders.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

so cal fans have nothing better to do since the bums lost, and now the angels are going to killed tonight.

LOL. The bitterness from the Norcals always cracks me up. You have all this hatred for us, and you guys aren't even on our radar. I'm not a Dodger fan or an Angel fan, but leave it to you guys to talk crap about two teams that made it two the LCS, while neither of your squads even made the playoffs.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Spoonerism:
Originally posted by jimbagg:
Private money talks. If the Yorks want to fully finance a new stadium, as SF Giants ownership did, they would also have no problem fast-tracking state-level approval of environmental impact, etc.

The builders of this stadium claim to be targeting 7 teams, and name the Niners, Raiders and Chargers, among those 7. In fact, none of these 3 teams would generate the incremental impact on jobs and economic activity, which is claimed. Those teams are already in California.

To secure the stated incremental economic impact, a team from out-of-state must be recruited. Look to the small market teams that are struggling with black-outs and/or a change of ownership. Here are 3 prime, more likely candidates, whom I would bet are also on the List of Seven:

Jacksonville - market is just too small, probably most likely candidate.
Carolina - owner is dying, estate sale coming?
Buffalo - aging owner and small market, already playing some in Toronto.

Exactly my point. The more important question should be what do you name the LA team??

The L.A. Chokers.
f**k dude...ticket prices would be SO high and ridiculous...damnit man...

I rather them stay up in the bay just so I can still afford a damn game ticket...

I like the idea of bringing the Jags or Panthers, two teams I like quite a bit that I can welcome home and cheer for without disrupting my devotion and allegiance to the 49ers...I would hate for the Raiders or Rams to come back to LA...forget that, I dont want those two sorry ass franchises around me...

LOL. The bitterness from the Norcals always cracks me up. You have all this hatred for us, and you guys aren't even on our radar. I'm not a Dodger fan or an Angel fan, but leave it to you guys to talk crap about two teams that made it two the LCS, while neither of your squads even made the playoffs.

No, I just hate this nonsense of the niners actually moving down there, so excuse me if my lashing out offended you.

Let's be realistic. The team that is most likely going to take that stadium is the chargers.
Hey yo LA I'm really happy for you and all, and I will let you build your stadium but the 49ers are the best sports franchise to ever play the game of football and there is no way in hell they move to LA

• B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA49ERS:
Keep dreaming

Originally posted by LA49ERS:
Your arrogance and naive outlook on this situation is tiresome. This team should of had a superior Stadium years ago. The current venue is an insult to the 49er franchise.

The Yorks dont need the Bay Area, or to wait on their hands and knees for a Stadium deal to get done. They have a superior product(49ers) with a history of excellence.

The Yorks do not need to wait for Santa Clara to welcome them either.

The 49ers deserve to play in a first class venue period.

Buisness wise -So Ca market is a gold mine. This new venue is going to offered to three teams in California whether you like it or not.

NFL is a buisness plain and simple. Moving the 49ers to L.A. is a great buisness deal.

L.A. doesn't deserve the 49ers, and guess what? It won't happen. Let's come back down to Earth, shall we? York has stressed all along that he wants the team to remain in the Bay Area.

And one more thing, if the Dodgers moved to Northern Calfornia, do you think anyone would give a crap and start becoming Dodger fans? No. They are our rivals. So I don't see why people in L.A. would suddenly become 49er fans, and if you do, that's pretty sad.
[ Edited by B650 on Oct 22, 2009 at 2:27 PM ]

No, I just hate this nonsense of the niners actually moving down there, so excuse me if my lashing out offended you.

Let's be realistic. The team that is most likely going to take that stadium is the chargers.

You think so? I think it's gonna be the Jags, personally. We'll see.

But like another poster said, I hope it's the Rams, that way I don't have to drive 6 hours every time I go to a Niner game. I used to go to the Niner games every year when the Rams were in Anaheim.
Originally posted by philmo:
Doubt they move LA fans are the worst, they only support winning teams. They are lucky they have the Dodgers and Lakers. SF has always had sell outs so I seriously doubt they would move.

That isn't true at all. The Dodgers didn't make the playoffs for almost 20 years, and still had some of the best attendance figures in baseball. There are about 10 million people in this area. I'm pretty sure we could support a football team.

I would hate for the Niners to move, but let's not go acting like LA couldn't get people in the seats.

What would we call them if they did?
I'm from SoCal. I've been a Niner fan for 25 years - A San Francisco 49er fan.

You think so? I think it's gonna be the Jags, personally. We'll see.

But like another poster said, I hope it's the Rams, that way I don't have to drive 6 hours every time I go to a Niner game. I used to go to the Niner games every year when the Rams were in Anaheim.

I wish it was the rams too, but it looks like they're trying as hard as possible to keep them in St. Louis.

I guess the jags are possible, but I don't like the idea of how that would screw up the division alignment. That, and I already know plenty of jag fans who would go absolutely insane if that happened lol.

The reason I say it's the Chargers is because they are right there, they need a new stadium, and it wouldn't screw up anything. It also wouldn't surprise me since LA "took" the Angels as well.
^
Dodgers and 49ers are two different s**ts...the LA area has NO football team while NorCal has two baseball teams (The Giants & As), one of which has a MASSIVE rivalry with the Dodgers...that would never happen, ever, and is just nonsensical to even think about...
[ Edited by GameOver on Oct 22, 2009 at 2:29 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone