LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

This team WON'T make the playoffs.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Also, in regards to the Pep Rally comments: Bill Walsh isn't here anymore. We all need to realize this. This is a different team, a different era, different coaches, etc, etc. Comparing Singletary to Walsh is just silly.

anyway, I've seen coaches call timeouts like that dozens of time when the game is slipping. Singletary isn't the first coach in the history of the league to do that.
Originally posted by montananinerfan:
please lock this pathetic thread!

i agree F this niner hater... arizona and seattle games are both winable... Houston and all the teams we face for the rest of the season are winnable
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Although this team is improved in some categories it is still a rebuilding project in many and very overrated on the WZ IMO. Let's look at the games and schedule for starters. Then we will look at other issues effecting this team. The reasons why we aren't a playoff caliber team I state below at the bottom of the post.

1) Cardinals (WIN) - they were missing key players at the time they played us and will be tougher next time.

2) Seahawks (WIN) - A very poor team this year and some key injuries.

3) Vikings (LOSS) - An elite team and they beat us. Say what you want about playing almost good enough. They beat us.

4) Rams (WIN) - When and NFL team plays a college team you are supposed to win.

5) Falcons (BIG LOSS) - A very good team beat us soundly in every aspect of the game.

6) At Texans - (loss).
7) At Colts - (big loss).
8) Titans (win).
9) Bears (loss). Cutler vs. Hill...
10) At Packers (loss).
11) Jaguars (win).
12) At Seattle (loss). They will play better at home.
13) Cardinals (loss). Getting some key players back now.
14) At Eagles (big loss).
15) Lions (win).
16) At Rams (win). You are supposed to beat college teams.

7 - 9 is what we are looking at as a best case scenario.

Also look at these things.

~ A playoff team doesn't have 4 / 5 Offensive linemen who can't block. Please show me the last playoff team that has this....

~ Inconsistent pass rush.

~ Bottom ranked offense. Show me an offense ranked this low that makes the playoffs. There is no ability to pass or come from behind. Thus there is very little ability to win against good teams.

~ Lack of GAME BREAKING SPEED. Good teams have game breakers like the Vikings, Saints or Falcons for example in the NFC. They have guys who can take it to the endzone. We have guys who get caught from behind in the open field.

~ Very questionable game day decisions by the coach. Calling a timeout to give a pep rally at the NFL level. I mean come on.... That cost us when Delanies fumble that wasn't a fumble could have been overturned. That's not playoff worthy. Bill Walsh or Jimmy Johnson would never make a move like that.

Singletary as a motivator 10/10 - no questions.
Singletary's game day decisions 4/10.

That doesn't get you deep in the playoffs.

~ A QB that throws a pass like a punt and can't come from behind. Can only "manage" the game to a win if you are up. But will lose if you are down.

Another overrated year. 49ers fans are hungy for a winning program but these factors make us still a rebuilding team. Playoff teams don't have this many holes. Just watch the playoffs the last few years. They don't have this many problems.

why call yourself a fan if all you do is hate and complain. how about this. WE WILL BE A PLAYOFF TEAM.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
In a nutshell....

If the OL doesn't play better this is not a play-off team. If they do something during this week and get the guys to block and the offense becomes consistent and sustainable we'll quickly lock-up a spot in the NFC West.

- must become better on 1st or 3rd down

- pass protection needs to be legitimate to force opponents out of run-blitzes and keeping 8 in the box

- if offense IS going to be predictable, we have to win one-on-one match-ups at the LOS and stop giving up so much penetration in running game

- Raye needs to identify strengths of his players quickly and find a way to manufacture offense

Signs that this WON'T happen? No changes on the OL.

IMHO, these must improve. Sure other teams are bad, but the 49ers don't have and offense that's arrived yet this season. 2 long Gore runs just aren't scaring anyone.

This is our biggest problem IMO. Playoff Offensive Lines don't have 4 / 5 players who can't pass block. That's unheard of and certainly not playoff caliber.
Can you look in ur crystal ball and see what I'm having for dinner tomorrow night?
SanDiego is making viable points that should be discussed rationally. All this "niner-hater" BS is pointless.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Can you look in ur crystal ball and see what I'm having for dinner tomorrow night?

Spaghetti and meatballs.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
SanDiego is making viable points that should be discussed rationally. All this "niner-hater" BS is pointless.

Thank you. Please discuss the points rationally.

Spaghetti and meatballs.

Why are you always so unhappy SD?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erForLife420:

i agree F this niner hater... arizona and seattle games are both winable... Houston and all the teams we face for the rest of the season are winnable

Nah, I should actually pin this and keep bumping it WHEN WE DO make the playoffs this year!!!LOL!!!

Hard to have a rational discussion with a poster who has a history of being irrational.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

Spaghetti and meatballs.

Why are you always so unhappy SD?

I'm not unhappy. Just a realist.

See...............happy, happy, happy. I'm so happy I could burst.
Originally posted by NickSh49:

Hard to have a rational discussion with a poster who has a history of being irrational.

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 49erForLife420:

Nah, I should actually pin this and keep bumping it WHEN we do make the playoffs this year!!!LOL!!!

Hey if we do better than I expect I will be happy. I'm a fan you know. I just see 4 / 5 offensive linemen that can't block and I just don't see how that is playoff caliber. It's never been playoff caliber before in NFL history. But maybe this is the first year.
The 49ers could make the playoffs because this division is crap. A 7-9 record could be good enough to win the div title. We don't have to be one of the best teams in the nfl to make the playoffs. Just better then NFC WEST teams.
Share 49ersWebzone