Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

start alex smith after the bye?

start alex smith after the bye?

• 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:
Originally posted by x49ersx123:
Seriously we need to stop it with this Shaun Hill vs. Alex smith deal. When your defense give up 35 points in the fist half I Don’t care who you have at QB it is very difficult to win. Let face it we are not a point for point team so we need our defense to shut down our opponent and give use opportunity to score as many points as we can, that really didn’t happen with Atlanta. I am not saying our QB is the best but it was the 5th game of the season and we are still over .500. Let just see how this plays out.

The thing is, if the offense could hang onto the ball for more than 3 plays, they wouldn't have been able to put up 35 points in the first half. Our offense is as much to blame for those points as the defense is. They scored 21 points in like 6 minutes. That's ridiculous. If our offense could keep a drive going, that may have only been 7 points, because good teams can chew up 5 minutes per possession.

The biggest killer of a good defense is a crappy offense.

And this one is about as crappy as they come and has been all year not one game has the o taken over
Originally posted by 49erfan27:
I would rather see smith start and fail then see a 2nd rate game manager qb under center and be revealed against elite teams like we saw today

Smith is going to do nothing. He's been horrible his entire career and has shown basically no potential to be good.

If any change should be made at QB after the bye week its to promote Nate Dais to #2 and plug him in when Hill struggles.

The only thing that Alex Smith will bring to the field is the PUNTER!!!!!!
our sack number will skyrocket, our turnover ratio will go nuts. I wish we would start him to finally shut everyone up. But then there would just be more alexuses. It's a never ending battle. At least till we cut his ass.
Originally posted by BAD_AL:
Originally posted by 49erfan27:
I would rather see smith start and fail then see a 2nd rate game manager qb under center and be revealed against elite teams like we saw today

Smith is going to do nothing. He's been horrible his entire career and has shown basically no potential to be good.

If any change should be made at QB after the bye week its to promote Nate Dais to #2 and plug him in when Hill struggles.

The only thing that Alex Smith will bring to the field is the PUNTER!!!!!!

I hear you and I second this. Davis clearly has more skills and a better presence than Smith, and he is younger, bonus. Smith would do nothing but give Andy Lee a workout.
IS ALEX SMITH REALLY THE ANSWER? 1ST OFF OUR OLINE DIDN'T HOLD UP, 2ND OFF WE PLAYED AGAINST MATT RYAN! OF COURSE OUR QB IS GONNA LOOK LIKE s**t PLAYING AGAINST MATT RYAN! 3RD OUR OFFENSE COULDN'T HOLD UP FOR 3 SECONDS! 4TH WE'RE LUCKY HILL DIDN'T THROW 10 PICKS!

ALEX SMITH IS NOT THE ANSWER!
Originally posted by alanbeez22:
IS ALEX SMITH REALLY THE ANSWER? 1ST OFF OUR OLINE DIDN'T HOLD UP, 2ND OFF WE PLAYED AGAINST MATT RYAN! OF COURSE OUR QB IS GONNA LOOK LIKE s**t PLAYING AGAINST MATT RYAN! 3RD OUR OFFENSE COULDN'T HOLD UP FOR 3 SECONDS! 4TH WE'RE LUCKY HILL DIDN'T THROW 10 PICKS!

Neither is Shaun Hill. Bluntly he is a scrub there is a reason he didn't play a down in the NFL for the first 4 years or get drafted - he is no diamond in the rough he is just a little smarter JTO minus the arm.

FYI Shaun Hill was never on the field when Matt Ryan was. QB's are not tennis players or boxers. They do not play against each other. They are one of 11 on one side of the ball (albeit the most important of the 11). Nothing Hill did against Atlanta, or in the four games before, had anything to so with the starting QB on the other team. The way he looked Sunday has ZERO to do with the way Matt Ryan played.
Originally posted by Gavintech:

FYI Shaun Hill was never on the field when Matt Ryan was. QB's are not tennis players or boxers. They do not play against each other. They are one of 11 on one side of the ball (albeit the most important of the 11). Nothing Hill did against Atlanta, or in the four games before, had anything to so with the starting QB on the other team. The way he looked Sunday has ZERO to do with the way Matt Ryan played.

so being 10-5 as a starter, being up over .500 this season so far, and throwing how many picks so far? ya... i guarantee we're not .500 if alex smith is starter and we'd prolly lead the league in picks for 6. it wasn't that easy to see that's who he was in preseason! SO YES... LETS START ALEX SMITH AND WASTE ANOTHER SEASON! I'D RATHER PLAY
NATE DAVIS!

we all know how alex smith plays with pressure in his face... three outcomes! fumble, interception, injury! he's great at all three!

atleast hill has been incomplete, sack! i'd rather have that!

[ Edited by alanbeez22 on Oct 13, 2009 at 10:40:54 ]
Hill was ranked pretty high before this game. You guys need to take a step back and see how the NFL actually works. Hill isn't on that thin of ice
Originally posted by Sugatis:

Neither is Shaun Hill. Bluntly he is a scrub there is a reason he didn't play a down in the NFL for the first 4 years or get drafted - he is no diamond in the rough he is just a little smarter JTO minus the arm.

But even if true, the idea behind replacing someone is to improve the position. Is Alex Smith really going to make them better if he gets called up? Is the rest of the offense going to respond to him, be in sync with him? Or will they be making a bad situation worse. Knee jerk reactions don't usually improve a bad situation.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Youngone:
Hill was ranked pretty high before this game. You guys need to take a step back and see how the NFL actually works. Hill isn't on that thin of ice

Because we don't have anyone else better, and his ranking has been coming down every week. he will finish as a bottom 5 starting QB by the time the season is over.

ya... everyone is calling for shaun hills head! stupid... he has 2 picks after 5 games guys! 2 freakin picks! especially with the pressure defenses are putting on him... just like i said... if alex smith is our starter i guarantee 49ers lead the league in picks for 6!
Originally posted by pd24:

Because we don't have anyone else better, and his ranking has been coming down every week. he will finish as a bottom 5 starting QB by the time the season is over.

Guaranteed.
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Originally posted by Sugatis:

But even if true, the idea behind replacing someone is to improve the position. Is Alex Smith really going to make them better if he gets called up? Is the rest of the offense going to respond to him, be in sync with him? Or will they be making a bad situation worse. Knee jerk reactions don't usually improve a bad situation.

I don't think it's a knee jerk reaction after five piss-poor games. It's not like the ATL game was the first poor performance of Hill's. It was just the most pronounced because of the score and the fact that he was allowed to throw the ball more than any game previous.
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by pd24:

Guaranteed.

i beg to differ! if our line starts to play, we get gore back in 2 weeks, and we have crabs and brandon jones should be 100% by the texans! i think you guys are over reacting from the falcons game! alot of football left guys! lets bank on who got us to 3-2! they aint gonna bench shaun hill till he gets benched mid game!