LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

49ers a candidate to move to the Los Angeles area

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It won't happen, I think the Chargers will win the bid, Santa Clara is pretty much locked down right now. -The Governator signed the bill that would allow no competition/distraction from outside bidders to interfere with the Santa Clara deal at this point.
Originally posted by B650:
Really, because all people in L.A. seem to do is run their mouths about how much better L.A. is than S.F. We're the laid back ones that don't give a crap. All the Dodger fans that come up here talk s**t, and I have to put them in their place because they haven't won a W.S. since the '80s. At least we went to one recently.

And I'm sure if you had the pathetic Raiders or Rams back in L.A., the rivalry would heat up again. Rams vs. 49ers was heated back in the day.

I think L.A. is envious of us because S.F. is cleaner and has the 49ers. Just my 2 cents. But you're not getting the 49ers, so stay in L.A. and have fun watching the Dodgers.

LOL. I don't even know where to start.

First of all, the idea that the Norcals are the laid back ones and the LA folks are the people who care about the rivalry between the cities is absurd. I don't think I've ever met a person from LA that perceived some sort of rivalry between the two cities, and that is NOT the case about you guys. WE STEAL YOUR WATERZ!!!! U HATES OUR TRAFFICKS!!! WE R ALL SO FAKE!!! Should keep going?

You're confusing the rivalry between the Dodgers & Giants with the rivalry between the cities. Of course the fans of those teams are rivals. And that's pretty much where the rivalry ends for people from LA. You guys take it to a whole different level. But I'm glad that you put Dodger fans in their place by letting them know that you guys "at least made" a WS recently. The SF Giants have never actually won one, correct? Like I said, I'm not even a Dodger fan, but c'mon.

And I can guarantee you that a city that has the Lakers, Dodgers, & USC Trojans isn't jealous of SF because it's cleaner (and really...is it?) or because it has a pro football team that's sucked for the last decade. The "rivalry" between the two cities is absolutely one-sided.

BTW....when the Niner/Ram rivalry was allegedly "heated", about half that stadium was full of Niner fans. I went every year.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Oct 22, 2009 at 4:54 PM ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Has to be the Raiders
Me no likey
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Really, because all people in L.A. seem to do is run their mouths about how much better L.A. is than S.F. We're the laid back ones that don't give a crap. All the Dodger fans that come up here talk s**t, and I have to put them in their place because they haven't won a W.S. since the '80s. At least we went to one recently.

And I'm sure if you had the pathetic Raiders or Rams back in L.A., the rivalry would heat up again. Rams vs. 49ers was heated back in the day.

I think L.A. is envious of us because S.F. is cleaner and has the 49ers. Just my 2 cents. But you're not getting the 49ers, so stay in L.A. and have fun watching the Dodgers.

First of all, the idea that the Norcals are the laid back ones and the LA folks are the people who care about the rivalry between the cities is absurd. I don't think I've ever met a person from LA that perceived some sort of rivalry between the two cities, and that is NOT the case about you guys. WE STEAL YOUR WATERZ!!!! U HATES OUR TRAFFICKS!!! WE R ALL SO FAKE!!! Should keep going?

You're confusing the rivalry between the Dodgers & Giants with the rivalry between the cities. Of course the fans of those teams are rivals. And that's pretty much where the rivalry ends for people from LA. You guys take it to a whole different level. But I'm glad that you put Dodger fans in their place by letting them know that you guys "at least made" a WS recently. The SF Giants have never actually won one, correct? Like I said, I'm not even a Dodger fan, but c'mon.

And I can guarantee you that a city that has the Lakers, Dodgers, & USC Trojans isn't jealous of SF because it's cleaner (and really...is it?) or because it has a pro football team that's sucked for the last decade. The "rivalry" between the two cities is absolutely one-sided.

BTW....when the Niner/Ram rivalry was allegedly "heated", about half that stadium was full of Niner fans. I went every year.

I think the smog is starting to have an effect on you.

Seriously though, people up here don't care much about L.A. The only ones that do are Giant fans, but Dodger fans feel the same way. Didn't you see how much L.A. hated us when we had Barry Bonds? Go look at YouTube videos too. Tell me there is no rivarly there. It's clear that there are a ton of people in L.A. that hate S.F. There are a ton of people in S.F. that hate L.A. But overall, the people don't care, outside of baseball. But if L.A. gets a football team, that will change.
[ Edited by B650 on Oct 22, 2009 at 5:21 PM ]
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

IMO you are partially correct L.A. doesn’t care, need to care or even worry about N. Cal you could probably have Jay Leno do his Jay walking sketch where he ask a S. Cal, “in what city is the Golden Gate Bridge “and they would probably say Long Beach. N. Cal does get hung up on the water issue little frustrating watching all our water go down an aqueduct to L.A. especially during a drought and we are put on water rationing and L.A. is not. N. Cal has had to learn that S. Cal has all the political power in the state so bottom line N. Cal’s know we are going to get screwed and know it’s happening. C’mon every governor for the last 60+ years has come from S. Cal.

I don’t see the Niners going to L.A. Niners have a strong fan base here, Santa Clara is working with them to build a stadium which IMO will get done, and the Niners and Santa Clara have invested to much in the project . IMO think the Rams, Jaguars, Chargers and Bills are the best bet to move to L.A. San Diego recently turned down bond issue to build a new stadium and Qualcomm is 35+ years old.
[ Edited by Bejaard49er on Oct 22, 2009 at 8:06 PM ]
Anaheim 49ers of San Francisco
  • LA49ERS
  • Info N/A
YourHuckleberry

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
This state needs to be two separate states.

Hell yeah. Southern and Northern Cali are really different anyway. Culture, people, etc. F So Cal teams.
This state really does need to be 2 states. We have so many more people than any other state but still only 2 senators for our whole state. F dat.

Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Has to be the Raiders
  • LA49ERS
  • Info N/A
Lakers 15 Titles --Warriors 1

Dodgers 5 Titles-- Angels 1 title--- SF Giants 0

USC Football 11 Titles ---California 2 Stanford 2

49ers 5 Titles---LA Rams 0

LA welcomes the 49ers to Southern California!!!

We will take your franchise and its 5 rings.....

Los Angeles 49ers.......
[ Edited by LA49ERS on Oct 22, 2009 at 8:35 PM ]
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA49ERS:
Lakers 15 Titles --Warriors 1

Dodgers 5 Titles-- Angels 1 title--- SF Giants 0

USC Football 11 Titles ---California 2 Stanford 2

49ers 5 Titles---LA Rams 0

LA welcomes the 49ers to Southern California!!!

We will take your franchise and its 5 rings.....

Los Angeles 49ers.......

Keep dreaming. The 49ers are Northern California's team. Stop trying to import your winning team from us. But, you can have your sorry Raiders or Rams back.

[ Edited by B650 on Oct 22, 2009 at 8:37 PM ]
  • LA49ERS
  • Info N/A
This is the symbol of San Francisco......

Here is your Master.....Bow down to him!!

Blame him for the 49ers moving to L.A.
[ Edited by LA49ERS on Oct 22, 2009 at 8:43 PM ]
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA49ERS:
This is the symbol of San Francisco......

Here is your Master.....Bend your knee to him!

Blame him for the 49ers moving to L.A.

Actually L.A. has the highest gay population in the entire U.S., outside of N.Y. So go invest in some quality knee pads.
Share 49ersWebzone