LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 147 users in the forums

start alex smith after the bye?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

start alex smith after the bye?

Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
I don't think Hill should be benched but it would be interesting to see Smith with this team.

Oh well...there's always Madden.

Hill sucks in Madden too
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
you guys justify Hill with bad oline, but Alex smith had Honas Jennings and Kwamae Harris as his tackes

Seriously! (even though Jennings was pretty good in 06')

not to mention no bruce or morgan and davis couldnt catch s**t then either
Hill would probably do OK in a bar league, but the NFL is no bar league.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by Ninerman49:
Originally posted by 49erfan27:
I would rather see smith start and fail then see a 2nd rate game manager qb under center and be revealed against elite teams like we saw today

thank you... I completely agree

Then why put in Smith? In case all of you Smith homers forgot. HE IS WORSE THAN HILL. Heck, Smith can't even do what Hill has done. If he could, he would be PLAYING, don't ya think?? Smith doesn't give us a better chance than Hill. WOW.

HOW DO YOU KNOW?? before smith went down for the first time he was also 2-1 as a starter, and let the team 80 sum yards with the last minute against arizona cardinals. then he broke his shoulder. HE SHOWED ALOT OF UPSIDE

Hill never has good stats so any quarterback can basically do what he can.. HILL'S PHILOSOPHY IS THIS... if no one is open, dont try to make anything happen.. just take the sack.. anyone can do this... im sorry alex smith trys to make something happen for once... ON top of this, HILL has a noodle arm and runs as fast as a turtle... At least alex is athletic..

If you enjoy no production from the QB position, then i understand why you like hill
you guys justify Hill with bad oline, but Alex smith had Honas Jennings and Kwamae Harris as his tackes

Lets compare the 2006 with the 2009 line:
Jennings (when healthy) > Staley
Allen >>>>>>> Baas
Center =
Smiley >>>> Rachal
Harris < Snyder (Harris is a dominating run block, but a lousy pass blocker, while Snyder is bad a both. But whatever)

Seems to me the 06 line is much better.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by 49erfan27:
I would rather see smith start and fail then see a 2nd rate game manager qb under center and be revealed against elite teams like we saw today

thank you... I completely agree

Then why put in Smith? In case all of you Smith homers forgot. HE IS WORSE THAN HILL. Heck, Smith can't even do what Hill has done. If he could, he would be PLAYING, don't ya think?? Smith doesn't give us a better chance than Hill. WOW.

HOW DO YOU KNOW?? before smith went down for the first time he was also 2-1 as a starter, and let the team 80 sum yards with the last minute against arizona cardinals. then he broke his shoulder. HE SHOWED ALOT OF UPSIDE

Hill never has good stats so any quarterback can basically do what he can.. HILL'S PHILOSOPHY IS THIS... if no one is open, dont try to make anything happen.. just take the sack.. anyone can do this... im sorry alex smith trys to make something happen for once... ON top of this, HILL has a noodle arm and runs as fast as a turtle... At least alex is athletic..

If you enjoy no production from the QB position, then i understand why you like hill

ive been trying to say that for a while none of the WR we had then wouldve started now OL was way worse the D didnt lead the team like it is now but they dont understand s**t they just dont know much about football
Tune in tomorrow as we find reasons to bench Willis.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:

Unlike Hill, he's actually producing.
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:

Unlike Hill, he's actually producing.

I don't care if it is one game he needs to sit. Damit the whole team sucked against ATL. We should cut everyone and see if we can sign the SF UFL team.
Smith will see game time only if Hill is injured.

With the defense we have NOW, could Alex in 06 won 10 games for us? He won 7 with a crappy defense that was almost last in the league in just about every catagory. I think 9-10 wins with Smith and this defense is possible. I guess people forget that Alex did more with less...
Originally posted by pigskin:

Lets compare the 2006 with the 2009 line:
Jennings (when healthy) > Staley
Allen >>>>>>> Baas
Center =
Smiley >>>> Rachal
Harris < Snyder (Harris is a dominating run block, but a lousy pass blocker, while Snyder is bad a both. But whatever)

Seems to me the 06 line is much better.

LOL. First off Jennings is not better than Staley whether he is healthy or not. Second, he was never healthy. Other than that, I'd agree with you.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Wow! 45 pages of arguments about a bust QB who never was and never will be. Here is an idea: Play out the season, see what happens, and if it doesn't go anywhere trade for McNabb, try to snatch Brandon Marshall from free agency, draft OL in the draft, and get rid of the old bag at OC. Problem solved.

[ Edited by obx49 on Oct 12, 2009 at 19:29:14 ]
Originally posted by obx49:
Wow! 45 pages of arguments about a bust QB who never was and never will be. Here is an idea: Play out the season, see what happens, and if it doesn't go anywhere trade for McNabb, try to snatch Brandon Marshall from free agency, draft OL in the draft, and get rid of the old bag at OC. Problem solved.

Don't you remember back in 2006 when Smith was running around making plays, carring the team on his back. Walking on water and parting the red sea. How dare you down play his achievements.
Originally posted by obx49:

Share 49ersWebzone