LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 306 users in the forums

49ers a candidate to move to the Los Angeles area

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
Originally posted by Juniorminime:
I see Jacksonville or the Rams going there before the 9ers would. LA 9ers just doesn't sound right

the rams will go back to LA

hope it's the rams since we play them every season.
I actually hope the Rams come back that way us So Cal folk have AT LEAST one guaranteed game to go to every year. Right now, we have to either travel 8 hours north OR 7 hours EAST to AZ, OR wait until they go to San Diego.
Originally posted by LA49ERS:
Jags are not coming.

The Raiders have the first dibs on LA. If they do not move, The 49ers would be welcomed.

We would love the 5 time SB Champs.

Brand new big time market for a team that should have the best. Its amazing how deplorable the City leaders have treated the 49ers in via of a new Stadium.

The Bengals and Seahawks and Cardinals have awesome venues and each has 0 SB wins.

49ers are deserving of the best. They will get it in L.A.

Keep dreaming
Jags are not coming.

The Raiders have the first dibs on LA. If they do not move, The 49ers would be welcomed.

We would love the 5 time SB Champs.

Brand new big time market for a team that should have the best. Its amazing how deplorable the City leaders have treated the 49ers in via of a new Stadium.

The Bengals and Seahawks and Cardinals have awesome venues and each has 0 SB wins.

49ers are deserving of the best. They will get it in L.A.

Anything is possible especially with the York's owning the team! OHhh O!
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
[img=null] http://www.jeffreysharp.org/fun/NotThiss**tAgain.jpg[img=null]
Dude, I knew this was going to come up. It will never happen. Even if we were bad which we're not and I think even if we wanted to move it wouldn't happen. Governor Commando wants to generate CA jobs and boost the economy and you don't do that by robbing Peter to pay Paul.
Originally posted by jimbagg:
Private money talks. If the Yorks want to fully finance a new stadium, as SF Giants ownership did, they would also have no problem fast-tracking state-level approval of environmental impact, etc.

The builders of this stadium claim to be targeting 7 teams, and name the Niners, Raiders and Chargers, among those 7. In fact, none of these 3 teams would generate the incremental impact on jobs and economic activity, which is claimed. Those teams are already in California.

To secure the stated incremental economic impact, a team from out-of-state must be recruited. Look to the small market teams that are struggling with black-outs and/or a change of ownership. Here are 3 prime, more likely candidates, whom I would bet are also on the List of Seven:

Jacksonville - market is just too small, probably most likely candidate.
Carolina - owner is dying, estate sale coming?
Buffalo - aging owner and small market, already playing some in Toronto.

You state some very well reasoned arguements that make a lot of sense, but I'd still like to see the Raiders leave the Bay area. My life would definitely be just that much better if I didn't have to deal with all the Raiders fans around me.
Originally posted by jimbagg:
Private money talks. If the Yorks want to fully finance a new stadium, as SF Giants ownership did, they would also have no problem fast-tracking state-level approval of environmental impact, etc.

The builders of this stadium claim to be targeting 7 teams, and name the Niners, Raiders and Chargers, among those 7. In fact, none of these 3 teams would generate the incremental impact on jobs and economic activity, which is claimed. Those teams are already in California.

To secure the stated incremental economic impact, a team from out-of-state must be recruited. Look to the small market teams that are struggling with black-outs and/or a change of ownership. Here are 3 prime, more likely candidates, whom I would bet are also on the List of Seven:

Jacksonville - market is just too small, probably most likely candidate.
Carolina - owner is dying, estate sale coming?
Buffalo - aging owner and small market, already playing some in Toronto.

Exactly my point. The more important question should be what do you name the LA team??
Originally posted by Jigga:
I'm following this team, no matter where it goes. I don't care if the team moves to Tijuana and is renamed as the Tijuana Tits. I'm still a fan.

I'm with you I'm the fan of the team and football the city don't mean anything.
San Francisco gives the Giants a stadium when the 49ers are the better franchise and the city still disrespects them. Send them to hell those unappreciative mother bleeeep! Would welcome them anywhere they go 49ers!
It's not who you know it's who you bl*w.

You know what you gotta do , boy.

• LA49ERS
  • Info N/A
Keep dreaming

Your arrogance and naive outlook on this situation is tiresome. This team should of had a superior Stadium years ago. The current venue is an insult to the 49er franchise.

The Yorks dont need the Bay Area, or to wait on their hands and knees for a Stadium deal to get done. They have a superior product(49ers) with a history of excellence.

The Yorks do not need to wait for Santa Clara to welcome them either.

The 49ers deserve to play in a first class venue period.

Buisness wise -So Ca market is a gold mine. This new venue is going to offered to three teams in California whether you like it or not.

NFL is a buisness plain and simple. Moving the 49ers to L.A. is a great buisness deal.
I have lived in the LA area all my life and I dont want the niners down here,it just wouldn't be the same team.For one ,they would change the name and for another I like driving up to no cal once a year to see a game.just bring a NFC team to LA so I can see a niner game down here once a year.
Originally posted by Mex49:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
This state needs to be two separate states.

where are we drawing the line

SLO.

Not that I'm worried since it won't happen but if the niners move to LA I'm out.
Keep dreaming

Your arrogance and naive outlook on this situation is tiresome. This team should of had a superior Stadium years ago. The current venue is an insult to the 49er franchise.

The Yorks dont need the Bay Area, or to wait on their hands and knees for a Stadium deal to get done. They have a superior product(49ers) with a history of excellence.

The Yorks do not need to wait for Santa Clara to welcome them either.

The 49ers deserve to play in a first class venue period.

Buisness wise -So Ca market is a gold mine. This new venue is going to offered to three teams in California whether you like it or not.

NFL is a buisness plain and simple. Moving the 49ers to L.A. is a great buisness deal.
Originally posted by philmo:
Doubt they move LA fans are the worst, they only support winning teams. They are lucky they have the Dodgers and Lakers. SF has always had sell outs so I seriously doubt they would move.

That isn't true at all. The Dodgers didn't make the playoffs for almost 20 years, and still had some of the best attendance figures in baseball. There are about 10 million people in this area. I'm pretty sure we could support a football team.

I would hate for the Niners to move, but let's not go acting like LA couldn't get people in the seats.
Share 49ersWebzone