LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

Shaun Hill is Clutch!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
He is not costing us games, what more can you ask for at this point in time? Clutch?
I have seen nothing to make me want to have to count on him to have to win a game. We are a defense first team, so Hill will usually not have to be the one to win the game. As long as the defense keeps it close, we always have a chance. I think that any of our QB's could win with this defense having their back.

Just ran across this on ESPN, Clutch players don't end up on this list...

Overmatched Players...

Have you been watching the games so far? Hill has led needed TD drives this year and even *GASP* passed for a TD. I'd say that's clutch. Who knows how many he might have before the years over. He may even go into the crapper. But he is the answer for now and seems to be making the most of it. We all know why you hate on Hill.
  • Dreskee
  • Info N/A
People always say shaun hill sucks, or has a weak arm, or he cant throw deep. All I know is this when the offense is struggling and the niners need a HUGE drive to score and try to put his team in position to win thats what he does. Two big games on the road and he answers like a CLUTCH qb should. Sleep on the dude if you want but when the team needs him to make plays he does. 7-0 at home and gonna make it 8-0 respect his heart and his will to win over all the other nonsense!!!
Originally posted by Dreskee:
People always say shaun hill sucks, or has a weak arm, or he cant throw deep. All I know is this when the offense is struggling and the niners need a HUGE drive to score and try to put his team in position to win thats what he does. Two big games on the road and he answers like a CLUTCH qb should. Sleep on the dude if you want but when the team needs him to make plays he does. 7-0 at home and gonna make it 8-0 respect his heart and his will to win over all the other nonsense!!!

Don't forget he's also undefeated at home so far and that's a big plus in my book.
  • Dreskee
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
Originally posted by Dreskee:

Don't forget he's also undefeated at home so far and that's a big plus in my book.

Great minds think alike
He is not costing us games, what more can you ask for at this point in time? Clutch?
I have seen nothing to make me want to have to count on him to have to win a game. We are a defense first team, so Hill will usually not have to be the one to win the game. As long as the defense keeps it close, we always have a chance. I think that any of our QB's could win with this defense having their back.

Overmatched Players...

Have you been watching the games so far? Hill has led needed TD drives this year and even *GASP* passed for a TD. I'd say that's clutch. Who knows how many he might have before the years over. He may even go into the crapper. But he is the answer for now and seems to be making the most of it. We all know why you hate on Hill.

I am happy with the results Hill is putting up, it is all about the W. I just think some of you guys are getting carried away about a mediocre player. It is funny how some posters here are so knee jerk with their opinions about our players. Just because I want our QB to play better, make quicker decisions, not throw into double and triple coverage, and learn how to throw a spiral, it doesn't mean I hate the man. So far it hasn't hurt us, but our schedule gets a lot tougher the next couple of months, and we are going to need better play from the o line and Hill. I think Crabtree will help Hills numbers because he runs the bubble screen so well, and that is the kind of pass that Hill can throw. I don't "hate on" Hill, I don't "hate on" anyone, so please don't "hate on" me.

Overmatched Players...

This is a joke of a post. Read the article then post lol. I guess Justin Smith isn't clutch either. Get your head out your ....

[ Edited by natrone06 on Oct 8, 2009 at 19:46:33 ]
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A

Overmatched Players...

I am happy with the results Hill is putting up, it is all about the W. I just think some of you guys are getting carried away about a mediocre player. It is funny how some posters here are so knee jerk with their opinions about our players. Just because I want our QB to play better, make quicker decisions, not throw into double and triple coverage, and learn how to throw a spiral, it doesn't mean I hate the man. So far it hasn't hurt us, but our schedule gets a lot tougher the next couple of months, and we are going to need better play from the o line and Hill. I think Crabtree will help Hills numbers because he runs the bubble screen so well, and that is the kind of pass that Hill can throw. I don't "hate on" Hill, I don't "hate on" anyone, so please don't "hate on" me.

I'm with you, how can anyone hate having Gomer Pyle for your Qb but just because he's a regular guy doesn't make it ok to ignore that he is throwing into double coverage and he's a weak passer it's a fact doesn't mean you can't like the wins , the most frequent remark is " He hasn't lost us any games" yeah I should hope not, we saw enough of that the last year

Overmatched Players...

thats the most idiotic point of veiw anyone has ever tried to sell before...

whats Alex Smtihs winning % when the Defense holds the other team under 24 points?

Whats Shaun hills?

Whats alex Smiths winning % when the Running Game does not produce over 100 yards?

Whats Shaun Hills?

Yea....thats what I thought.... You dont want to answer that.....

Ill give you a hint...

he is has had 3 wins when the running game did not produce over 100 yards....

He AVERAGED

46%

108 yards per game

4.5 yards per pass

zero tds and 1 int

go defense....go Joe Nedney.....

[ Edited by Dshearn on Oct 8, 2009 at 20:06:40 ]

this thread has been
Originally posted by erndoogie46:
Originally posted by 9er_84:
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
Hill is aweful for a half and amazing for the other sooo.... he is nothing special

ALEX SMITH IS AWESOME FOR A QUARTER IN A SEATTLE GAME 2 YEARS AGO...and is awfull for the rest of his career..yet still wins loyalty...

HATER!!!! .......... How did you bring Alex Smith into this? U probabaly think Nedney is overrated and that Andy Lee is only good because he gets to punt more often than others!

Enjoy the gradual resurgence towards greatness that Singletary and the team (yes, Alex, included) are giving us, as fans! Or, go away and mimmick Rush Limbaugh somewhere else!

Who are you people, that can still be bitter?

Originally posted by Dshearn:

Overmatched Players...

thats the most idiotic point of veiw anyone has ever tried to sell before...

whats Alex Smtihs winning % when the Defense holds the other team under 24 points?

Whats Shaun hills?

Whats alex Smiths winning % when the Running Game does not produce over 100 yards?

Whats Shaun Hills?

Yea....thats what I thought.... You dont want to answer that.....

Ill give you a hint...

he is has had 3 wins when the running game did not produce over 100 yards....

He AVERAGED

46%

108 yards per game

4.5 yards per pass

zero tds and 1 int

go defense....go Joe Nedney.....

[ Edited by Super5 on Oct 8, 2009 at 20:38:33 ]
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Here comes the people claiming it doesn't matter because he can't throw hard.

flameball

Hill is aweful for a half and amazing for the other sooo.... he is nothing special

ALEX SMITH IS AWESOME FOR A QUARTER IN A SEATTLE GAME 2 YEARS AGO...and is awfull for the rest of his career..yet still wins loyalty...

HATER!!!! .......... How did you bring Alex Smith into this? U probabaly think Nedney is overrated and that Andy Lee is only good because he gets to punt more often than others!

Enjoy the gradual resurgence towards greatness that Singletary and the team (yes, Alex, included) are giving us, as fans! Or, go away and mimmick Rush Limbaugh somewhere else!

no actually i luv nedney and who couldnt luv andy lee really, dont care for smith ether way but i do hate that people would rather attach themselves to weak excuses as to why alex smith hasnt done what we all expected him to do rather then adimit that he just isnt a nfl caliber q.b. and as such hate on hill...and im not quite sure what rush limbaugh banter sounds like all im spittin is 9er_84 talk so take ur political themed insults elseware and if u wanna relate to me associate it more with sumthing from "the hills"

Ya Alex is doing awesome throwing at Crabtrees shins. Way to lead the scout team Alex.
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:

Ya Alex is doing awesome throwing at Crabtrees shins. Way to lead the scout team Alex.

When has he ever thrown a catchable ball lol. Heck he can't even do it in one on one with no pass rush.

Share 49ersWebzone