LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

Whats up with Brandon Jones??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Our receiver situation really puzzles me. Has Brandon Jones played any snaps yet? He is being paid an awful lot of money for not contributing anything up to this point. I never hear Maicco or anyone mention him anymore since the Crabtree signing and I'm curious where does Mr Jones fall on the depth chart? Anyone know something I dont about this ordeal? Is he still injured?
  • B650
  • Veteran
He played, but hasn't caught a pass yet. He hasn't been thrown to many times. The only one I remember is the last play of the Falcons game. Hill threw it at his feet, which explains why he hasn't caught a pass yet.
Ok...good you saw him in the game ... I personally feel we should bench Bruce lol ...
Only thing I know is he has not been on the field much since his injury. I don't think we have been able to utilize him with deep throws right now.
Originally posted by B650:
He played, but hasn't caught a pass yet. He hasn't been thrown to many times. The only one I remember is the last play of the Falcons game. Hill threw it at his feet, which explains why he hasn't caught a pass yet.

You mean when they put him in when the defense knew all we were going to do was try to bomb it deep? Yeah, I wonder why Hill couldn't get him the ball.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Winners:

You mean when they put him in when the defense knew all we were going to do was try to bomb it deep? Yeah, I wonder why Hill couldn't get him the ball.

There wasn't a defender within 10 yards of him because they were all playing deep. It's an easy completion for 99.9% of QBs to make. It comes down to lack of arm strength.
brandon jones... jones...
He's not going to play much, if at all. Raye only uses 3 WRs.

Doesn't make sense, but what can you do.
Originally posted by Winners:

he underthrew it man, the defense caused that? lol

i remember the ball landed a couple feet away from him because it was the only time i noticed #81 on the field
Yeah, this is a head scratcher. He's supposedly1 of the fastest, if not THE fastest receiver we have (notwithstanding J Hill's 40 time), plus he looked very good early on until he got injured. All reports were positive. He's had plenty of time to heal, so what gives? Especially with Bruce sucking up the joint this year. Got to wonder what's going on. I would think the best 3 receivers to line up would be Crabtree (if he's really THAT good), Jones and either Morgan or Hill. Time to put Bruce the Silent out to pasture.

Who's Brandon Jones? Is he reciever?
  • kirkfiege
  • Info N/A
I'm thinking this is Hill's last chance to do it. You guys ever notice how Chicago didn't have receivers until Jay Cutler showed up?
The Minnesota receivers were subpar until Brett Favre stumbled in.
It can go both ways but usually not as much to the receivers holding the quarterback back side. The quarterback can make a big difference.
Bruce and Brandon Jones didn't suddenly forget how to play receiver.
Defenses are able to prepare for Shaun Hill more, plus our offensive game planning has been built around a run game that hasn't been all that functional. We're getting crowded boxes and run blitzes and a qb has to be able to beat those blitzes.

I don't know how Alex would fare given the o-line and play-calling, but it would be tough to expect much worse, and I think that Hill doesn't have much leash length left if he continues to struggle.
Originally posted by kirkfiege:
I'm thinking this is Hill's last chance to do it. You guys ever notice how Chicago didn't have receivers until Jay Cutler showed up?
The Minnesota receivers were subpar until Brett Favre stumbled in.
It can go both ways but usually not as much to the receivers holding the quarterback back side. The quarterback can make a big difference.
Bruce and Brandon Jones didn't suddenly forget how to play receiver.
Defenses are able to prepare for Shaun Hill more, plus our offensive game planning has been built around a run game that hasn't been all that functional. We're getting crowded boxes and run blitzes and a qb has to be able to beat those blitzes.

I don't know how Alex would fare given the o-line and play-calling, but it would be tough to expect much worse, and I think that Hill doesn't have much leash length left if he continues to struggle.

Versus turning this into another Hill vs. Smith thread, can we please keep this on topic? If anyone has really been watching, I do not think Brandon Jones has really played any snaps at all this season. It seems weird since he has been healthy the last two games, what gives?
Originally posted by hubbyt:
Ok...good you saw him in the game ... I personally feel we should bench Bruce lol ...

I agree, I beleive in Veteran pride but its time to Put Morgan in his spot and try to get Jones more playing time.... But lets be realistic if our O Line doesnt step it up doesnt really matter what shaun or the WR's do...
I have a feeling raye is going to open up the play book and we're going to get our passing game going.....this is why I think they're starting crabtree. I heard somewhere that raye and his system always did better after the fifth game of the year.
Share 49ersWebzone