LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 232 users in the forums

Shaun Hill is Clutch!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
For all the Hill Lovers from Josh Morgan when Singletary was mic'd up for the Rams game:

Josh Morgan explains that a deep pass from Shaun Hill looked more like a punt.

Priceless
Originally posted by 9ermj:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
He is not costing us games, what more can you ask for at this point in time? Clutch?
I have seen nothing to make me want to have to count on him to have to win a game. We are a defense first team, so Hill will usually not have to be the one to win the game. As long as the defense keeps it close, we always have a chance. I think that any of our QB's could win with this defense having their back.

Just ran across this on ESPN, Clutch players don't end up on this list...

Overmatched Players...

Have you been watching the games so far? Hill has led needed TD drives this year and even *GASP* passed for a TD. I'd say that's clutch. Who knows how many he might have before the years over. He may even go into the crapper. But he is the answer for now and seems to be making the most of it. We all know why you hate on Hill.

I am happy with the results Hill is putting up, it is all about the W. I just think some of you guys are getting carried away about a mediocre player. It is funny how some posters here are so knee jerk with their opinions about our players. Just because I want our QB to play better, make quicker decisions, not throw into double and triple coverage, and learn how to throw a spiral, it doesn't mean I hate the man. So far it hasn't hurt us, but our schedule gets a lot tougher the next couple of months, and we are going to need better play from the o line and Hill. I think Crabtree will help Hills numbers because he runs the bubble screen so well, and that is the kind of pass that Hill can throw. I don't "hate on" Hill, I don't "hate on" anyone, so please don't "hate on" me.

I'm with you, how can anyone hate having Gomer Pyle for your Qb but just because he's a regular guy doesn't make it ok to ignore that he is throwing into double coverage and he's a weak passer it's a fact doesn't mean you can't like the wins , the most frequent remark is " He hasn't lost us any games" yeah I should hope not, we saw enough of that the last year

Interesting that you guys make an emphasis that he makes bad decisions of throwing into coverage. Accurate QBs throw into coverage, and hit their receivers instead of the defensive players. So far is he has thrown one interception in four games, and that was when Delanie Walker tripped on a deep sideline sprint.

No, Shaun Hill must turn every drive into TD's, like Alex Smith did.

That's ridiculous, you sound like a child, not even I expect him to end every drive with a TD , what do you consider reasonable 50% , 33% , 25% I don't know what percentage of drives have ended in a TD let alone a FG but I bet it's not close to any of these numbers

I would also bet that a lot of those drives stall out for more reasons than just the QB being at fault.
His 4th quarter drives agains the Cards and Vikes were a thing of beauty.
For all the Hill Lovers from Josh Morgan when Singletary was mic'd up for the Rams game:

Priceless

Let's get one thing correct...most of us veterans here are not "Shaun Hill lovers". We are anti-haters towards players that have been doing a good job when called upon to step in & play. I will defend all players that are helping this team win from the sh*t talkers on this forum.

Priceless

Isaac Bruce doesn't seem to have a problem catching Shaun Hill's punts.
He is not costing us games, what more can you ask for at this point in time? Clutch?
I have seen nothing to make me want to have to count on him to have to win a game. We are a defense first team, so Hill will usually not have to be the one to win the game. As long as the defense keeps it close, we always have a chance. I think that any of our QB's could win with this defense having their back.

Overmatched Players...

Have you been watching the games so far? Hill has led needed TD drives this year and even *GASP* passed for a TD. I'd say that's clutch. Who knows how many he might have before the years over. He may even go into the crapper. But he is the answer for now and seems to be making the most of it. We all know why you hate on Hill.

I am happy with the results Hill is putting up, it is all about the W. I just think some of you guys are getting carried away about a mediocre player. It is funny how some posters here are so knee jerk with their opinions about our players. Just because I want our QB to play better, make quicker decisions, not throw into double and triple coverage, and learn how to throw a spiral, it doesn't mean I hate the man. So far it hasn't hurt us, but our schedule gets a lot tougher the next couple of months, and we are going to need better play from the o line and Hill. I think Crabtree will help Hills numbers because he runs the bubble screen so well, and that is the kind of pass that Hill can throw. I don't "hate on" Hill, I don't "hate on" anyone, so please don't "hate on" me.

I'm with you, how can anyone hate having Gomer Pyle for your Qb but just because he's a regular guy doesn't make it ok to ignore that he is throwing into double coverage and he's a weak passer it's a fact doesn't mean you can't like the wins , the most frequent remark is " He hasn't lost us any games" yeah I should hope not, we saw enough of that the last year

Interesting that you guys make an emphasis that he makes bad decisions of throwing into coverage. Accurate QBs throw into coverage, and hit their receivers instead of the defensive players. So far is he has thrown one interception in four games, and that was when Delanie Walker tripped on a deep sideline sprint.

That's ridiculous, you sound like a child, not even I expect him to end every drive with a TD , what do you consider reasonable 50% , 33% , 25% I don't know what percentage of drives have ended in a TD let alone a FG but I bet it's not close to any of these numbers

Sarcasm sensors are going crazy
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Overmatched Players...

Oh, so being comfortable with the offense, O-line protection, running the ball when its not working, penalties all fall on a QB?? You act like we run the Run-N-Shoot or something.

Priceless

Doesn't matter the ball was catchable and should have been caught.

Priceless

Let's get one thing correct...most of us veterans here are not "Shaun Hill lovers". We are anti-haters towards players that have been doing a good job when called upon to step in & play. I will defend all players that are helping this team win from the sh*t talkers on this forum.

Good on ya!
But Nate Davis is clutch against 4th stringers!

Seriously, guys. Clutch.

Shaun Hill will lead this team to the superbowl sometime in the next 3 years!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by redrathman:
Seriously, guys. Clutch.

Judging by that picture, Shaun Hill would be the flywheel.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Priceless

That he should've caught.

He should be happy they're catchable and not to his feet or over thrown out of bounds. *cough* Alex Smith *cough*
Originally posted by redrathman:
Seriously, guys. Clutch.

Judging by that picture, Shaun Hill would be the flywheel.

But the flywheel was so much easier to Photoshop. Can we pretend people who talk about football on the internet don't know what a clutch looks like for just one thread?
Share 49ersWebzone