LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

CARDS TIE 49ERS FOR NFC WEST LEAD

Shop Find 49ers gear online

CARDS TIE 49ERS FOR NFC WEST LEAD

Originally posted by ramanz16:
We're still in the driver's seat with the tiebreaker, and although we won't sneak up on them in our next matchup it's at home and I think we've got a GREAT shot at sweeping them. Plus, Warner has been inconsistent thus far this year (much like last year actually before the playoffs).

We don't need to worry about Arizona, we just need to worry about correcting out own issues and we'll take this division.

I take it you did not see Warner play in seattle this past Sunday. They didn't run the ball very well but the passing game was impressive.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Originally posted by ramanz16:
We're still in the driver's seat with the tiebreaker, and although we won't sneak up on them in our next matchup it's at home and I think we've got a GREAT shot at sweeping them. Plus, Warner has been inconsistent thus far this year (much like last year actually before the playoffs).

We don't need to worry about Arizona, we just need to worry about correcting out own issues and we'll take this division.

I take it you did not see Warner play in seattle this past Sunday. They didn't run the ball very well but the passing game was impressive.

Yeah Warner is actually playing pretty well right now unfortunately. He is completing about 68% of his passes.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Unfortunately the Cardinals shook their Super Bowl hangover sooner than we all wished. The Niners chance of getting to the play-offs hinges more on the ineptness of their division rivals than their own abilities.
Originally posted by BobS:
Unfortunately the Cardinals shook their Super Bowl hangover sooner than we all wished. The Niners chance of getting to the play-offs hinges more on the ineptness of their division rivals than their own abilities.

You sound like you are ready to jump off the Niner bandwagon. This is not a bad team Bob. There is plenty of room for improvement but they have a good deal of talent to get the job done. IMO it's been the play calling that's holding them back.
  • dald1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Too bad the Cards are 1-1 in the West and we are 3-0.

But they are an impressive 2-0 on the road.

they were impressive but look who they played. Just wait till the giants take out their anger on them
  • dald1
  • Veteran

how? they are not nearly running on all cylinders
Originally posted by dald1:

they were impressive but look who they played. Just wait till the giants take out their anger on them

Look who they played? They beat the Texans, who we will probably lose to.
  • dald1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Method:

Look who they played? They beat the Texans, who we will probably lose to.

ur acting like the texans are a powerhouse team. They beat the titans and the raiders. Their only impressive win is cinci and ur acting like we dont stand a chance against em
  • B650
  • Veteran

Singletary, with all those years of having average-at-best QBs, is brainwashed into thinking that the QB isn't supposed to win you games. What he doesn't realize is that we aren't in 1985 anymore. QB is the most important position on the field, and a good one can erase many of the problems you're having. Steve Young masked how bad our OL was for many, many years. This team has to do much more than it's doing offensively to win games.

Anyway, I think whether or not we make the playoffs hinges on us, and only us. Arizona is probably going to go 9-7 or 10-6. We know this. It's up to us now. Do we want to hang around in games and hope our defense somehow finds a way to win it in the end? Do we want to win just enough games to hang around with Arizona, and hopefully beat St. Louis and Detroit the last 2 weeks of the season to win the NFC West? Or are we going to play to win and attack teams? I really think that we need that killer instinct as a team. If we play like we're playing to win, we'll win. If we play scared and not to lose, we'll lose. I really think it's that simple.

Hill, or whoever is at QB, must work with an opened-up offense. Of course, the OL has to play better. The protection has to get better. More holes have to open up for Gore and Coffee. We have a lot of weapons now with Crabtree out there. There really isn't an excuse as to why we shouldn't be putting up points. So if our offense struggles the next 3 or 4 weeks, something must be done. Hill has to be benched. Raye has to be fired. Something's gotta give, because we can't just sit back and pray for a miracle. Arizona is going to take this division unless we're aggressive, because they sure as hell are.

I still think we'll win the NFC West, but it isn't going to be as easy as we thought.
Originally posted by B650:

Singletary, with all those years of having average-at-best QBs, is brainwashed into thinking that the QB isn't supposed to win you games. What he doesn't realize is that we aren't in 1985 anymore. QB is the most important position on the field, and a good one can erase many of the problems you're having. Steve Young masked how bad our OL was for many, many years. This team has to do much more than it's doing offensively to win games.

Anyway, I think whether or not we make the playoffs hinges on us, and only us. Arizona is probably going to go 9-7 or 10-6. We know this. It's up to us now. Do we want to hang around in games and hope our defense somehow finds a way to win it in the end? Do we want to win just enough games to hang around with Arizona, and hopefully beat St. Louis and Detroit the last 2 weeks of the season to win the NFC West? Or are we going to play to win and attack teams? I really think that we need that killer instinct as a team. If we play like we're playing to win, we'll win. If we play scared and not to lose, we'll lose. I really think it's that simple.

Hill, or whoever is at QB, must work with an opened-up offense. Of course, the OL has to play better. The protection has to get better. More holes have to open up for Gore and Coffee. We have a lot of weapons now with Crabtree out there. There really isn't an excuse as to why we shouldn't be putting up points. So if our offense struggles the next 3 or 4 weeks, something must be done. Hill has to be benched. Raye has to be fired. Something's gotta give, because we can't just sit back and pray for a miracle. Arizona is going to take this division unless we're aggressive, because they sure as hell are.

I still think we'll win the NFC West, but it isn't going to be as easy as we thought.

... brainwa...

He is simply working with what he has. If he had Peyton you really think we would be running the ball primarily?

• B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninertico:

... brainwa...

He is simply working with what he has. If he had Peyton you really think we would be running the ball primarily?

Actually, yes I do. For all we know the next Peyton could be sitting on the bench, but we'll never know because he's content with Shaun Hill. He's a winner, that's why.

3-2 = winning. I guess I'm a winner too if my GPA was 1.96.
It is going to be neck and neck the rest of the season with the Cards. I think their schedule looks more favorable so we will really have to bring it. Here is how I see the next 7 weeks playing out:

Arizona:
AZ @ NY = loss
CAR @ AZ = win....... could be a tossup, but at home AZ has the advantage
AZ @ CHI = loss
SEA @ AZ = win
AZ @ STL = win
AZ @ TEN = win
MIN @ AZ = loss

So I see them going 4-3 in the next 7 weeks. Here's our schedule

SF:
SF @ HOU = win
SF @ IND = loss
TEN @ SF = win
CHI @ SF = loss
SF @ GB = must win!
JAC @ SF = win
SF @ SEA = win

As you can see, we are also very likely to go 4-3 in the next 7 weeks. Green Bay is a must win game if we are going to be in the lead when we play them again. I think that we will be favored to beat them in SF. That would put us up by 2.

The remained of the season is about even.
Arizona:
AZ @ DET = win
STL @ AZ = win
GB @ AZ = tossup

SF:
SF @ PHI = tossup
DET @ SF = win
SF @ STL = win

So we either need to win against GB and AZ to keep it safe, or hope that AZ looses a game that they should win.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blm7754:
It is going to be neck and neck the rest of the season with the Cards. I think their schedule looks more favorable so we will really have to bring it. Here is how I see the next 7 weeks playing out:

Arizona:
AZ @ NY = loss
CAR @ AZ = win....... could be a tossup, but at home AZ has the advantage
AZ @ CHI = loss
SEA @ AZ = win
AZ @ STL = win
AZ @ TEN = win
MIN @ AZ = loss

So I see them going 4-3 in the next 7 weeks. Here's our schedule

SF:
SF @ HOU = win
SF @ IND = loss
TEN @ SF = win
CHI @ SF = loss
SF @ GB = must win!
JAC @ SF = win
SF @ SEA = win

As you can see, we are also very likely to go 4-3 in the next 7 weeks. Green Bay is a must win game if we are going to be in the lead when we play them again. I think that we will be favored to beat them in SF. That would put us up by 2.

The remained of the season is about even.
Arizona:
AZ @ DET = win
STL @ AZ = win
GB @ AZ = tossup

SF:
SF @ PHI = tossup
DET @ SF = win
SF @ STL = win

So we either need to win against GB and AZ to keep it safe, or hope that AZ looses a game that they should win.

We better win the home game against Chicago because there's no way in hell we come out of Green Bay with a victory.

Who in the 49ers organization said this season was going to be easy?

Among fans, who thinks this season is going to be easy?

It sounds more like you're backtracking from your premature predictions following the 3-1 start.

I don't think anyone is taking for granted how difficult the season will be. IT'S FOOTBALL.
[ Edited by redrathman on Oct 20, 2009 at 3:42 PM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
While everybody was busy arguing if Alex Smith was better than Shaun Hill, the Cardinals quietly won another game and tied the 49ers for 1st place in the NFC West! Where is the outrage?? Where is the hysteria?? We have two losses in a row now and and things aren't looking any easier for the foreseeable future.

How confident are you that this is only a temporary setback and we'll be on top again before this season is done?

no we dont

What? I thought a bye week qualified as a defeat.
Share 49ersWebzone