There are 135 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

who got cut?

Rossum or Spurlock. At this point I could care less which of those 2 just as long as it's one of those 2. They've both seemed fairy useless. Hill is a better gunner on ST than Spurlock is anyway. And Rossum hasn't done Jack in the return game either. Anybody else would be a travesty.
Originally posted by TDilvr:
Rossum or Spurlock. At this point I could care less which of those 2 just as long as it's one of those 2. They've both seemed fairy useless. Hill is a better gunner on ST than Spurlock is anyway. And Rossum hasn't done Jack in the return game either. Anybody else would be a travesty.

Well in Rossum's defense, he did return that kick for a touchdown against Seattle if I'm not mistaken. It was called back by a personal foul on Nate Clements, which had nothing to do with the outcome of the play.
Originally posted by ejroland:
Could be Rossum! If you look at the situation last Sunday, he was inactive!


coach Sing said Rossum was inactive because he wanted an extra linebacker for the game. It'll be a WR -- probably Spurlock.
Originally posted by Youngone:
I cut to feel

Originally posted by Gelder:
Originally posted by TDilvr:
Rossum or Spurlock. At this point I could care less which of those 2 just as long as it's one of those 2. They've both seemed fairy useless. Hill is a better gunner on ST than Spurlock is anyway. And Rossum hasn't done Jack in the return game either. Anybody else would be a travesty.

Well in Rossum's defense, he did return that kick for a touchdown against Seattle if I'm not mistaken. It was called back by a personal foul on Nate Clements, which had nothing to do with the outcome of the play.

It was called back on an illegal block in the back on Glen Coffee, which possibly gave Rossum the room to get free on that play. The personal foul on Clements was another flag later on in the play.
Originally posted by TDilvr:
Rossum or Spurlock. At this point I could care less which of those 2 just as long as it's one of those 2. They've both seemed fairy useless. Hill is a better gunner on ST than Spurlock is anyway. And Rossum hasn't done Jack in the return game either. Anybody else would be a travesty.

I personally hope its Spurlock. Even though Rossum has dropped off, no one appears to have shown the ball security or return ability to replace Rossum. Spurlock is just useless and shouldn't have made the team IMO and probably would not had Crabtree signed on time.
Rossum
there's no way Rossum gets cut before Spurlock.
we get a 2 week excepmtion for what i have no idea !
Originally posted by TheNaitch:
MattMaiocco If Crabtree signs, no way 49ers release Jason Hill. Battle and Bruce are not signed for next year. Hill would likely be No. 3 WR in '10.

Maiocco said that yesterday

you would think Battle, because they have VERY similar body Build and play the same way....but CRABs is younger......

but I wouldn't be surprised if Hill volunteered to be released.......let him shine else where.

but ideally I would want our starters next year to be....

Jason Hill on one side....

Crab or Morgan on the other.

[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 7, 2009 at 08:28:01 ]
I say Spurlock. Keep Battle just for the veteran presence and he has been pretty clutch on third downs in recent years. I just think there is more upside to battle than spurlock at least for this year.
  • B650
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,205
Originally posted by TheNaitch:
MattMaiocco If Crabtree signs, no way 49ers release Jason Hill. Battle and Bruce are not signed for next year. Hill would likely be No. 3 WR in '10.

Maiocco said that yesterday

Damn...Crabtree, Morgan, Hill, Jones, Davis, Gore, Coffee, Walker...



[ Edited by B650 on Oct 7, 2009 at 08:39:27 ]
I hope it's Rossum or Spurlock.
Originally posted by NINERFORLIFE12:
I say Spurlock. Keep Battle just for the veteran presence and he has been pretty clutch on third downs in recent years. I just think there is more upside to battle than spurlock at least for this year.

It looks to me like the same. Spurlock will get cut (I believe he has practice squad eligibility) and Crabtree will take his spot as the sixth inactive receiver on the team.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Please let it be Spurlock.