• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by matt49er:
some is the OL's fault some is Coffee's fault, some is the game plans fault (no a rookie RB shouldn't need a FB let's just put 2 TE's out there all game long) Gore's back vs. Houston and hopefully our OL will figure things out and Crabtree can get some work.

I was at the game today sitting almost directly behind the niners near the endzone in the upper deck as they were struggling to go back and fourth.

There were almost NO holes or lanes for Coffee to run. Very dissapointing.

There were several plays where the commentators pointed out huge holes that Coffee missed.

Remember that report that came out this week that talked about how Jimmy Raye yelled at Glen Coffee for dancing around in training camp and trying to break everything to the outside. Ever since then, Glen Coffee just runs downhill INTO tacklers instead of even attempting to run away from them.

Running backs need to have improvisation. If the hole is stuffed, dammit FIND ANOTHER HOLE. Don't just give up and run into the damn tackles.

That's possible...its also possible that Coffee has poor vision.

isn't that what we said about robinson?

Probably true for both of them.

Most promising young rookie running backs at least have one or two carries that show their potential like Felix Jones, etc.

Glen Coffee has been very very unimpressive.
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
are you saying Raye's predictable screens (what is about 20 a game) are what is slowing down, making Hill a free target to opposing defenders that seem to blow right on past and through our OL? Causing Hill to throw the ball when receivers are no where near ready? Really? Is that what you are saying?

I agree....there is no confidence in Hill.

Do you honestly think that we'd be throwing so many screens if we had a QB with a better arm under Center? Shoot I bet we're working with maybe a quarter of Raye's Offensive playbook. If that.

~Ceadder

Martz had the same QB and make him look like the second coming.

He made him look like the second coming at a time when NO TEAM had film on him. That's due to not being a Starter in his previous years in the NFL. A whopping total of what 2 quarters of play? Mostly handing off the ball?

Now teams KNOW that he's the Starter they have taken the time to dissect his game and what he is or ISN'T going to do in certain situations. And more and more we are seeing EXACTLY what he was to begin with. A Backup. No more no less.

But hey if it makes you feel better, keep telling yourself the same old lies that has fooled most of the fans.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Originally posted by Mex49:
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Bruce should have retired

Bruce has dropped a lot of passes this year. He never used to drop any. I agree, he has played 1 to many seasons.

Everyone loved Singletary last year when he pulled the trigger on under preforming players, does he have the sack to bench another HOF.

Well if he really was the second coming of Walsh as so many in here think he would not have brought Bruce back in the first place. Walsh had no problem getting rid of people even if they had a decent year left in them. If I were Sing when it comes time to make that roster spot for Crabtree it would be Bruce that went.

Please tell me which Receivers have been out performing Ike. If you can then I'm on board. But so far NOBODY is able to step up. And alot of that is due to the reasons I outlined in the opening post.

~Ceadder
Powr Running??? I'm embarrased
Next game we have Gore back, no use in getting boo hoo about it for 2 weeks
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Next game we have Gore back, no use in getting boo hoo about it for 2 weeks

true true
Originally posted by bigmike55:
It's never a good sign when your quarterback has more rushing yards than your running back(s).

Hill ran for 53 yards.
Coffee ran for 45 yards.

I miss Frank Gore. Let's hope we fix our O-line problems during the bye week and hope Gore is back to 100% or close to it.

Thanks I needed that ------ but did you see the holes that Hill had to run through ------

[ Edited by 49ERwhiner on Oct 12, 2009 at 01:13:34 ]
  • Stuuk
  • Veteran
Even prior to the final 6 minutes of the 1st Half where we capitulated, we seemed to neglect the run, preferring the pass. I dont know whether this was specifically because there was no lanes but I believe at the time Coffee was averaging 4YPC.
Look at our O Line. How can anybody rush behind that? Gore's biggest game was Seattle and we always own them rushing. We are going to struggle no matter who the RB is if we keep playing on the line like this.
Originally posted by crzy:
When your QB has more rushing yards than your RB, it means you need to draft Jahvid Best.

LOL

Did you see the o-line?

-9fA

If the line was blocking worth a crap, coffee would look just fine. The whole interior of the line is weak.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
If the line was blocking worth a crap, coffee would look just fine. The whole interior of the line is weak.

It's nice to see fans who are paying attention during the games.

[ Edited by 49ERwhiner on Oct 12, 2009 at 03:35:50 ]
are you saying Raye's predictable screens (what is about 20 a game) are what is slowing down, making Hill a free target to opposing defenders that seem to blow right on past and through our OL? Causing Hill to throw the ball when receivers are no where near ready? Really? Is that what you are saying?

Do you honestly think that we'd be throwing so many screens if we had a QB with a better arm under Center? Shoot I bet we're working with maybe a quarter of Raye's Offensive playbook. If that.

~Ceadder

He made him look like the second coming at a time when NO TEAM had film on him. That's due to not being a Starter in his previous years in the NFL. A whopping total of what 2 quarters of play? Mostly handing off the ball?

Now teams KNOW that he's the Starter they have taken the time to dissect his game and what he is or ISN'T going to do in certain situations. And more and more we are seeing EXACTLY what he was to begin with. A Backup. No more no less.

But hey if it makes you feel better, keep telling yourself the same old lies that has fooled most of the fans.

~Ceadder

BTW, Hill had already started in a few games in 2007.

Those are not lies, they are facts. Great OCs develop their players. If you don't wanna talk about Hill, how about Warner, Green, Kitna, etc.

I'm sorry but Raye is a joke.
  • B650
  • Veteran

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

Those are not lies, they are facts. Great OCs develop their players. If you don't wanna talk about Hill, how about Warner, Green, Kitna, etc.

It's a combination of things. With Martz, Hill was a decent QB. With Turner, Smith was a decent QB. With Raye, Hill is a horrible QB. The combo just isn't working. Maybe if we had Tom Brady, Raye's system would be working. We don't. Something has to give.
Originally posted by B650:

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

It's a combination of things. With Martz, Hill was a decent QB. With Turner, Smith was a decent QB. With Raye, Hill is a horrible QB. The combo just isn't working. Maybe if we had Tom Brady, Raye's system would be working. We don't. Something has to give.

To me the problem remains the same: crappy OC.

2006 - Norv Turner - a MUCH less talented team, that moved the ball a lot better.

2007 - Jim Hostler - a better than than the one Norv's coached, and he still managed to field one of the wors offenses in league history.

2008 - Mike Martz - Moved the ball pretty darn well, despite the sacks.

2009 - Jimmy Raye - Virtually the same team Martz had, and a 2007-type offense.

Now, I know logic is not in high demand in Niner Talk, but when I look at tha picture, I see one variable that leads to different results.
Share 49ersWebzone