There are 87 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

start alex smith after the bye?

start alex smith after the bye?

Originally posted by MaliCali:
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by MaliCali:
All i know is a quarterback with our first pick in the draft this year is looking quite delicious...

Bradford or McCoy? Accurate as balls, great measureables, Hell yes i love them both

Tebow in the 2nd or 3rd? Has a better arm than hill, more athletic, has the best intangibles at the position in the draft, and a Singletary kinda guy...not to mention he has exactly the same bad rap on him Young had coming out of BYU..

Not sold on McCoy.

honestly every time i see Shaun Hill throw a football that has zero spiral or zip on it, i get really jealous whenever i see these beautiful throws, that are actually just regular throws that an NFL quarterback should make...ala the Nate Davis factor, he throws balls the way any NFL quarterback should throw them, we just arent used to that...

Well the team could pay me 100k to step under Center. I couldn't be any worse than that spaghetti arm. I throw just as far but I got some zip and a tight spiral. Of course I've been throwin a Football since I was about 8.Hell people think Smith has small hands? I guarantee mine are smaller.

I kid of course but that's to illustrate that our Super Soldier QB has probably played the game just as long and still can't figure out that the fingers go on the laces and that you pull your fingers down as your arm goes forward. Like the string on a yo-yo. Hell the man has decent sized hands no less. He should be able to put his first finger right on the tip and grasp the thing on the laces with the rest of his fingers evenly spaced.

If I the average Joe schmoe can throw a spiral, this guy can throw one. Maybe I should offer my services to teach him. So maybe I don't have to cringe each and every time he puts one up there.

Oh and YES it was a team loss, but don't people get that MAYBE the team is finally getting that Hill is not QB1 material? We're at 5 games now. How many passes has he put down the field on the average per game? What, one? Two?

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Oct 13, 2009 at 05:38:21 ]
Originally posted by richierich:
Everyone is so quick to panic. Remember, Gore did not play the last 3 games (1 carry in the Vikings game) and he's a very important offensive player. Without him, the 9ers don't have their best runningback, top receiver, and one of their best blockers. Without him it's very easy to gameplan against the 9ers.

I like Gore but I don't think that even he could have bailed out the Offensively inept in that game. It WAS that bad.

~Ceadder
I CAN HAZ CHAD HENNE????
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by richierich:
Everyone is so quick to panic. Remember, Gore did not play the last 3 games (1 carry in the Vikings game) and he's a very important offensive player. Without him, the 9ers don't have their best runningback, top receiver, and one of their best blockers. Without him it's very easy to gameplan against the 9ers.

I like Gore but I don't think that even he could have bailed out the Offensively inept in that game. It WAS that bad.

~Ceadder

Ok so instead of those bad communication passes to Vernon Davis, don't you think Gore would've been an option? Plus he could've really helped on blitz pickups. Who knows how much the offense could've gotten into rhythm the past few weeks.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:


I kid of course but that's to illustrate that our Super Soldier QB has probably played the game just as long and still can't figure out that the fingers go on the laces and that you pull your fingers down as your arm goes forward. Like the string on a yo-yo. Hell the man has decent sized hands no less. He should be able to put his first finger right on the tip and grasp the thing on the laces with the rest of his fingers evenly spaced.

If I the average Joe schmoe can throw a spiral, this guy can throw one. Maybe I should offer my services to teach him. So maybe I don't have to cringe each and every time he puts one up there.


~Ceadder

Nate Davis doesn't use the laces.
  • x49ersx123
  • Info N/A
Seriously we need to stop it with this Shaun Hill vs. Alex smith deal. When your defense give up 35 points in the fist half I Don’t care who you have at QB it is very difficult to win. Let face it we are not a point for point team so we need our defense to shut down our opponent and give use opportunity to score as many points as we can, that really didn’t happen with Atlanta. I am not saying our QB is the best but it was the 5th game of the season and we are still over .500. Let just see how this plays out.
Hill will remain the starter and we will continue to lose to good teams throughout the year. Shaun Hill is a game manager, because he has smarts. Outside of that he has nothing. As far as a skill set a qb SHOULD have he has NOTHING. He is not mobile, he holds on to the ball too long and takes sacks, he throws a spiral maybe once a game if he's lucky, his release is so low that it gets knocked down at the line of scrimagge often. The list could go on but yes he has heart and he doesn't make mistakes that often. We dont' need a safety gap at QB we need someone that can take pressure off Gore and the running game by throwing a 50 yard pass to Crabtree/Jones/Morgan. The pass doesn't need to be completed but it's sending that message that if you continue to stack up the box with 8-9 men we will throw the ball deep. When teams play Shaun Hill they laugh, he can't throw a good ball past 15 yards so teams stack the box shut out the running game and force him to throw. Most of his completions are RB and TE. Not sure about you but I think we are maybe the ONLY team in the NFL where our wide receivers don't get a chance to catch 4-5 balls a game? BECAUSE HE DOESNT HAVE THE ARM STRENGTH :( But Alex Smith isn't really the answer lol hate to say it we dont have a "good" qb on this team yet. I will not say Nate Davis because he's young and I don't want to see him in there yet.
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by richierich:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:


I kid of course but that's to illustrate that our Super Soldier QB has probably played the game just as long and still can't figure out that the fingers go on the laces and that you pull your fingers down as your arm goes forward. Like the string on a yo-yo. Hell the man has decent sized hands no less. He should be able to put his first finger right on the tip and grasp the thing on the laces with the rest of his fingers evenly spaced.

If I the average Joe schmoe can throw a spiral, this guy can throw one. Maybe I should offer my services to teach him. So maybe I don't have to cringe each and every time he puts one up there.



~Ceadder

Nate Davis doesn't use the laces.


And freakin fires a nice accurate pass, Hill won't be exposed until the O line issue is corrected and that may be never, people will continue to give him the benefit of the doubt because it's not his fault, just like with Smith , oh and he's a nice guy too
  • pd24
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,040
Did you guys see the Miami game? The last pass that Henne fired on a comeback rout about 15 yards down the field. Hill can not make that throw. You cant really win if the QB can't make throws like that.
Originally posted by pd24:
Did you guys see the Miami game? The last pass that Henne fired on a comeback rout about 15 yards down the field. Hill can not make that throw. You cant really win if the QB can't make throws like that.

i agree, and those deep bombs to braylon, were pretty also, hill cant make those throws either.


every deep pass hill has thrown this year, the receiver has to wait for the ball to get there, or cut the route short to catch it.

every td pass to VD this year, if vd didnt adjust they could have been picked off.

everytime hill throws more than 5 yards, i fear its going to be an INT.
Henne looked good last night he throws a tight hard spiral and in that last drive he through a 15 yard out and a 15 yard comeback PERFECTLY. Hill couldn't make those throws if he got paid to, oh wait he does get paid and he still can't so I guess that statement sticks. Watch every game he's played in his only throws are dump offs to the running back or short slant patterns where he doesn't need to put anything behind his throws. His touchdown to Morgan against the Rams, even the announcers were LAUGHING at how ugly his throws are. You can only hide it so much eventually it catches up to you. I would hate to see him play in Chicago with heavy wind WOW that would be BAD!
Originally posted by Thrash88:
Hill will remain the starter and we will continue to lose to good teams throughout the year. Shaun Hill is a game manager, because he has smarts. Outside of that he has nothing. As far as a skill set a qb SHOULD have he has NOTHING. He is not mobile, he holds on to the ball too long and takes sacks, he throws a spiral maybe once a game if he's lucky, his release is so low that it gets knocked down at the line of scrimagge often. The list could go on but yes he has heart and he doesn't make mistakes that often. We dont' need a safety gap at QB we need someone that can take pressure off Gore and the running game by throwing a 50 yard pass to Crabtree/Jones/Morgan. The pass doesn't need to be completed but it's sending that message that if you continue to stack up the box with 8-9 men we will throw the ball deep. When teams play Shaun Hill they laugh, he can't throw a good ball past 15 yards so teams stack the box shut out the running game and force him to throw. Most of his completions are RB and TE. Not sure about you but I think we are maybe the ONLY team in the NFL where our wide receivers don't get a chance to catch 4-5 balls a game? BECAUSE HE DOESNT HAVE THE ARM STRENGTH :( But Alex Smith isn't really the answer lol hate to say it we dont have a "good" qb on this team yet. I will not say Nate Davis because he's young and I don't want to see him in there yet.

Good points but the Jets just drafted Mark Sanchez, he started the season, and is doing just fine. My point is, sometime you have to reach to find what your looking for. We all cancelled out Shawn Hill when his name was brought up a couple years ago to subplant Smith with his atrocoius play. Smith goes down and Hill come in and wins with the same group of players Smith looked lost with. Last year we saw JTO stink the place up, and Shawn came in and tightened up the offense. Teams know who Shawn Hill is now. The secret was, there was no secret. We need use of wide receivers to compete, and Shawn just cant get the ball out there fast enough or far enough. His success may decline now that teams know how to "easily" stop our offense. Try Nate Davis, its not a foolish thing to say anymore. How many rookies are starting for their teams right now?
Originally posted by TheCatch:
Originally posted by Thrash88:
Hill will remain the starter and we will continue to lose to good teams throughout the year. Shaun Hill is a game manager, because he has smarts. Outside of that he has nothing. As far as a skill set a qb SHOULD have he has NOTHING. He is not mobile, he holds on to the ball too long and takes sacks, he throws a spiral maybe once a game if he's lucky, his release is so low that it gets knocked down at the line of scrimagge often. The list could go on but yes he has heart and he doesn't make mistakes that often. We dont' need a safety gap at QB we need someone that can take pressure off Gore and the running game by throwing a 50 yard pass to Crabtree/Jones/Morgan. The pass doesn't need to be completed but it's sending that message that if you continue to stack up the box with 8-9 men we will throw the ball deep. When teams play Shaun Hill they laugh, he can't throw a good ball past 15 yards so teams stack the box shut out the running game and force him to throw. Most of his completions are RB and TE. Not sure about you but I think we are maybe the ONLY team in the NFL where our wide receivers don't get a chance to catch 4-5 balls a game? BECAUSE HE DOESNT HAVE THE ARM STRENGTH :( But Alex Smith isn't really the answer lol hate to say it we dont have a "good" qb on this team yet. I will not say Nate Davis because he's young and I don't want to see him in there yet.

Good points but the Jets just drafted Mark Sanchez, he started the season, and is doing just fine. My point is, sometime you have to reach to find what your looking for. We all cancelled out Shawn Hill when his name was brought up a couple years ago to subplant Smith with his atrocoius play. Smith goes down and Hill come in and wins with the same group of players Smith looked lost with. Last year we saw JTO stink the place up, and Shawn came in and tightened up the offense. Teams know who Shawn Hill is now. The secret was, there was no secret. We need use of wide receivers to compete, and Shawn just cant get the ball out there fast enough or far enough. His success may decline now that teams know how to "easily" stop our offense. Try Nate Davis, its not a foolish thing to say anymore. How many rookies are starting for their teams right now?

Wait, When did Shaun Hill ever take over for Alex Smith?
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by pd24:
Did you guys see the Miami game? The last pass that Henne fired on a comeback rout about 15 yards down the field. Hill can not make that throw. You cant really win if the QB can't make throws like that.

Yes! pretty sad when you watch that game how weak Hill's arm is, I'm pissed at the coaches and GM for trotting that scrub out there week in and week out , it's not his fault he's just not very good