There are 138 users in the forums

When speeches cost us TD and turnovers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Mex49
Singletary just stretched his neck over the chopping block.
u have to be kidding... ITS ONE BAD LOSS! f**king a. if we were 0-5 and this happened maybe then you'd have something to complain about. we're 3-2 and atop our division. just stop.

and im pretty sure his SPEECH didn't cost a TD and a TO. im pretty sure that falls on the PLAYERS.

[ Edited by chico49erfan on Oct 11, 2009 at 18:14:43 ]
I would put more blame on Coffee for leaving the field on Morgans long pass and not being ready for the play, which cost us a timeout because the personnel wasn't there.
  • ZRF80
OK..........this was a waste of a thread, but lets give it some purpose.

I like Sing's approach to the game; his toughness, his old school mentality, etc. etc.

And there are times when you need to huddle the team together and give them a peptalk. BUT what he did today was NOT the time. This is not pop warner football, folks. These are professionals who have played in MANY games in MANY situations. They know when to pick things up. Now, I can understand calling a TO because your defense is winded. Or even if the opposition is making a final gamewinning drive and you want to make sure everyone is on the same page.

But really....calling a timeout in the FIRST QUARTER to give your team a pep-talk ? Is that really necessary ? Could he not have just waited for the next tv timeout or at the end of the quarter. Wasted TO which led to Walker's non-fumble going unchallenged..........
  • Adman
  • Veteran
Ummmm ban?!

How did his speech cost the 49ers a touchdown and turnover?

Did they score the touchdown while Singletary was giving a speech?
his pep talks r getting old
  • Mex49
Originally posted by ZRF80:

I like Sing's approach to the game; his toughness, his old school mentality, etc. etc.

And there are times when you need to huddle the team together and give them a peptalk. BUT what he did today was NOT the time. This is not pop warner football, folks. These are professionals who have played in MANY games in MANY situations. They know when to pick things up. Now, I can understand calling a TO because your defense is winded. Or even if the opposition is making a final gamewinning drive and you want to make sure everyone is on the same page.

But really....calling a timeout in the FIRST QUARTER to give your team a pep-talk ? Is that really necessary ? Could he not have just waited for the next tv timeout or at the end of the quarter. Wasted TO which led to Walker's non-fumble going unchallenged..........

I am really too worked up to think straight and this thread was a little thin in substance but he cost us a turnover plain and simple.
Just out of curiosity, what do his players think about it... "He is a HOF, he is wonderful"

if i understand correctly, they could not challenge the fumbled kickoff return (which was clearly a blown call) with about 5 minutes left in the half because they were out of timeouts. The falcons scored a td to go up 35-10 (right) as a result of this.

I didn't know this and was beside myself (at a bar couldn't hear what the deal was) wondering why the F##! we didn't challenge it - the ball came out when his elbow hit the ground! It was so fu#@ing obvious...
Originally posted by Mex49:

Wow. What the heck are you on about?

• flow
  • Veteran
A) His dumb pep talk didn't work as the Falcons scored on a deep touchdown pass the very next play.

B) Later, we couldn't challenge an important play because we didn't have any timeouts left.
Originally posted by ZRF80:

I am really too worked up to think straight and this thread was a little thin in substance but he cost us a turnover plain and simple.
Just out of curiosity, what do his players think about it... "He is a HOF, he is wonderful"

Sing saw the same thing everone watching the game saw, a team playing flat and about to go down hill because of poor attitude. Unlike us though, he is in a position to do something about it. He took the time to address the team to pick it up and start playing like they are capable of.

As far as the "professionals" playing in today's game, that is debatable from their actions on the field. Everone was playing flat and with no emotion. It's like they believed the media hype and expected the Falcon's to be an easy win.
Share 49ersWebzone