There are 178 users in the forums

When speeches cost us TD and turnovers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Mex49:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:
A) His dumb pep talk didn't work as the Falcons scored on a deep touchdown pass the very next play.

B) Later, we couldn't challenge an important play because we didn't have any timeouts left.

Blame that on Coffee who thought it would be a good time to get a drink when the rest of his team was running down field to line up. What Coach did was try to rally his troops because they were playing flat. Something no one can blame him for doing.

You are going to blame a Rookie but not the HOFer coach that put him in a bad situation to begin with.

What Coffee did was representative of the overall theme today, mental mistakes and poor execution. Just about everyone messed up in this chain of errors.
  • Mex49
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
A) His dumb pep talk didn't work as the Falcons scored on a deep touchdown pass the very next play.

B) Later, we couldn't challenge an important play because we didn't have any timeouts left.

Blame that on Coffee who thought it would be a good time to get a drink when the rest of his team was running down field to line up. What Coach did was try to rally his troops because they were playing flat. Something no one can blame him for doing.

You are going to blame a Rookie but not the HOFer coach that put him in a bad situation to begin with.

What Coffee did was representative of the overall theme today, mental mistakes and poor execution. Just about everyone messed up in this chain of errors.

Who is in charge of our over all theme, mental preparedness, and execution.

SAY IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OUR HC

SAY IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OUR HC

Lol, if the team cant do their part which was the case today they share the load of blame as well.

OUR HC

fail. our players execute...
but yes, MS should take some blame.
Singletary just stretched his neck over the chopping block.

Puh-leeze spare us.

This is a waste of bytes
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Adman:
Ummmm ban?!

How did his speech cost the 49ers a touchdown and turnover?

Did they score the touchdown while Singletary was giving a speech?

who are you and what have you done with ninerreign?
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
looks like ur neck is twisted towards something else because your not thinking straight. you blame singletary for that? the teams s**tty, selfish play today cost us the win, not singletary. the players were unfocused, selfish and sloppy with their actions

Wait right there, "s**tty Selfish" play is a coaching issue. Why are you defending him. were you this nice with Nolan

it is not a coaching issue because they didnt play like this the weeks before. they let the blow out go to their heads. do you think singletary told hill to aim at ankles all day and throw behind people, or tell receivers not to block, or told bly he could make an ass of himself if he ever intercepts a pass? Singletary has done everything right to this point, the only thing i dont like is jimmy raye and shaun hill but thats all we got right now. was i this nice with nolan? yes i was actually in the first two years before the whole alex smith fiasco and the false dreams he was feeding us, people are bailing on singletary after his first major loss. get over it
  • Mex49
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

OUR HC

fail. our players execute...
but yes, MS should take some blame.

We have the same players as last year, they fired Nolan last year when these same players pulled this s**t, and now you are telling me Singletary doesn't have the same responsiblities or guilt.
  • Mex49
looks like ur neck is twisted towards something else because your not thinking straight. you blame singletary for that? the teams s**tty, selfish play today cost us the win, not singletary. the players were unfocused, selfish and sloppy with their actions

Wait right there, "s**tty Selfish" play is a coaching issue. Why are you defending him. were you this nice with Nolan

it is not a coaching issue because they didnt play like this the weeks before. they let the blow out go to their heads. do you think singletary told hill to aim at ankles all day and throw behind people, or tell receivers not to block, or told bly he could make an ass of himself if he ever intercepts a pass? Singletary has done everything right to this point, the only thing i dont like is jimmy raye and shaun hill but thats all we got right now. was i this nice with nolan? yes i was actually in the first two years before the whole alex smith fiasco and the false dreams he was feeding us, people are bailing on singletary after his first major loss. get over it

So, the only thing you don't like is our entire O. Thank god it is just that

[ Edited by Mex49 on Oct 11, 2009 at 19:35:45 ]

did i mention our entire O? no i didnt. shaun hill throwing at peoples ankles and behind their backs is whats annoying, rayes playcalling isnt the best either but shaun makes it look even worse

Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by capsurvivor52:
Originally posted by NinerForLife:
I would put more blame on Coffee for leaving the field on Morgans long pass and not being ready for the play, which cost us a timeout because the personnel wasn't there.

I agree. A big rookie mistake cost us a timeout. A blown coverage cost us a TD. Not protecting the ball cost us a turnover. Calling a timeout did not cost us a win.

CALLING THAT TIMEOUT COST US A f**kING CHALLENGE. FALCONS GO ON AND SCORE AGAIN. IT f**kING COST US. DON'T TELL ME IT DIDN'T. SINGLETARY f**kED UP.

Calm down method. no need to freak out. take your meds and do some deep breathing then come back to the zone. happy thoughts
  • Mex49

did i mention our entire O? no i didnt. shaun hill throwing at peoples ankles and behind their backs is whats annoying, rayes playcalling isnt the best either but shaun makes it look even worse

Just for the sake of entertaining you, if you remove Raye and Hill from the Offensive equation, what then are we really talking about? WR dropping balls, our top RB always hurt, rookies lost on the field, or our O-line sucking.
Originally posted by ImMikeHunt:
Singletary just stretched his neck over the chopping block.

Wow. What the heck are you on about?

What are you English? The man is not bullet proof and the chinks in his armour are showing.

Holmgren/ Haskell in 10

This is actually pretty good therapy for me after this loss. Listening to people like mex49 give their brilliant take on all things niner. Some of the most nonsensical, although very entertaining talk I have seen on the zone. mex49, do procede...but first have another beer.
  • Mex49
Originally posted by ImMikeHunt:
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by capsurvivor52:
Originally posted by NinerForLife:
I would put more blame on Coffee for leaving the field on Morgans long pass and not being ready for the play, which cost us a timeout because the personnel wasn't there.

I agree. A big rookie mistake cost us a timeout. A blown coverage cost us a TD. Not protecting the ball cost us a turnover. Calling a timeout did not cost us a win.

CALLING THAT TIMEOUT COST US A f**kING CHALLENGE. FALCONS GO ON AND SCORE AGAIN. IT f**kING COST US. DON'T TELL ME IT DIDN'T. SINGLETARY f**kED UP.

Calm down method. no need to freak out. take your meds and do some deep breathing then come back to the zone. happy thoughts

Do you know or remember APD (Arguello Park Dogs) by chance. Have an old friend of the same name
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
his pep talks r getting old

lol
Share 49ersWebzone