LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

some of you make me laugh

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by NinersCluebat:
Originally posted by ramanz16:
The year we last won the Super Bowl the Eagles beat us 40-8. No, I'm not predicting we're Super Bowl bound, but I agree this game was a fluke and we'll shoot to prove it versus Houston.

Brother, I so wish I could believe you, but the year we went to the super bowl we had great coaches at the helm. We do not have that here. We have an average team at best and below average coaches on the offensive side of the ball (and I am not so sure about what we have on the defensive side).
I hope we can bounce back but we have a rough road ahead and I am not so sure what we can do to make things better.

In 95 who was our OC? Mike Shanahan. Is Jimmy Raye anywhere near that good? No.

Plus that team had Jerry Rice, Brent Jones, Rickey Watters.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sanfran49:
Originally posted by 190836:
Don't laugh too hard, we just got spanked for 45 points and you call that a one time deal? We suck, I am sure you saw it for your own eyes. Worst yet, Sing admitted to be out coached, and you say some of us make you laugh?

i bet you were one of those guys that was saying were gonna go to the playoffs and that our defence is SICK last week.... now you say they suck cause we got spanked. yeah we got spanked but i honestly believe that we just played like s**t and nothing else. im not losing faith over one game.

honestly, I am not, i never cared for Sings offensive philosophy and hiring of jimmy Raye. I said it before and I say again, as long as Yorks are the owners and as long as SM is the general manager, we will never win, But i really hope I am wrong.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Don't laugh too hard, we just got spanked for 45 points and you call that a one time deal? We suck, I am sure you saw it for your own eyes. Worst yet, Sing admitted to be out coached, and you say some of us make you laugh?

Has it happened twice?

Wasn't this the second loss this season? When was the last time we got scored 45 points at home? If you don't know, I'll tell you. 1966.

You said, "we just got spanked for 45 points, and you call that a one time deal?" Being that it's the first time that it's happened in 43 years, you do the math.

We're obviously not a good offense right now, but yes, the complete and utter overreaction makes me laugh too. We're an above average football team.

You mean you weren't expecting to go undefeated?!
Originally posted by ramanz16:
The year we last won the Super Bowl the Eagles beat us 40-8. No, I'm not predicting we're Super Bowl bound, but I agree this game was a fluke and we'll shoot to prove it versus Houston.

STOP RIGHT THERE. ILLEGAL OVERUSE OF PAST GAMES EXAMPLE.

THAT EXCUSE HAS BEEN HANDED DOWN IN THE ZONE A ZILLION TIMES. IT HAS NO RELEVANCE TO THE 2009 49ERS.
  • TopNotchNINER
  • Info N/A
i know that we got BEAT in every aspect of the game today and we played like sh*t!!! I just think its funny how EVERYONE was all over the niners n*t sack through the first 4 games and then ALL OF A SUDDEN... we play like sh*t (ONE) game and now all i hear is how Clements sucks, how coach Sings sucks, how our D sucks, etc.... its funny how after one game we all of a sudden suck.

Heres the reality, were a good Defensive team, we just played sloppy! heck, even willis, god all mighty, was silent today. Do you really think atlanta is that much better than Minnesota? than Arizona?... maybe a litle but their not that much better. we just had an off night. everything we did today was just OFF and un-characteristic of what we really are. on offence, defence, special teams, playcalling, using time outs.. everything was just OFF today. does this mean were better than them? no, not at this point but we allowed them to kick our ass!

this happens every year, every good team, or almost every good team has one of these losses per year. its happens, dont lose hope after ONE game!

just the nature of this board. don't get caught up in it. use webzone for what it's worth... the NEWS and ARTICLES that are posted when printed. they do a nice job of posting blog and article updates and i appreciate that; the boards are a mess.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofJimmyDean:

Has it happened twice?

Wasn't this the second loss this season? When was the last time we got scored 45 points at home? If you don't know, I'll tell you. 1966.

You said, "we just got spanked for 45 points, and you call that a one time deal?" Being that it's the first time that it's happened in 43 years, you do the math.

We're obviously not a good offense right now, but yes, the complete and utter overreaction makes me laugh too. We're an above average football team.

Above average teams don't get 45 points scored on at home. They don't brake down mentally like we did. Above average teams don't go 8 for 38 in 3rd down efficiency.

The Sky is Falling!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited by GodismyLight on Oct 11, 2009 at 18:23:03 ]

Has it happened twice?

Above average teams don't get 45 points scored on at home. They don't brake down mentally like we did. Above average teams don't go 8 for 38 in 3rd down efficiency.

Above average teams fail in various aspects from time to time, which is why they're not great teams. There was one team last year that gave up 56 points one game, 48 in another, 47 in another, and had home losses where they gave up 37 & 35 points, respectively.

That team ended up in the Super Bowl.

You can cherry pick whatever statistics that you'd like, but it doesn't make the argument valid.

Personally, I'm expecting a pretty wide variance in performances from this team, because that's what everyone but the really bad or really good teams do.
You know what makes me laugh? People who compare this game to the '94 game against the Eagles. That team had Steve Young, Jerry Rice, Bryant Young, Ricky Waters, Deion Sanders and a host of other Hall of Famers and Pro-bowlers. This team has Patrick Willis and a bunch of stiffs who have no business being in the NFL.

i know that we got BEAT in every aspect of the game today and we played like sh*t!!! I just think its funny how EVERYONE was all over the niners n*t sack through the first 4 games and then ALL OF A SUDDEN... we play like sh*t (ONE) game and now all i hear is how Clements sucks, how coach Sings sucks, how our D sucks, etc.... its funny how after one game we all of a sudden suck.

Heres the reality, were a good Defensive team, we just played sloppy! heck, even willis, god all mighty, was silent today. Do you really think atlanta is that much better than Minnesota? than Arizona?... maybe a litle but their not that much better. we just had an off night. everything we did today was just OFF and un-characteristic of what we really are. on offence, defence, special teams, playcalling, using time outs.. everything was just OFF today. does this mean were better than them? no, not at this point but we allowed them to kick our ass!

this happens every year, every good team, or almost every good team has one of these losses per year. its happens, dont lose hope after ONE game!

No sacks,int's,fumbles but I wouldn't call 12 total tackles a silent day.
  • Veteran

Has it happened twice?

Above average teams fail in various aspects from time to time, which is why they're not great teams. There was one team last year that gave up 56 points one game, 48 in another, 47 in another, and had home losses where they gave up 37 & 35 points, respectively.

You can cherry pick whatever statistics that you'd like, but it doesn't make the argument valid.

Personally, I'm expecting a pretty wide variance in performances from this team, because that's what everyone but the really bad or really good teams do.

Pretty talk, the same team that you are talking about is full of pro bowlers, who do we have except for Wills.
the packers beat the colts 34-14 last year....ravens lost 30-10 against NY, ravens beat the eagles 36-7, arizona lost 48-20 to phili, 47-7 to NE and 35-14 tom min (guess who went to the SB), the giants lost 35 to 14 to browns last year and the rest of the season was lost for them after that game

are these excuses? no... but just an example how games like these HAPPEN on a yearly basis to the best of them.
i just love how some of you are quick to jump off the bandwagon after one of the wheels comes off. i believe were gonna watch Sing jump off the wagon and start carrying it where the wheel came off and were gonna get back to business.

Has it happened twice?

Pretty talk, the same team that you are talking about is full of pro bowlers, who do we have except for Wills.

It isn't pretty talk, it's fact. And if you look at the 9-7 or 10-6 teams throughout history, more often than not they have a couple of ugly performances during that season.
Share 49ersWebzone