There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Whats up with Brandon Jones??

A Scotty F-up? Are you guys serious?

Scotty signed him because we didn't know our WR situation back in January and now this? If Bruce didn't come back and we didn't pick Crabtree, he would be heralded as a savvy GM.

He did his job and made sure we had a WR. Then, fate gave him Bruce and Crabtree. I think Jones will get his chance, but attitude goes a long way on this team. His remarks will only place him Singletary's dog house especially after he essentially calls out his coaches by saying he would play himself to the media no less.

STHU Jones and do your job! If that is ST for now, then it is ST for now. Frickin' cry baby...who's the prima donna?

On the flip side, you can't say enough about Josh's character.

Look forward to Crabtree and Morgan as our future starting WRs! Nice young tandem.
[ Edited by ninertico on Oct 21, 2009 at 3:53 PM ]
WTF is he belly aching about?? He didnt do anything to EARN a starting spot when he came back from injury..

Old saying goes "Cant make the club, when you're in the tub"
  • ptw1
  • Veteran
Isn't it a good thing for a player, after signing his big contract, wants to contribute? He has seen the struggles on offense and, since he's the second most accomplisged wr on the roster, thinks he can help.
Originally posted by ptw1:
Isn't it a good thing for a player, after signing his big contract, wants to contribute? He has seen the struggles on offense and, since he's the second most accomplisged wr on the roster, thinks he can help.

It doesn't matter what WR's is out there if the QB can't get the ball to them
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
I kinda posed this question like around the draft time !.. I said at the time we should let Bruce stay at home because we have several young good WR's and a numbers game would prevent us from fully utilizing them.. Nice to see some of you FINALLY seeing it the way I have all along. We should let Bruce retire and let Scurlock walk next year, and we wont have this problem again..!!

I say let Bruce retire next season... or what ever he wants to do...but not here....

I say we still use him this year....I feel he can come up big for us this season if we are trying to get into the playoffs...I just feel Raye is using him wrong (f'n Streaks WTF???)

but next year, I'd like our starters to be....

Crabtree on one side.... Jason Hill on the other.....and Brandon Jones in the slot (unless he out plays Jason Hill)

I feel Morgan is expendable because he is like a poor man's Crabtree... they have almost the same build....but Crabtree seems more like a playmaker....so if we can trade him...good, he could be a good #2 for another team.....if not fine...

Jason Hill is a different type of WR and I believe he would complement Crabtree and this offense with his Speed, route, and catching ability.

I also say we try Spurlock on some KRs this year and if he plays well, keep him for next season....I liked what he did in the preseason....I believe he had 2 passes thrown to him and did a nice job catching them....(I also believe one was a Bullet from Nate)..... I also like his build..... he looks like he can break tackles...short stocky...kinda like Steve Smith but alittle taller.

Here we go again with the Jason Hill love affair. What has he shown that get's you all hot and bothered over him.

Preachin' to the choir, brother. Hill is a guy who was nearly cut during training camp, and still warrants zero attention. He ran a 4.32 forty at the combine, and runs like a 4.60 guy on the football field.

The bottom line is that he will be lucky to be on the team next year. The Niners will probably have their Crabtree, Morgan, Jones trio leading the pack, a rookie or vet punt returner as the fourth WR, and somebody versatile to play the Wildcat like Spurlock as the fifth.

MadDog, I'm ecstatic that we have something to finally agree on after that Crabtree/Parker fiasco. Totally with you on the likely trio of Morgan, Crabtree and Jones with one caveat. Morgan needs to step up and fulfill the promise everyone seemed to see in him. He's underachieved IMHO and can do better. He seems like a good guy and a team player. Now, he just needs to take the next step everyone expected this year. And, if Jones performs like he did in camp, we'd really have something. Of course, Sing also needs to bench Bruce, future HOF'er or not!
Jones needs to show some patience. Bruce isn't going to be around forever, so he's going to ultimately inherit the position if not sooner. In the mean time, he needs to make the most out of the opportunities that he gets and prove to everyone that he deserves to be the starter. I can easily see him and Crabtree being the two starting WRs by the end of the season.
Originally posted by Jordache49:
WTF is he belly aching about?? He didnt do anything to EARN a starting spot when he came back from injury..

Old saying goes "Cant make the club, when you're in the tub"

Member Milestone: This is post number 2,000 for GolittaCamper.
Nothing... he fits the mold of our receiving core.... Slow and unable to get open!
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
I kinda posed this question like around the draft time !.. I said at the time we should let Bruce stay at home because we have several young good WR's and a numbers game would prevent us from fully utilizing them.. Nice to see some of you FINALLY seeing it the way I have all along. We should let Bruce retire and let Scurlock walk next year, and we wont have this problem again..!!

I say let Bruce retire next season... or what ever he wants to do...but not here....

I say we still use him this year....I feel he can come up big for us this season if we are trying to get into the playoffs...I just feel Raye is using him wrong (f'n Streaks WTF???)

I love the trio , who the hell is going to throw it to them? Please don't tell me you think Hill is all of a sudden going to morph into Kurt Warner

but next year, I'd like our starters to be....

Crabtree on one side.... Jason Hill on the other.....and Brandon Jones in the slot (unless he out plays Jason Hill)

I feel Morgan is expendable because he is like a poor man's Crabtree... they have almost the same build....but Crabtree seems more like a playmaker....so if we can trade him...good, he could be a good #2 for another team.....if not fine...

Jason Hill is a different type of WR and I believe he would complement Crabtree and this offense with his Speed, route, and catching ability.

I also say we try Spurlock on some KRs this year and if he plays well, keep him for next season....I liked what he did in the preseason....I believe he had 2 passes thrown to him and did a nice job catching them....(I also believe one was a Bullet from Nate)..... I also like his build..... he looks like he can break tackles...short stocky...kinda like Steve Smith but alittle taller.

Here we go again with the Jason Hill love affair. What has he shown that get's you all hot and bothered over him.

Preachin' to the choir, brother. Hill is a guy who was nearly cut during training camp, and still warrants zero attention. He ran a 4.32 forty at the combine, and runs like a 4.60 guy on the football field.

The bottom line is that he will be lucky to be on the team next year. The Niners will probably have their Crabtree, Morgan, Jones trio leading the pack, a rookie or vet punt returner as the fourth WR, and somebody versatile to play the Wildcat like Spurlock as the fifth.

MadDog, I'm ecstatic that we have something to finally agree on after that Crabtree/Parker fiasco. Totally with you on the likely trio of Morgan, Crabtree and Jones with one caveat. Morgan needs to step up and fulfill the promise everyone seemed to see in him. He's underachieved IMHO and can do better. He seems like a good guy and a team player. Now, he just needs to take the next step everyone expected this year. And, if Jones performs like he did in camp, we'd really have something. Of course, Sing also needs to bench Bruce, future HOF'er or not!
Man I appreciate the fire in here for this team holmes! Dude is just showing he wants to play....thats what I like ... dude wants to put up some points for the 49ers...yeaaaahhh baby !! He's not cryin, chill people. Cant wait till he gets the rock......
With Crabtree and Bruce starting, I think Jones makes an excellent #3. His injury is really the only reason he hasn't seen much playing time. I'm a little surprised that he's getting impatient. It seems like the team is just trying to protect their investment, so to speak.

Moving forward, I like the idea of having a trio of Crabtree, Morgan and Jones. Hill is a nice 4th option as well.
I think the reason why he isnt seeing any play time its not because he cant play, its because we cant use him for his strenght. He is suppose to be a burner and catch long passes, and Hill definitely cant make those throws. Thats exacly why jones and AS had such good chemistry together in training camp.

I honestly thing our offense and play calling would be very different if AS was the quarterback, I am not saying that AS would suceeed, im just saying we would be seeing alot more of Jacobs and passing plays down the field
Originally posted by backontop:

We all know you love Alex Smith, and we all know you don't remember him playing ever (or you'd know he f**king sucks). Do you feel the need to mention it in every thread?

Don't you think if Alex Smith was so great he'd be starting?
Originally posted by ninertico:
A Scotty F-up? Are you guys serious?

Scotty signed him because we didn't know our WR situation back in January and now this? If Bruce didn't come back and we didn't pick Crabtree, he would be heralded as a savvy GM.

He did his job and made sure we had a WR. Then, fate gave him Bruce and Crabtree. I think Jones will get his chance, but attitude goes a long way on this team. His remarks will only place him Singletary's dog house especially after he essentially calls out his coaches by saying he would play himself to the media no less.

STHU Jones and do your job! If that is ST for now, then it is ST for now. Frickin' cry baby...who's the prima donna?

On the flip side, you can't say enough about Josh's character.

Look forward to Crabtree and Morgan as our future starting WRs! Nice young tandem.

I agree Jones should just be quiet and wait his turn. The log jam will get cleared soon enough. But the top of the 2010 depth chart is looking pretty solid . . . nobody will be whining about this next year. Roster building isn't always about the current year.
Originally posted by Winners:
Originally posted by backontop:

We all know you love Alex Smith, and we all know you don't remember him playing ever (or you'd know he f**king sucks). Do you feel the need to mention it in every thread?

Don't you think if Alex Smith was so great he'd be starting?

the thing that I don't understand about fans who want Alex to start, because of his "ability" to throw the deep ball with "accuracy" and "consistency".....is we haven't seen him play in 2 years....and he, for some reason, didn't connect on 1 or even attempt 1 deep pass in preseason.....you would think he would try to show off his arm..... where as Shaun and Nate both attempted deep passes.....

unfortunately for Shaun his deep pass in preseason came at a time Raye chose to have Robinson run a deep pattern ....as well as Battle....

but at least in the regular season Shaun has shown that he can hit the deep pass with passes to Bruce and one to Morgan..... the other ones didn't go so well...one to Delanie which he gave up on.....and another one to Bruce, who let his man get in front of him (but Bruce made a great play and swatted a potential INT down)