Not a member? Register Now!

This team WON'T make the playoffs.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by miked1978:
Can you look in ur crystal ball and see what I'm having for dinner tomorrow night?

Spaghetti and meatballs.

Why are you always so unhappy SD?

I'm not unhappy. Just a realist.

See...............happy, happy, happy. I'm so happy I could burst.

I don't know you SD, but for years, your posts have always had the same tone, with practically every subject. Just my opinion, nothing special.

I don't take Prozac. I see the world how it really is and the 49ers how they really are. Some people have rose colored glasses on all the time. Not me. I'm a realist.

OK, lets get back to your theory of the Niners not making the playoffs.
You know San DieGO...that you put this thread on the backs of the Texans next Sunday. If we win you're going down...going DOWNTOWN by the hands of the zoners.

Who will you be rooting for next Sunday btw?

[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Oct 15, 2009 at 17:35:17 ]

~ A playoff team doesn't have 4 / 5 Offensive linemen who can't block. Please show me the last playoff team that has this....

~ Inconsistent pass rush.

~ Bottom ranked offense. Show me an offense ranked this low that makes the playoffs. There is no ability to pass or come from behind. Thus there is very little ability to win against good teams.

~ Lack of GAME BREAKING SPEED. Good teams have game breakers like the Vikings, Saints or Falcons for example in the NFC. They have guys who can take it to the endzone. We have guys who get caught from behind in the open field.

~ Very questionable game day decisions by the coach. Calling a timeout to give a pep rally at the NFL level. I mean come on.... That cost us when Delanies fumble that wasn't a fumble could have been overturned. That's not playoff worthy. Bill Walsh or Jimmy Johnson would never make a move like that.

Singletary as a motivator 10/10 - no questions.
Singletary's game day decisions 4/10.

That doesn't get you deep in the playoffs.

~ A QB that throws a pass like a punt and can't come from behind. Can only "manage" the game to a win if you are up. But will lose if you are down.

Another overrated year. 49ers fans are hungy for a winning program but these factors make us still a rebuilding team. Playoff teams don't have this many holes. Just watch the playoffs the last few years. They don't have this many problems.

I agree that the Oline is our biggest problem. However, I think only 3/5 lineman are struggling horrifically. Heitman and Staley are fine (not world-beaters by any stretch, but doing fine). Baas and Rachal are the biggest problems, with the Snyder/Pashos combo being abused a little less. Frankly, I think a shuffling of the guards would help improve the O-line enough to be pretty passable and reach that 9-7 mark.

Justin Smith has certainly levelled off somewhat from his early season intensity. Hopefully that comes back after a week of rest. Also, it seems McDonald has been banged up. The pass-rush has been a surprise and still needs work, but, again, it hasn't been the weakness we all thought it would be, and I think we can manage it enough to make it effective again.

We certainly need to get better on 3rd downs. Again, that could be rectified through changes in the line. Our ranking will go up accordingly.

Lack of game breaking speed: Josh Cribbs! But seriously, yes, a big problem with no solution currently on the roster.

Gameday decisions have been a mixed bag. I don't hold the "pep talk" timeouts against Singletary as much as you do. As I said earlier, its a tactic I've seen deployed by other coaches, to varying levels of effect. You gotta blame Coffee for wasting that time out. Or maybe Morgan for slowing down? Or maybe you DO blame Sing for that, because maybe Morgan was tired still from training camp...
I've never seen you say anything good about the 49ers, ever. You seem to be able to see the future though, would you mind sending me the lottery numbers for the Kansas power ball?
Originally posted by SJniner7:
All of your negatives come from game 5... At least that is what it looks like to me...

As for anything else, all I have to say is "any given sunday". The main reason I love football so much is because it is sooo unpredictable. At this point, they probably have a 50/50 chance of making it, which is far better than last year

We are better than last year in some ways. But I don't see how the O Line is better or the passing game. It's just as bad IMO.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

~ A playoff team doesn't have 4 / 5 Offensive linemen who can't block. Please show me the last playoff team that has this....

~ Bottom ranked offense. Show me an offense ranked this low that makes the playoffs. There is no ability to pass or come from behind. Thus there is very little ability to win against good teams.

~ Lack of GAME BREAKING SPEED. Good teams have game breakers like the Vikings, Saints or Falcons for example in the NFC. They have guys who can take it to the endzone. We have guys who get caught from behind in the open field.

~ Very questionable game day decisions by the coach. Calling a timeout to give a pep rally at the NFL level. I mean come on.... That cost us when Delanies fumble that wasn't a fumble could have been overturned. That's not playoff worthy. Bill Walsh or Jimmy Johnson would never make a move like that.

~ A QB that throws a pass like a punt and can't come from behind. Can only "manage" the game to a win if you are up. But will lose if you are down.

Another overrated year. 49ers fans are hungy for a winning program but these factors make us still a rebuilding team. Playoff teams don't have this many holes. Just watch the playoffs the last few years. They don't have this many problems.

I agree that the Oline is our biggest problem. However, I think only 3/5 lineman are struggling horrifically. Heitman and Staley are fine (not world-beaters by any stretch, but doing fine). Baas and Rachal are the biggest problems, with the Snyder/Pashos combo being abused a little less. Frankly, I think a shuffling of the guards would help improve the O-line enough to be pretty passable and reach that 9-7 mark.

Justin Smith has certainly levelled off somewhat from his early season intensity. Hopefully that comes back after a week of rest. Also, it seems McDonald has been banged up. The pass-rush has been a surprise and still needs work, but, again, it hasn't been the weakness we all thought it would be, and I think we can manage it enough to make it effective again.

We certainly need to get better on 3rd downs. Again, that could be rectified through changes in the line. Our ranking will go up accordingly.

Lack of game breaking speed: Josh Cribbs! But seriously, yes, a big problem with no solution currently on the roster.

Gameday decisions have been a mixed bag. I don't hold the "pep talk" timeouts against Singletary as much as you do. As I said earlier, its a tactic I've seen deployed by other coaches, to varying levels of effect. You gotta blame Coffee for wasting that time out. Or maybe Morgan for slowing down? Or maybe you DO blame Sing for that, because maybe Morgan was tired still from training camp...

Improving the Oline would help the most. I'm not sure we can get it done this year.
Although this team is improved in some categories it is still a rebuilding project in many and very overrated on the WZ IMO. Let's look at the games and schedule for starters. Then we will look at other issues effecting this team. The reasons why we aren't a playoff caliber team I state below at the bottom of the post.

1) Cardinals (WIN) - they were missing key players at the time they played us and will be tougher next time.

2) Seahawks (WIN) - A very poor team this year and some key injuries.

3) Vikings (LOSS) - An elite team and they beat us. Say what you want about playing almost good enough. They beat us.

4) Rams (WIN) - When and NFL team plays a college team you are supposed to win.

5) Falcons (BIG LOSS) - A very good team beat us soundly in every aspect of the game.

6) At Texans - (loss).
7) At Colts - (big loss).
8) Titans (win).
9) Bears (loss). Cutler vs. Hill...
10) At Packers (loss).
11) Jaguars (win).
12) At Seattle (loss). They will play better at home.
13) Cardinals (loss). Getting some key players back now.
14) At Eagles (big loss).
15) Lions (win).
16) At Rams (win). You are supposed to beat college teams.

7 - 9 is what we are looking at as a best case scenario.

Also look at these things.

I bet no one in the world would have thought AZ would have made the SB...but they did. Anything can happen
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

For the 2009 - 2010 season this is what I predict.

1 - 15.

The #2 pick in the draft behind the 0 - 16 Lions.

-9fA

Improving the Oline would help the most. I'm not sure we can get it done this year.

(misread what you wrote the first time)

I think we can do just enough to patch it up and get to 9 wins. we need to make some major fixes this offseason. Wragge is a definite upgrade over Rachal at this piont.

[ Edited by HessianDud on Oct 15, 2009 at 17:47:06 ]
fire the coach?
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Although this team is improved in some categories it is still a rebuilding project in many and very overrated on the WZ IMO. Let's look at the games and schedule for starters. Then we will look at other issues effecting this team. The reasons why we aren't a playoff caliber team I state below at the bottom of the post.

1) Cardinals (WIN) - they were missing key players at the time they played us and will be tougher next time.

2) Seahawks (WIN) - A very poor team this year and some key injuries.

3) Vikings (LOSS) - An elite team and they beat us. Say what you want about playing almost good enough. They beat us.

4) Rams (WIN) - When and NFL team plays a college team you are supposed to win.

5) Falcons (BIG LOSS) - A very good team beat us soundly in every aspect of the game.

6) At Texans - (loss).
7) At Colts - (big loss).
8) Titans (win).
9) Bears (loss). Cutler vs. Hill...
10) At Packers (loss).
11) Jaguars (win).
12) At Seattle (loss). They will play better at home.
13) Cardinals (loss). Getting some key players back now.
14) At Eagles (big loss).
15) Lions (win).
16) At Rams (win). You are supposed to beat college teams.

7 - 9 is what we are looking at as a best case scenario.

Also look at these things.

I bet no one in the world would have thought AZ would have made the SB...but they did. Anything can happen

Anything can happen. But does this look like a playoff offensive line or playoff passing team to you?
u mayb a fan but u aren't part of the faithful, with da type of faith you have. things may not be as good as we want but they r not as bad as it could b of nolan or some otha scrub coach is here(atleast not rite now). coach sing has done mo than nolan has in the short time he's been here. ur basically sayin that we r goin 2 loose all our big games n i don't c sing lettin that happen. the oline I agree wit but I have faith he'll figure it out like everything else. as far time outs go, i don't think it will work if he has to do it every week, but every once in a while i think it's coo. even at the pro level especially on the d i think it's needed. i seen d's on the verge of crankin, & the quick break is need(ex. late in da AZ game). u also can't blame sing 4 all 3 T.O.'s b-in use. sing or dis team may not be at their best but sing is a rookie coach & he's(& da gm)tryin to fix the fork up the yorks caused. don't no bout u but i've seen a more fiscal team and a coach who makes good adjustments. have some faith if ur a real fan. u can't tell me the team hasn't looked betta since he took over.
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
fire the coach?

Actually I think he is decent overall. A master motivator. His game day decisions concern me and sometimes his passion gets the best of him.

Motivator 10 / 10.

Game day decisions 4 / 10. A timeout to have a PEP RALLY that later costs you an important challenge... Amateur hour at best.

Yelling at opposing teams players instead of keeping your focus and compusure 2 / 10.

The Singletary passion and intensity is a mixed bag. That's all I'm saying.

And the personnel decisions leave something to be desired. Cut our kick returner? Chilo is still a starter?

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 15, 2009 at 17:52:40 ]
Originally posted by calinig4life:
u mayb a fan but u aren't part of the faithful, with da type of faith you have. things may not be as good as we want but they r not as bad as it could b of nolan or some otha scrub coach is here(atleast not rite now). coach sing has done mo than nolan has in the short time he's been here. ur basically sayin that we r goin 2 loose all our big games n i don't c sing lettin that happen. the oline I agree wit but I have faith he'll figure it out like everything else. as far time outs go, i don't think it will work if he has to do it every week, but every once in a while i think it's coo. even at the pro level especially on the d i think it's needed. i seen d's on the verge of crankin, & the quick break is need(ex. late in da AZ game). u also can't blame sing 4 all 3 T.O.'s b-in use. sing or dis team may not be at their best but sing is a rookie coach & he's(& da gm)tryin to fix the fork up the yorks caused. don't no bout u but i've seen a more fiscal team and a coach who makes good adjustments. have some faith if ur a real fan. u can't tell me the team hasn't looked betta since he took over.

the world needs more teachers.