LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 187 users in the forums

Whats up with Brandon Jones??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by eastie:
Originally posted by znk916:
He's terrible, that's whats up.

BJ was brought here because he is a speed receiver. He's the one who's supposed to streach the defense. The problem is that our qb doesn't have the arm to hit him if he breaks open downfield....so the defense doesn't have to honor his speed making him ineffective.

our OL doesn't block for him to make the throws
Originally posted by hubbyt:
Ok...good you saw him in the game ... I personally feel we should bench Bruce lol ...

Yea seriously,

im' tired of his old ass not catching balls,

we got better YOUNGER talent on the sidelines, and he should jus retire himself in STL.
We may not have the best WR corps in the NFL, but I really think its a big mistake that the Niners do not spread the field with them more often. IMO Bruce, Morgan, Jones, and Crabtree being on the field at the same time would really open things up for Gore underneath. Not to mention if they dont put all 4 on the field at the same time, we have VD and Walker who can make plays at TE.

Bottom line is that the coaching staff keeps saying, "We want our best 11 on the field" and that is fine, but we have probably about 13 or 14 that are not being used right in the passing game. Getting Brandon Jones and Delanie Walker in the passing game more often would probably be beneficial to this offense. I'm not a coach so I could be wrong. It just doesnt seem to make much sense. Our WRs were used a hell of a lot more last year under Martz. They were a lot more effective last year, and ironically, there is more talent there this year.
what a waste of money , I know McClueless did not think the Craptree would fall to us and he over paid for Jones . Now we are stuck with him as 4th WR can't play PR/KR.

Battle and Morgan will be in KR then PR for Battle that makes battle the 4th WR in the line up and Jones inactive ! We don't need that many WR cuz we don't use that many we use our TE's More !
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I don't know what he's b***hing about, getting paid big bucks to do nothing but workout seems like a sweet deal to me. He knew what type of offense we would be running before he signed.
Seems like he'd be ideal in the slot, but then that would mean we actually used a 3WR formation.
Originally posted by cNiner:
what a waste of money , I know McClueless did not think the Craptree would fall to us and he over paid for Jones . Now we are stuck with him as 4th WR can't play PR/KR.

Battle and Morgan will be in KR then PR for Battle that makes battle the 4th WR in the line up and Jones inactive ! We don't need that many WR cuz we don't use that many we use our TE's More !

Even without Crabtree this was a poor signing. The guy just isn't that good. He's barely an average WR that the Niners could have found anywhere for a lot cheaper.
Jones should be playing, we better utalize him, and use more 4 WR packages, with Bruce, Crabtree, Morgan and Jones.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Jones should be playing, we better utalize him, and use more 4 WR packages, with Bruce, Crabtree, Morgan and Jones.

That would get Hill killed quick. We can't block out of that set against even a 3 man eush.
  • titan
  • Veteran

If we do that then Hill needs to be 15 yards back on a shotgun formation! Maybe he wont get sacked!
Originally posted by TX9R:

That would get Hill killed quick. We can't block out of that set against even a 3 man eush.

For the life of me I still can't figure out how you can give up the most sacks in the NFL 2 years in a row, and not address your o line at all except signing a severely injured RT. Moving these guys around isn't gonna work they need better talent. Only thing this o line has proved is that they can't pass protect.

Originally posted by titan:

If we do that then Hill needs to be 15 yards back on a shotgun formation! Maybe he wont get sacked!

oh man that is too easy, I can feel those Hill haters licking their chops ready to type some unorginal joke regarding that.

let me beat them to it.

"15 yards back from LOS? BUT WE'LL GET CALLED FOR INTENTIONAL GROUNDING FOR EVERY SINGLE PASS HE TRIES!!!! jajajjajajajajajjaaj"
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 22, 2009 at 9:20 AM ]
Maybe we can use Jones on the o/l to pass protect Hill, since he cant understand why he's not getting any passes.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by titan:

oh man that is too easy, I can feel those Hill haters licking their chops ready to type some unorginal joke regarding that.

let me beat them to it.

"15 yards back from LOS? BUT WE'LL GET CALLED FOR INTENTIONAL GROUNDING FOR EVERY SINGLE PASS HE TRIES!!!! jajajjajajajajajjaaj"
We would, granted if alex smith was in, and had a 15 yd shotgun, he might actually have enough time to finish his slow decisions.
He's piss now that he's lower in the dept chart with Crabtree being promoted.....beside he's known for his speed, and Hill doesn't have a strong arm.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by ninertico:
A Scotty F-up? Are you guys serious?

Scotty signed him because we didn't know our WR situation back in January and now this? If Bruce didn't come back and we didn't pick Crabtree, he would be heralded as a savvy GM.

He did his job and made sure we had a WR. Then, fate gave him Bruce and Crabtree. I think Jones will get his chance, but attitude goes a long way on this team. His remarks will only place him Singletary's dog house especially after he essentially calls out his coaches by saying he would play himself to the media no less.

STHU Jones and do your job! If that is ST for now, then it is ST for now. Frickin' cry baby...who's the prima donna?

On the flip side, you can't say enough about Josh's character.

Look forward to Crabtree and Morgan as our future starting WRs! Nice young tandem.

If a hiring manager keeps hiring employees who never deliver on their promises sooner or later you start asking yourself if the hiring manager is doing his job.

Sorry, but if this were the ONLY off-season acquisition gone south this fall, I'd give Scott the benefit of the doubt. EVERY off-season question mark the 49ers had in 2008 will STILL BE a question mark in the 2009 offseason:

Pass-rush
offensive line
wide receiver
safety
QB

We knew these were issues starting this year and AGAIN, 3rd years in a row, in some cases 4 - still issues. How many more years?

Can't remember there being any good OL available in FA.
Can't remember there being any good QB available in FA.
Can't remember there being any good S available in FA.
Can't remember there being any good OLB available in FA.
Only decent WR I can remember would be Housh.

-9fA
Share 49ersWebzone