LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 210 users in the forums

49ers a candidate to move to the Los Angeles area

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This is a dam shame!!!! L.A can get a new stadium without a team and we can't get a stadium with deal done with one... Aint that some $h!+

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12404582
This state needs to be two separate states.
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
This is a dam shame!!!! L.A can get a new stadium without a team and we can't get a stadium with deal done with one... Aint that some $h!+

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger signed a bill allowing the construction of a 75,000-seat stadium that developers hope will lure an NFL team to the Los Angeles area.

That's just the point, they want to lure an NFL team for economic purposes - we already have two teams in the bay area. it has nothing to so with favoritism.
Cuz that's where the Niners are going. Thank god. Now when I move back to socal I'll have no need for any no cal connections.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger signed a bill allowing the construction of a 75,000-seat stadium that developers hope will lure an NFL team to the Los Angeles area.

That's just the point, they want to lure an NFL team for economic purposes - we already have two teams in the bay area. it has nothing to so with favoritism.

I knew that. I read the story, Im generalizing to make a point
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Los Angeles 49ers
  • MVALVERDE37
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by geturembedder:
Cuz that's where the Niners are going. Thank god. Now when I move back to socal I'll have no need for any no cal connections.

The Niners need to stay in the bay area and they will, the team that will welcome a LA move is the rams or Minesota!
Originally posted by susweel:
Los Angeles 49ers

If that happens, I'm out.

I'll watch the Arena League or some sh*t.
F#%K LA!

The Niners wont be going to LA, I have a .50 cal sniper rifle that says so.
[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Oct 22, 2009 at 10:50 AM ]
I'd get season tickets!

Private money talks. If the Yorks want to fully finance a new stadium, as SF Giants ownership did, they would also have no problem fast-tracking state-level approval of environmental impact, etc.

The builders of this stadium claim to be targeting 7 teams, and name the Niners, Raiders and Chargers, among those 7. In fact, none of these 3 teams would generate the incremental impact on jobs and economic activity, which is claimed. Those teams are already in California.

To secure the stated incremental economic impact, a team from out-of-state must be recruited. Look to the small market teams that are struggling with black-outs and/or a change of ownership. Here are 3 prime, more likely candidates, whom I would bet are also on the List of Seven:

Jacksonville - market is just too small, probably most likely candidate.
Carolina - owner is dying, estate sale coming?
Buffalo - aging owner and small market, already playing some in Toronto.
  • Mex49
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
This state needs to be two separate states.

where are we drawing the line
I thought this was gonna be a thread about this

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I'd get season tickets!
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
F#%K LA!

The Niners wont be going to LA, I have a .50 cal sniper rifle that says so.

Share 49ersWebzone