LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Offensive post-game analysis (Week 5)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
What offense?

We were 28th and sinking before the game, I am afraid to look now. The 49ers are offensively challenged.

And with Gore coming back, things could get worse. Sing and Raye will be even more determined to run the ball into opposing defenses waiting 9 man fronts.
All I want to say is that at the end of the year we will have our 8th offense in 8 years. We are ranked 29th! Raye has to go he sucks and he can take the Oline coach with him.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by B650:
After watching a few plays of the Jets-Dolphins game, I've come to the conclusion that our offensive line sucks.

yes it does
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dmax:
After watching a few plays of the Jets-Dolphins game, I've come to the conclusion that our offensive line sucks.

yes it does

I've also concluded that WRs can make an impact right away sometimes.

[ Edited by B650 on Oct 12, 2009 at 20:27:19 ]
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dmax:

yes it does

I've also concluded that WRs can make an impact right away sometimes.

tis is true
Gores coming back, Jones will be in the swing of things by then, Crabtree has arrived and I believe that Chilo is going to the bench which should at least mean less mistakes w/Wraage. I also believe that Sing will pick a RT either Pashos or Snyder if Pashos gets the job I wouldn't be surprised to see Snyder start rotating with Baas at LG.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mex49:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Come on, Martz had an inferior receiving corp (Morgan was only a rookie) and he still made Hill look like the real thing. We moved the ball pretty darn well with him.

Martz must be getting a good laugh at this one. What if Hill had two years in his system

Hahaha...Martz put JTO in because he could throw to the deep routes that Martz whole system is based on. JTO could trow better than Hill in his sytem, JTO just couldn't stop making turnover's. His decision making was f**ked up. I'm fairly certain Mart'z isn't salivating over Hill. Now if you could somehow put Hills head on JTO's body, then he might start thinking he has something that would actually allow his system to be run with the throttle open instead of half choked.

• Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
We lead the league in three n' outs because all of a sudden, our same offensive players have decided to magically not play as well as last year?

Or perhaps it is Sims who we are missing? Was he the magic ingredient from last year that made our offense go?

You can't lead the league in three n' outs and expect to do anything.

Different coordinator, same players. Horrible result, hmm...

Did we not switch the blocking scheme this year to zone? I vaguely remember something about that. Could be wrong.

Besides, they sucked ass last year too, and the year before that. Did they not? The truth is 4 different coordinators have been unable to make this offense go. I'm thinking that's personnel when I see that.

[ Edited by Blitz on Oct 13, 2009 at 10:36:37 ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I dont understand why the niners have not signed a blocking TE. Especially since Sing wants to run the ball. Did anybody notice Delanie Walker get knocked on his ass when he was in there blocking. Also think the blocking TE would help in the pass game as well.
Well we do have one of the best blocking TE's in Vernon, but the pressure is coming right up the middle. Unless you want to move Vernon to OG, it wont help.

Make VD the blocking TE and make Walker the catching TE?
I agree, I was happy to see Bajema go but I think we could use him right now.
Originally posted by niners94:
Make VD the blocking TE and make Walker the catching TE?

No, Vernon Davis is the best and biggest receiving threat we have right now
Sing has said himself that V.D is the best blocking T.E he's ever seen. More importantly we need an o-line that can block. Although Gore will make the line (not to mention the whole damn team) look better as long as he can stay healthy. We'll see where we're at vs the Texans. If we lose to them w/ Gore It's time to panic, b/c then we have the Colts..
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
I agree, I was happy to see Bajema go but I think we could use him right now.

I remember when they drafted Bear Pascoe Singletary said I think we upgraded at that position. Well I guess he spoke a little to soon.
Share 49ersWebzone