LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 209 users in the forums

This team WON'T make the playoffs.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jrg:
Oh ok..I guess we should just stop playing now because SanDiego said were not gonna make it..

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
fire the coach?

Actually I think he is decent overall. A master motivator. His game day decisions concern me and sometimes his passion gets the best of him.

Motivator 10 / 10.

Game day decisions 4 / 10. A timeout to have a PEP RALLY that later costs you an important challenge... Amateur hour at best.

Yelling at opposing teams players instead of keeping your focus and compusure 2 / 10.

The Singletary passion and intensity is a mixed bad. That's all I'm saying.

And the personnel decisions leave something to be desired. Cut or kick returner? Chilo is still a starter?

Well his timeout worked against the Cards and Vikings and im sure if Coffee didn't make him burn a timeout, he wouldn't have done it. That didn't lose us the game though. Cutting Rossum, it was clear Rossum just didn't have it anymore and as far as benching Rachal earlier, it's not like we have great guys on the bench and Rachal is a young guy who played well late last year and im sure Sing thought he would get it together at some point and is at least making the change now. Nolan use to stick with guys no matter what.

We could do a lot worse than Mike Singletary as our HC!
Oh ok..I guess we should just stop playing now because SanDiego said were not gonna make it..

They should keep playing but the O Line and Coach game day decisions don't look playoff caliber to me along with the WR's and QB.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
fire the coach?

Actually I think he is decent overall. A master motivator. His game day decisions concern me and sometimes his passion gets the best of him.

Motivator 10 / 10.

Game day decisions 4 / 10. A timeout to have a PEP RALLY that later costs you an important challenge... Amateur hour at best.

Yelling at opposing teams players instead of keeping your focus and compusure 2 / 10.

The Singletary passion and intensity is a mixed bad. That's all I'm saying.

And the personnel decisions leave something to be desired. Cut or kick returner? Chilo is still a starter?

Well his timeout worked against the Cards and Vikings and im sure if Coffee didn't make him burn a timeout, he wouldn't have done it. That didn't lose us the game though. Cutting Rossum, it was clear Rossum just didn't have it anymore and as far as benching Rachal earlier, it's not like we have great guys on the bench and Rachal is a young guy who played well late last year and im sure Sing thought he would get it together at some point and is at least making the change now. Nolan use to stick with guys no matter what.

We could do a lot worse than Mike Singletary as our HC!

Coach SUIT was worse I will give you that.

They should keep playing but the O Line and Coach game day decisions don't look playoff caliber to me along with the WR's and QB.

Playoff caliber is all relative. We play in the NFC West.

Put your money where your mouth is.
This team is still a work in progress, and most likely will continue to improve under Singletary. I could be wrong, but if they do continue to improve, they have a good chance to win their division.
fire the coach?

Motivator 10 / 10.

The Singletary passion and intensity is a mixed bag. That's all I'm saying.

i was just kidding about firing the coach! i think our problem is really our QB... we need someone that can keep the offense on the field and convert those 3 down passes and keep our Defense fresh and we'll be okay. Hill can't scramble for jack when the pressure is applied. Smith can scramble but can't QB period...!i dunno... i just can't see our defense winning too many games for us... we played the lowly rams and what our D scored just as much as our offense? man that's speaks much for this offense!
fire the coach?

Motivator 10 / 10.

And the personnel decisions leave something to be desired. Cut our kick returner? Chilo is still a starter?

Hey take the year off or maybe a couple of years untill the 9ers are a SB contender.
You don't have to be a fan if things aren't to your likings

[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Oct 15, 2009 at 17:57:36 ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
fire the coach?

Motivator 10 / 10.

And the personnel decisions leave something to be desired. Cut our kick returner? Chilo is still a starter?

Hey take the year off or maybe a couple of years untill the 9ers are a SB conteder.
You don't have to be a fan if things are to your likings

you can be a fan and still question the team and its ability. You think Browns fans sit around defending Mangini?
Originally posted by 9erReign:

The NFC WEST is the most pathetic division in all of football. It gives us our only chance of making the playoffs IMO. In a real division there is no way this team makes the playoffs.

Can you imagine us in the NFC EAST?...

Originally posted by 9erReign:

The NFC WEST is the most pathetic division in all of football. It gives us our only chance of making the playoffs IMO. In a real division there is no way this team makes the playoffs.

Can you imagine us in the NFC EAST?...

Obviously we wouldn't have a chance at the playoffs in a good division.

Now seriously, how much you putting on the line here?
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Ok, that all comes with time.

Extra week of practice w/ the bye and a pissed off Singletary..sure RIGHT now, we're not playoff ready..but what teams are? Besides the elite teams of the NFL. Its a long season.

I think you also don't see the bright side of the picture that we went to the NFC Champions house and beat them in their home opener..won our home opener..should have beat that "elite" NFC team in the Vikings in their house if it wasn't for a bonehead play by Roman. Blew out the Rams, but that was expected. Got blown out by the Falcons based on Singletary not preparing the team properly. I think he/the team saw us beat the Rams 35-0 so maybe they took it a little light that week in practice..can't do that in the NFL.

We're getting Gore back and who knows how Crabtree will do..whos to say he won't hit the ground running? Adding him and Gore back to our offense will help A LOT.

I think you/a lot of 49er fans are still kinda down in the dumps over the ass beating we just got, but I fully believe this team is THE team to beat in the NFC West and we may not be the Vikings, Saints, Giants..etc..but I do expect us to make the playoffs.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
fire the coach?

Motivator 10 / 10.

Hey take the year off or maybe a couple of years untill the 9ers are a SB conteder.

you can be a fan and still question the team and its ability. You think Browns fans sit around defending Mangini?

who's defending?

9ers are a one legged team in a two legged race..
fire the coach?

Motivator 10 / 10.

i was just kidding about firing the coach! i think our problem is really our QB... we need someone that can keep the offense on the field and convert those 3 down passes and keep our Defense fresh and we'll be okay. Hill can't scramble for jack when the pressure is applied. Smith can scramble but can't QB period...!i dunno... i just can't see our defense winning too many games for us... we played the lowly rams and what our D scored just as much as our offense? man that's speaks much for this offense!

QB is a huge problem. Hill is not a long term answer. Alex appears to be a bust at this point (that's really too bad). The WR's are so overrated. I hope Craptree turns into something like we thought. We need him to.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
fire the coach?

Motivator 10 / 10.

who's defending?

9ers are a one legged team in a two legged race..

Share 49ersWebzone