There are 163 users in the forums

This team WON'T make the playoffs.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Although this team is improved in some categories it is still a rebuilding project in many and very overrated on the WZ IMO. Let's look at the games and schedule for starters. Then we will look at other issues effecting this team. The reasons why we aren't a playoff caliber team I state below at the bottom of the post.

1) Cardinals (WIN) - they were missing key players at the time they played us and will be tougher next time.

2) Seahawks (WIN) - A very poor team this year and some key injuries.

3) Vikings (LOSS) - An elite team and they beat us. Say what you want about playing almost good enough. They beat us.

4) Rams (WIN) - When and NFL team plays a college team you are supposed to win.

5) Falcons (BIG LOSS) - A very good team beat us soundly in every aspect of the game.

6) At Texans - (loss).
7) At Colts - (big loss).
8) Titans (win).
9) Bears (loss). Cutler vs. Hill...
10) At Packers (loss).
11) Jaguars (win).
12) At Seattle (loss). They will play better at home.
13) Cardinals (loss). Getting some key players back now.
14) At Eagles (big loss).
15) Lions (win).
16) At Rams (win). You are supposed to beat college teams.

7 - 9 is what we are looking at as a best case scenario.

Also look at these things.

~ A playoff team doesn't have 4 / 5 Offensive linemen who can't block. Please show me the last playoff team that has this....

~ Inconsistent pass rush.

~ Bottom ranked offense. Show me an offense ranked this low that makes the playoffs. There is no ability to pass or come from behind. Thus there is very little ability to win against good teams.

~ Lack of GAME BREAKING SPEED. Good teams have game breakers like the Vikings, Saints or Falcons for example in the NFC. They have guys who can take it to the endzone. We have guys who get caught from behind in the open field.

~ Very questionable game day decisions by the coach. Calling a timeout to give a pep rally at the NFL level. I mean come on.... That cost us when Delanies fumble that wasn't a fumble could have been overturned. That's not playoff worthy. Bill Walsh or Jimmy Johnson would never make a move like that.

Singletary as a motivator 10/10 - no questions.
Singletary's game day decisions 4/10.

That doesn't get you deep in the playoffs.

~ A QB that throws a pass like a punt and can't come from behind. Can only "manage" the game to a win if you are up. But will lose if you are down.

Another overrated year. 49ers fans are hungy for a winning program but these factors make us still a rebuilding team. Playoff teams don't have this many holes. Just watch the playoffs the last few years. They don't have this many problems.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 15, 2009 at 16:39:30 ]
Im sorry, but 9-7 to 10-6 is still possible.

ARZ and SEA arent that good.

And Houston sucks, we should beat them easily.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Although this team is improved in some categories it is still a rebuilding project in many and very overrated on the WZ IMO. Let's look at the games and schedule for starters. Then we will look at other issues effecting this team. The reasons why we aren't a playoff caliber team I state below at the bottom of the post.

1) Cardinals (WIN) - they were missing key players at the time they played us and will be tougher next time.

3) Vikings (LOSS) - An elite team and they beat us. Say what you want about playing almost good enough. They beat us.

5) Falcons (BIG LOSS) - A very good team beat us soundly in every aspect of the game.

6) At Texans - (loss).
8) Titans (win).
10) At Packers (loss).
11) Jaguars (win).
15) Lions (win).

Also look at thsee things.

~ A playoff team doesn't have 4 / 5 Offensive linemen who can't block. Please show me the last playoff team that has this....

~ Bottom ranked offense. Show me an offense ranked this low that makes the playoffs. There is no ability to pass or come from behind. Thus there is very little ability to win against good teams.

~ Lack of GAME BREAKING SPEED. Good teams have game breakers like the Vikings, Saints or Falcons for example in the NFC. They have guys who can take it to the endzone. We have guys who get caught from behind in the open field.

~ Very questionable game day decisions by the coach. Calling a timeout to give a pep rally at the NFL level. I mean come on.... That cost us when Delanies fumble that wasn't a fumble could have been overturned. That's not playoff worthy. Bill Walsh or Jimmy Johnson would never make a move like that.

~ A QB that throws a pass like a punt and can't come from behind. Can only "manage" the game to a win if you are up. But will lose if you are down.

Another overrated year. 49ers fans are hungy for a winning program but these factors make us still a rebuilding team. Playoff teas don't have this many holes. Just watch the playoffs the last few years. They don't have this many problems.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

6) At Texans - (loss).
8) Titans (win).
10) At Packers (loss).
11) Jaguars (win).
15) Lions (win).

Another overrated year. 49ers fans are hungy for a winning program but these factors make us still a rebuilding team. Playoff teas don't have this many holes. Just watch the playoffs the last few years. They don't have this many problems.

Hassleback has been playing a little better and the Cardinals look better in some ways. We could lose those.

For the 2009 - 2010 season this is what I predict.

1 - 15.

The #2 pick in the draft behind the 0 - 16 Lions.

-9fA
lay of the drugs...you have us loing to seattle? and give sing 4/10 in game decisions? I bet you anything you cant come up with 3 ways he has made a poor decision the past 5 games.....

If Gore is healthy, we are definitely making the playoffs
Well thank you, oh football guru, for gracing us with your incredible knowledge...
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
lay of the drugs...you have us loing to seattle? and give sing 4/10 in game decisions? I bet you anything you cant come up with 3 ways he has made a poor decision the past 5 games.....

Calling a timeout to give a PEP RALLY at an NFL game... Can you honeslty see Bill Walsh, Tom Landry, or Jimmy Johnson ever doing something like that? Ever? That cost us when Delanie's fumble which wasn't fumble could have been overturned. That's rookie coach hour right there.

Singletary might be the answer but sometimes having as much fire and passion as he does can actually get the best of him. There is a downside to his fire and passion. He makes crazy off the cuff emotional decisions. Not well thought out decisions.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 15, 2009 at 16:44:18 ]
please lock this pathetic thread!

6) At Texans - (loss).
8) Titans (win).
10) At Packers (loss).
11) Jaguars (win).
15) Lions (win).

Hassleback has been playing a little better and the Cardinals look better in some ways. We could lose those.

We could lose every game just like we could win every game. We can still beat Seattle and Arizona, they aren't the problem when it comes to difficulty in our schedule.

Indy
Green Bay
Philly

Will be the hardest to compete against.

I still think we get to the playoffs and walk back into Minnesota....but this time, there will be blood in the water!!
That must be one nice crystal ball you have there sir.

Calling a timeout to give a PEP RALLY at an NFL game... Can you honeslty see Bill Walsh, Tom Landry, or Jimmy Johnson ever doing something like that? Ever? That cost us when Delanie's fumble which wasn't fumble could have been overturned. That's rookie coach hour right there.

Singletary might be the answer but sometimes having as much fire and passion as he does can actually get the best of him. There is a downside to his fire and passion. He makes crazy off the cuff emotional decisions. Not well thought out decisions.

do you not watch the games? if it wasnt becuase of the "PEP RALLY" in the first game against AZ we probably would have lost
thanks for the motivation SanDiegoCharger i mean 49er

keep the faith rolling everybody in here sure does luv it

Originally posted by montananinerfan:
please lock this pathetic thread!

Yeah we should just have RAH, RAH 49ers threads. We are going 16 - 0. Super Bolw win for sure...

If you don't agree with some points make an argument on the points.

What's funny is that Singletary did that exact same thing in the Arizona away game this year and you don't criticize him there.

The Cardinals were driving down the field. Singletary calls a "Prep rally" and huddles the whole the defense. The defense then holds the Cardinals to a field goal.

So when it works, you don't call him out on it but when it doesn't, you do. Double standard much?

-9fA
Originally posted by jreff22:

6) At Texans - (loss).
8) Titans (win).
10) At Packers (loss).
11) Jaguars (win).
15) Lions (win).

We could lose every game just like we could win every game. We can still beat Seattle and Arizona, they aren't the problem when it comes to difficulty in our schedule.

Indy
Green Bay
Philly

Will be the hardest to compete against.

I still think we get to the playoffs and walk back into Minnesota....but this time, there will be blood in the water!!

Those are definitely some of the toughest games.
Share 49ersWebzone