LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Offensive post-game analysis (Week 5)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Kinda wish we'd kept Sean Ryan (who starts for Chiefs now) this guy could fill 2 NEEDS as a backup/blocking TE and FB... He played both positions and you get 2 guys for the price and space of 1... The Vikes have Kleinsasser and Dugan, the Steelers have a guy like this too.. This is gonna be the NEW "it " position of the NFL, as it saves a roster spot and gives match-up problems..
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
At some point fans need to accept the possibility this team is no better than it's been. I'm not there yet but stuff like this gets my attention

The 49ers are 31st in the league in number of first downs per game, a key indicator of whether an offense is percolating down the field or if the pot is full of day-old sludge. Only the Raiders are worse in generating first downs.

Furthermore, among the eight lowest-rated offenses in the league, the 49ers at 29th are the only one with a winning record. Three winless teams are ranked higher in total offense, or yards per game, than San Francisco: St. Louis (28th), Tampa Bay (26th) and Tennessee (17th).

For those that think Hill and Co. are fine read it and weep, they are not . Of course this can change and it better or I'm afraid it's one step forward , two steps back. We have 7 Wr on the roster and none are in the top 90 in the league , are you kidding me , and don't give me we are a power running team , they're not very good at that either , hate to be sour but this is unacceptable

until we get a legit QB, we'll continue to be mediocre.
Originally posted by 9ermj:
hate to be sour

Then don't be sour.

The team is five games into the season. Did you really expect the offense to come out blazing?

The problem with fans like yourself is your ability to trick yourself into think the team has an offense. Then, once the team didn't score 30 points, you're incredibly disappointed. Those fans who knew the offense wasn't very good from the beginning aren't complaining because it's par for expectations.

The 2009 49ers will win on defense, special teams and not turning the ball over of offense. They might get better as the season progresses, but be realistic in your expectations.
No running game + Bad Pass Protection = No offensive Production
  • Silky
  • Veteran
The offense will be fiiiiiiine
A better Qb may help with our porous line. Yet I'm more for upgrading the O line play than QB.
Shaun Hill is OK for now, he's not costing us games, give him bette rprotection and our Offence will be better.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by 9ermj:
hate to be sour

Then don't be sour.

The team is five games into the season. Did you really expect the offense to come out blazing?

The problem with fans like yourself is your ability to trick yourself into think the team has an offense. Then, once the team didn't score 30 points, you're incredibly disappointed. Those fans who knew the offense wasn't very good from the beginning aren't complaining because it's par for expectations.

The 2009 49ers will win on defense, special teams and not turning the ball over of offense. They might get better as the season progresses, but be realistic in your expectations.

Well, I knew full well that our offense was sub par coming out of the gate but that doesn't mean I don't expect the offense to improve over the course of the season. So far, the offense has actually gotten worse and that's ridiculous!
They are better defensively. They have a few more pieces on the offense, but team play no not any better than previous crappy offensive teams. They do need to get a real Qb one of these days. Hopefully they will finally get over their stubborn selves and realize you can't make anyone an NFL QB, you have to find a real NFL caliber QB. I was concerned on day one with Raye being hired as OC, and nothing has happened yet to make that concern go away.
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
A better Qb may help with our porous line. Yet I'm more for upgrading the O line play than QB.
Shaun Hill is OK for now, he's not costing us games, give him bette rprotection and our Offence will be better.

Everything wrong with this offense has something to do with the offensive line. Doesn't matter who the quarterback is. Wouldn't be surprised to see Alex Smith light it up behind a good line somewhere else.

Fix the offensive line and magic will happen, don't fix it and the playoffs are just a dream.

Share 49ersWebzone