• B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by B650:
Quoting from another thread.

Quote:
Again. Really like Smith, but I'd have to see Hill play this bad for a second consecutive game to want to make a change. You give the player a chance to rebound, yanking him so soon not only doesn't make sense, it is completely unfair. Even the best QBs have terrible games.

Giving Hill a chance to rebound over the next game or two is the same courtesy I'd give to Smith or ANY of our other QBs. Yes, he played awful, but seeing how he responds is what is important. You always want to give them at least a small chance to turn it around. If he doesn't? Then put in Smith.

Except he's had 5 bad games now, in a row. I'll give him 8 and then he's out.

I think he played average against the Rams, but poorly yesterday. If he plays "poorly" again, then I'd do something.

no way he did good against he rams theyre D sucks and there is something wrong when your D scorees as much as your O

Playing average against the Rams. That's basically the same as playing below average.
Originally posted by GhostofJimmyDean:
All I can say is watch Sanchez tonight. Now imagine him on our team. See a difference?

Agreed. He's much better than Smith.

Much better than anyone we've had since 2002.

Agreed again. So why are people trying to replace trash with sewer waste? We won't be able to do anything about the quarterback situation until the off-season anyway.

Sewer waste has potential.

The potential to stink.

Sewer waste is recycled into water. Trash is just trash.

Quote:
Again. Really like Smith, but I'd have to see Hill play this bad for a second consecutive game to want to make a change. You give the player a chance to rebound, yanking him so soon not only doesn't make sense, it is completely unfair. Even the best QBs have terrible games.

Giving Hill a chance to rebound over the next game or two is the same courtesy I'd give to Smith or ANY of our other QBs. Yes, he played awful, but seeing how he responds is what is important. You always want to give them at least a small chance to turn it around. If he doesn't? Then put in Smith.

You tell 'em, Coach. Don't forget to bring it up at the next meeting.

Quote:

I don't think Hill has had 5 bad games in a row. This last game vs Atlanta was horrendous though. The Oline and Raye's offensive game plan has been awful 5 weeks in a row.

As everyone knows, Hill isn't the answer long term, but might be the best we have until either Nate Davis develops or the Niners get a QB via the draft or free agency.

If he has another awful game like the one vs Atlanta, then Smith needs some serious consideration.

Quote:

Only problem with that is you people keep acting like this is Hill's first bad game this season. It's not, it was his fifth. Hill has had 5 chances and looked sub-par in all of them...
Originally posted by Gavintech:
All I can say is watch Sanchez tonight. Now imagine him on our team. See a difference?

Agreed. He's much better than Smith.

Much better than anyone we've had since 2002.

Agreed again. So why are people trying to replace trash with sewer waste? We won't be able to do anything about the quarterback situation until the off-season anyway.

Sewer waste has potential.

The potential to stink.

Sewer waste is recycled into water. Trash is just trash.

Mexican water. You're not supposed to drink it, ya know.
  • B650
  • Veteran

Quote:

I will. Anything else you want me to bring up? Cheaper tickets?
Originally posted by 49Crabs:

Quote:

I don't think Hill has had 5 bad games in a row. This last game vs Atlanta was horrendous though. The Oline and Raye's offensive game plan has been awful 5 weeks in a row.

As everyone knows, Hill isn't the answer long term, but might be the best we have until either Nate Davis develops or the Niners get a QB via the draft or free agency.

If he has another awful game like the one vs Atlanta, then Smith needs some serious consideration.

You're not watching close enough. He played pretty much the same in Atlanta as he did in the other 4 games. Only in Atlanta it showed more because he dropped back to pass more than in any of the other games and the score was so lopsided.

In all of the games he's been missing receivers at all levels. The bad part is he's missing on the throws he was making last season. FOR FIVE GAMES NOW. Throwing at the receiver's feet, missing on short screens, releasing the ball way too late on routes... These are all things he didn't do last year which is why he was successful. He's done all those things consistently for 5 games this year and hasn't improved on any of his shortcomings to make up for it.

Shaun Hill 2009: When the limited become more limited by losing what they were once somewhat proficient at.

[ Edited by Gavintech on Oct 12, 2009 at 17:47:49 ]

Quote:

I will. Anything else you want me to bring up? Cheaper tickets?

If you could leave my number in the cheerleader's locker room so that they can pass it on to Dallas's cheerleaders, that'd be great.

Quote:

You're not watching close enough. He played pretty much the same in Atlanta as he did in the other 4 games. Only in Atlanta it showed more because he dropped back to pass more than in any of the other games and the score was so lopsided.

In all of the games he's been missing receivers at all levels. The bad part is he's missing on the throws he was making last season. FOR FIVE GAMES NOW. Throwing at the receiver's feet, missing on short screens, releasing the ball way too late on routes... These are all things he didn't do last year which is why he was successful. He's done all those things consistently for 5 games this year and hasn't improved on any of his shortcomings to make up for it.

Shaun Hill 2009: When the limited become more limited by losing what they were once somewhat proficient at.

You've convinced me. Shaun Hill should remain the starter.

Quote:

You've convinced me. Shaun Hill should remain the starter.

lol
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Wow....as of right now....the poll says we are split 50/50 with ovr 1800 vote....
Originally posted by Nes49:
Wow....as of right now....the poll says we are split 50/50 with ovr 1800 vote....

Thats crazy...Id rather take a chance on Nate than every see Alex start another game for us.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jones49:

Thats crazy...Id rather take a chance on Nate than every see Alex start another game for us.

If the poll was Nate Davis vs. Shaun Hill, Hill would probably lose.
Originally posted by jones49:

If the poll was Nate Davis vs. Shaun Hill, Hill would probably lose.

If we lose to the Texans ( we'll be 3-4 after we lose to the Colts), then just throw Nate in.
Share 49ersWebzone