There are 214 users in the forums

start alex smith after the bye?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

start alex smith after the bye?

Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Instead of playing our offense,

let's play our defense. On offense. Who's with me??

hahaha im down,seriously.

And put the defensive coaches on offense too. I guarantee that our defensive coaches, out of sheer film watching, know more about offense than Raye.

[ Edited by DynastyChile on Oct 13, 2009 at 01:22:24 ]
Can someone please delete this beyond stupid thread? This is one of the worsts football questions I've ever heard.

[ Edited by waiting4number6 on Oct 13, 2009 at 01:23:25 ]
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
Can someone please delete this thread? This is one of the worsts football questions I've ever heard.

I know. Hill is averaging almost 180 yards per game and on pace for a blistering 16 TDs. Why are we even discussing the QB position, which is clearly set for the next decade? I'm optimistic that by the end of the season, Hill might actually learn how to throw a spiral. Then next season, he'll learn how to talk, chew, and change his own pampers. That's being optimistic though.

[ Edited by B650 on Oct 13, 2009 at 01:25:39 ]
Start Smith huh............. I guess. If you think Mr. Happy feet that holds on to the ball for way too long and misses easy throws will fare any better with that horrible O-line then I'm all for starting him

• B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Start Smith huh............. I guess. If you think Mr. Happy feet that holds on to the ball for way too long and misses easy throws will fare any better with that horrible O-line then I'm all for starting him

Can he do any worse? Can ANY QB do any worse? Seriously, I bet if we picked up someone off the street, he'd do the same thing Hill is doing, and then some (Jeff Garcia is one example).

Smith might not be do much better than Hill, but I think it's a legit question. The offense has been horrible this year starting first and foremost with the QB position. I seriously think that a couple more bad games from Hill and you'll see Smith out there. It wouldn't hurt to try and spark the offense a little.

What would I do? I'm so sick of the Hill-Smith debate, that I'd just put in Nate Davis and give him a simplified playbook. He can't do much worse and he has a rocket arm. He's also mobile. Mobile QBs are good when your OL sucks and are constantly being blitzed. I'm also tired of having guys rot on the bench. They're profession football players. They make millions of dollars. They can learn on the fly.

Garcia isn't with the 9ers anymore. But damn he'd be an improvement.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by B650:
Can someone please delete this thread? This is one of the worsts football questions I've ever heard.

I know. Hill is averaging almost 180 yards per game and on pace for a blistering 16 TDs. Why are we even discussing the QB position, which is clearly set for the next decade? I'm optimistic that by the end of the season, Hill might actually learn how to throw a spiral. Then next season, he'll learn how to talk, chew, and change his own pampers. That's being optimistic though.

This is a run based offense, he had one bad game, he's lost a total of one home game in his career, he wins games for us, I don't care what his stats were in that game talking long-term (funny cuz he was 3rd in QB rating in the 4th Q in the NFL, so based on those first 4 maybe we should of gave him a 5 year extension, using this stupid panic like Mark Cuban type lack their of logic) HE IS OUR GUY, period
  • B650
  • Veteran

This is a run based offense, he had one bad game, he's lost a total of one home game in his career, he wins games for us, I don't care what his stats were in that game talking long-term (funny cuz he was 3rd in QB rating in the 4th Q in the NFL, so based on those first 4 maybe we should of gave him a 5 year extension, using this stupid panic like Mark Cuban type lack their of logic) HE IS OUR GUY, period

He wins games for us? Oh man. If it wasn't for the defense, we'd be 0-5 right now. Our defense IS our offense.

I'll counter your next argument that he never turns the ball over from now. We lead the league in three-and-outs, so you might as well be turning the ball over.

He wins games for us? Oh man. If it wasn't for the defense, we'd be 0-5 right now. Our defense IS our offense.

I'll counter your next argument that he never turns the ball over from now. We lead the league in three-and-outs, so you might as well be turning the ball over.

So you just forgot to watch the Zona and Minnesota road games then I guess. I'll fill you in since you didn't see those game: that game in Arizona, our O-line didn't show up didn't give Gore holes to run or Hill time to throw, but when push came to shove when we needed it the most our O-line woke up and Shaun brought us down the field for the game winning drive. The game up in the Twin Cities he brought us back after we botched our kickoff defense and a rookie named Percy burned us, Shaun drove us down and connected with VD for their second hookup in the endzone, then we lose the game cuz of some dirty bearded old man who has a deal with the devil (granted our D could of played a lil better on that last drive in which we gave up the TD to the old man). Shaun is our guy he will help us win our division back for the first time in too long (7 freaking years), and hold down the fort till we got a youngin' southerner named Sam or Colt is ready to take the reigns. Stop panicking kids, we're fine.

Boo waaaaaa! I'm wich you bro! How does The Ramones tune go; "No where to go and nothin to do, I wanna be sedated. 24, 24 hours a day, I wanna be sedated."

That's what its like lookin at or O... Hill is NOT nearly the issue here, only a small one compared the Oline and play calling, and dare I say; Offensive coaching in general and total..

Nothin to do... la, la......

NINERS! For better or worst!

And we sure as heack are a POWER RUNNING team; why just look at our stats!
We can't run the ball for sh*t, take away Franks two long runs and his average of 2.4 is lower than Coffee's, who everyone is ragging on now, his 2.8..

It's a freakin mirage I tell ya..

Like Bman says, heck of a defense, let's let em start in place of the O!!
  • marls
  • Veteran

Can he do any worse? Can ANY QB do any worse? Seriously, I bet if we picked up someone off the street, he'd do the same thing Hill is doing, and then some (Jeff Garcia is one example).

Smith might not be do much better than Hill, but I think it's a legit question. The offense has been horrible this year starting first and foremost with the QB position. I seriously think that a couple more bad games from Hill and you'll see Smith out there. It wouldn't hurt to try and spark the offense a little.

What would I do? I'm so sick of the Hill-Smith debate, that I'd just put in Nate Davis and give him a simplified playbook. He can't do much worse and he has a rocket arm. He's also mobile. Mobile QBs are good when your OL sucks and are constantly being blitzed. I'm also tired of having guys rot on the bench. They're profession football players. They make millions of dollars. They can learn on the fly.

Any worse? Remember last year? JT O... Noooooo
Any worse? Forgetting Ken Dorsey?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think Hill is going to have to have a couple of back to back horrible games before Singletary puts Smith back in.
Everyone is so quick to panic. Remember, Gore did not play the last 3 games (1 carry in the Vikings game) and he's a very important offensive player. Without him, the 9ers don't have their best runningback, top receiver, and one of their best blockers. Without him it's very easy to gameplan against the 9ers.
Share 49ersWebzone