LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 147 users in the forums

CARDS TIE 49ERS FOR NFC WEST LEAD

Shop Find 49ers gear online

CARDS TIE 49ERS FOR NFC WEST LEAD

Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by blm7754:
It is going to be neck and neck the rest of the season with the Cards. I think their schedule looks more favorable so we will really have to bring it. Here is how I see the next 7 weeks playing out:

Arizona:
AZ @ NY = loss
CAR @ AZ = win....... could be a tossup, but at home AZ has the advantage
AZ @ CHI = loss
SEA @ AZ = win
AZ @ STL = win
AZ @ TEN = win
MIN @ AZ = loss

So I see them going 4-3 in the next 7 weeks. Here's our schedule

SF:
SF @ HOU = win
SF @ IND = loss
TEN @ SF = win
CHI @ SF = loss
SF @ GB = must win!
JAC @ SF = win
SF @ SEA = win

As you can see, we are also very likely to go 4-3 in the next 7 weeks. Green Bay is a must win game if we are going to be in the lead when we play them again. I think that we will be favored to beat them in SF. That would put us up by 2.

The remained of the season is about even.
Arizona:
AZ @ DET = win
STL @ AZ = win
GB @ AZ = tossup

SF:
SF @ PHI = tossup
DET @ SF = win
SF @ STL = win

So we either need to win against GB and AZ to keep it safe, or hope that AZ looses a game that they should win.

We better win the home game against Chicago because there's no way in hell we come out of Green Bay with a victory.

I don't know, Green Bay is nothing special this year. Without Farve, Green Bay doesn't worry me too much. But you are right, the Chicago game will be big too. We need to win at least one of those two games.
It is going to be neck and neck the rest of the season with the Cards. I think their schedule looks more favorable so we will really have to bring it. Here is how I see the next 7 weeks playing out:

Arizona:
AZ @ NY = loss
CAR @ AZ = win....... could be a tossup, but at home AZ has the advantage
AZ @ CHI = loss
SEA @ AZ = win
AZ @ STL = win
AZ @ TEN = win
MIN @ AZ = loss

So I see them going 4-3 in the next 7 weeks. Here's our schedule

SF:
SF @ HOU = win
SF @ IND = loss
TEN @ SF = win
CHI @ SF = loss
SF @ GB = must win!
JAC @ SF = win
SF @ SEA = win

As you can see, we are also very likely to go 4-3 in the next 7 weeks. Green Bay is a must win game if we are going to be in the lead when we play them again. I think that we will be favored to beat them in SF. That would put us up by 2.

The remained of the season is about even.
Arizona:
AZ @ DET = win
STL @ AZ = win
GB @ AZ = tossup

SF:
SF @ PHI = tossup
DET @ SF = win
SF @ STL = win

So we either need to win against GB and AZ to keep it safe, or hope that AZ looses a game that they should win.

We better win the home game against Chicago because there's no way in hell we come out of Green Bay with a victory.

I don't know, Green Bay is nothing special this year. Without Farve, Green Bay doesn't worry me too much. But you are right, the Chicago game will be big too. We need to win at least one of those two games.

I think we're gonna win both Chicago and Green Bay, neither team has really impressed me to the point where I think they would be an automatic loss, especially the Chicago game at home.
no they didn't
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by redrathman:
I still think we'll win the NFC West, but it isn't going to be as easy as we thought.

Who in the 49ers organization said this season was going to be easy?

Among fans, who thinks this season is going to be easy?

It sounds more like you're backtracking from your premature predictions following the 3-1 start.

I don't think anyone is taking for granted how difficult the season will be. IT'S FOOTBALL.

The fans, after we started out 2-0. Don't you read this forum? Everyone was talking about how we're going to win the West easily and how Arizona is done. Even most of the Power Rankings had us in the top 10.

After we started out 3-1, I thought we'd win the West. Now at 3-2, I still think we'll win the West. I'm not sure who's backtracking.
Originally posted by King49er:
no they didn't

I guess full red bars doesn't mean you know how to post. People love to jump the gun and be negative when the fact of the matter is we are still in first.
I still think we'll win the NFC West, but it isn't going to be as easy as we thought.

Who in the 49ers organization said this season was going to be easy?

Among fans, who thinks this season is going to be easy?

It sounds more like you're backtracking from your premature predictions following the 3-1 start.

I don't think anyone is taking for granted how difficult the season will be. IT'S FOOTBALL.

The fans, after we started out 2-0. Don't you read this forum? Everyone was talking about how we're going to win the West easily and how Arizona is done. Even most of the Power Rankings had us in the top 10.

After we started out 3-1, I thought we'd win the West. Now at 3-2, I still think we'll win the West. I'm not sure who's backtracking.

Well, I guess it's a good thing the fans and people who make power rankings don't play the games.
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
While everybody was busy arguing if Alex Smith was better than Shaun Hill, the Cardinals quietly won another game and tied the 49ers for 1st place in the NFC West! Where is the outrage?? Where is the hysteria?? We have two losses in a row now and and things aren't looking any easier for the foreseeable future.

How confident are you that this is only a temporary setback and we'll be on top again before this season is done?

I have so many questions before I can even begin to answer your post.

When did the 49ers lose two in a row?
Who is the we in this equation?
Did you play for the 49ers?
Is this Keith DeLong?
Does the 'addic' [sic] in your name imply that you're high on drugs?

When did the 49ers lose two in a row? Sorry, it FELT like two in a row.
Who is the [i]we in this equation? [/i]ME AND MY TEAM.
Did you play for the 49ers? Do sweet dreams count?
Is this Keith DeLong? I'm keith DeLong if you are Tom Rathman.
Does the 'addic' [sic] in your name imply that you're high on drugs? Why do you ask? Did you run out?

good responce
We lose against the Texans, and we are suddenly 3-4 (pre-determined result vs the Colts).
After that, it's anyone's guess.
Share 49ersWebzone