LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

CARDS TIE 49ERS FOR NFC WEST LEAD

Shop Find 49ers gear online

CARDS TIE 49ERS FOR NFC WEST LEAD

• B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Too bad the Cards are 1-1 in the West and we are 3-0.

But they are an impressive 2-0 on the road.

Not as impressive as it sounds. They beat Jacksonville (who needed OT to beat St. Louis at home) and Seattle on the road. Let's see how they fare next week on the road in New York.
Originally posted by B650:

Not as impressive as it sounds. They beat Jacksonville (who needed OT to beat St. Louis at home) and Seattle on the road. Let's see how they fare next week on the road in New York.

I don't know. I don't think we are as good as we think. Aside from 2 big runs in one game, our offensive line keeps getting pushed in the backfield and QB is actually lucky if he has 3 seconds to pass.

Remember, they dominated us in Game 1 if you look at the stats. I don't think we win that game if we play it again. Our offensive line must play better because being ranked bottom in the league will NOT get you wins.
  • B650
  • Veteran

I don't know. I don't think we are as good as we think. Aside from 2 big runs in one game, our offensive line keeps getting pushed in the backfield and QB is actually lucky if he has 3 seconds to pass.

Remember, they dominated us in Game 1 if you look at the stats. I don't think we win that game if we play it again. Our offensive line must play better because being ranked bottom in the league will NOT get you wins.

I agree, we definitely aren't as good as we think we are. The only reason we're competing for a playoff spot is because we play in the NFC West.

I agree, we definitely aren't as good as we think we are. The only reason we're competing for a playoff spot is because we play in the NFC West.

Hill and Gore saved us in 2 games in spite of conservative playcalling.

Raye killed us in 1 game.

The entire team died in that last game.

The defense has allowed us to stay alive in all but one game.
It's only week 6 and "WE" had a bye.

Lets discuss this in the second half of the season.
Originally posted by ramanz16:
We're still in the driver's seat with the tiebreaker, and although we won't sneak up on them in our next matchup it's at home and I think we've got a GREAT shot at sweeping them. Plus, Warner has been inconsistent thus far this year (much like last year actually before the playoffs).

We don't need to worry about Arizona, we just need to worry about correcting out own issues and we'll take this division.

This. But we need 2 take it one game at a time. I've said it before, to reach our goal of winning the division one game at a time. Not a hater,but threads like this annoy me. C'mon man,this is the NFL...teams will have some good&bad weeks but it's up 2 your team to prepare itself to beat the other team at THEIR best while we are at OUR BEST. We need to put pressure on Schaub and watch their screens which torched the Cinci D which was on high praise so far this year.
That didn't take long did it?
where is the yo-yo who wanted the Cards to win yesterday? Made no sense.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
That didn't take long did it?

Don't panic yet, we still have the tiebreaker.

The season is still young. I'm not reading too much into this right now.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
While everybody was busy arguing if Alex Smith was better than Shaun Hill, the Cardinals quietly won another game and tied the 49ers for 1st place in the NFC West! Where is the outrage?? Where is the hysteria?? We have two losses in a row now and and things aren't looking any easier for the foreseeable future.

How confident are you that this is only a temporary setback and we'll be on top again before this season is done?

I have so many questions before I can even begin to answer your post.

When did the 49ers lose two in a row?
Who is the we in this equation?
Did you play for the 49ers?
Is this Keith DeLong?
Does the 'addic' [sic] in your name imply that you're high on drugs?

When did the 49ers lose two in a row? Sorry, it FELT like two in a row.
Who is the [i]we in this equation? [/i]ME AND MY TEAM.
Did you play for the 49ers? Do sweet dreams count?
Is this Keith DeLong? I'm keith DeLong if you are Tom Rathman.
Does the 'addic' [sic] in your name imply that you're high on drugs? Why do you ask? Did you run out?
[ Edited by SanFranAddic on Oct 19, 2009 at 5:29 PM ]
  • Chief
  • Veteran
It's not a tie.
Originally posted by ihab:
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
While everybody was busy arguing if Alex Smith was better than Shaun Hill, the Cardinals quietly won another game and tied the 49ers for 1st place in the NFC West! Where is the outrage?? Where is the hysteria?? We have two losses in a row now and and things aren't looking any easier for the foreseeable future.

How confident are you that this is only a temporary setback and we'll be on top again before this season is done?

Actually we beat the rams between the Vikings and Atlanta game.

Thanks for NOT being a douche.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
It's only week 6 and "WE" had a bye.

Lets discuss this in the second half of the season.

I think you missed the point of the question entirely.

The question is "how are you feeling about our chances to win the division and make the playoffs right now?"
Share 49ersWebzone